Barack Osama?

• 89 replies
Re: Barack Osama?
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2008, 02:04:03 AM »
Leaving alone the well-researched and unfounded "Barack Obama is a Muslim" line (there have been nearly 20 months of campaigning and every right winger and media outlet has tried to find dirt on Obama -if there was anything besides a school registration at a Muslim school in Jakarta, for a couple of years and long ago, it would have come out!);

and avoiding the fact that the guy the US assumes sent the Anthrax mailers was a white American (like the Unabomber);

and generally avoiding the slippery slope that we get into when we decide as a group that people who look a certain way are all threats, when most of the ones you see in Queens probably hate those a-holes and what they did as well, because they are immigrants who want to make that money like most folks who work hard to get to the US...

I don't think that any of the 9/11 killers wore turbAns.  They worked hard to look Americanized so as not to arouse suspicion.  And Sikhs (mostly Indian) wear turbans. 

I was fortunate not to lose anyone in the attacks (I know some successful evacuees, and a close friend lost someone on one of the flights) but we don't have to paint a whole people with the Threat Assessment Red brush.  Muslim extremists aren't the only threat, either from terrorism or in general.

So Peter, basically what youre saying is the terrorists didnt wear turbans because they didnt want to be noticed? Correct?

« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2008, 02:25:05 AM »
Leaving alone the well-researched and unfounded "Barack Obama is a Muslim" line (there have been nearly 20 months of campaigning and every right winger and media outlet has tried to find dirt on Obama -if there was anything besides a school registration at a Muslim school in Jakarta, for a couple of years and long ago, it would have come out!);

and avoiding the fact that the guy the US assumes sent the Anthrax mailers was a white American (like the Unabomber);

and generally avoiding the slippery slope that we get into when we decide as a group that people who look a certain way are all threats, when most of the ones you see in Queens probably hate those a-holes and what they did as well, because they are immigrants who want to make that money like most folks who work hard to get to the US...

I don't think that any of the 9/11 killers wore turbAns.  They worked hard to look Americanized so as not to arouse suspicion.  And Sikhs (mostly Indian) wear turbans. 

I was fortunate not to lose anyone in the attacks (I know some successful evacuees, and a close friend lost someone on one of the flights) but we don't have to paint a whole people with the Threat Assessment Red brush.  Muslim extremists aren't the only threat, either from terrorism or in general.

So Peter, basically what youre saying is the terrorists didnt wear turbans because they didnt want to be noticed? Correct?

Now I think you're just stirring the pot for the sake of stirring the pot.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2008, 02:33:18 AM »

In most cases you might be right, but not in this case. Im being called a bigot all over the place here,just trying to prove a point. Here is the quote in question:
     " I don't think that any of the 9/11 killers wore turbAns.  They worked hard to look Americanized so as not to arouse suspicion."

Now why wouldnt they wear turbans? Because that would look suspicious? Why is wearing a turban suspicious? HMM

« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2008, 02:46:21 AM »

In most cases you might be right, but not in this case. Im being called a bigot all over the place here,just trying to prove a point. Here is the quote in question:
     " I don't think that any of the 9/11 killers wore turbAns.  They worked hard to look Americanized so as not to arouse suspicion."

Now why wouldnt they wear turbans? Because that would look suspicious? Why is wearing a turban suspicious? HMM

Because this country is filled with evil biggots like yourself lol. This thread is out of control. You do have the worst sigs by the way first all the gay-rod now this.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2008, 08:29:24 AM »

Actually, what JJ said.  I'm not even calling you a bigot, though, not going to get into name-calling.  I understand how people can get angry.  But there are millions of Muslims (maybe billions) and millions of Arabs, and a few thousand extremists.  And Obama is none of the above.

« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

Actually, what JJ said.  I'm not even calling you a bigot, though, not going to get into name-calling.  I understand how people can get angry.  But there are millions of Muslims (maybe billions) and millions of Arabs, and a few thousand extremists.  And Obama is none of the above.

I didnt mean to single you out, I was only using part of your post to prove a point. Half of this thread isnt about Obama, its about Muslim extremists and how people with turbans are sterotyped or not streotyped.

« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2008, 02:19:02 PM »
NO thanks, Muslims,Arabs arent one of my favorites right now. They have shown their hatred towards Americans too many times that now I only have that image of them and I hold a grudge for my own reasons. My signature pic was taken a couple of years ago, do you think Obama would dress in a turbin now during an election?

I believe that pictures was taken when Obama was visiting a muslim country and out of respect he wore the local dress. Anyway....I hope you truely don't believe all Abrabs are the same, all Black people and Jews are the same. We are all individuals. My grandmother grew during segragation in North Carolina and tells me stories you would not believe but yet see taught me to judge people as individuals based on how they treat you. I am black so if I walk into your office for an interview I really have no chance of get the job?

Right now, I have to say I have problems with the Muslim worlds. This because of recent history which is embedded in my head and plays in my mind daily. Im being portrayed as a racist which I dont think is the case. I hold a grudge, that  I probably will hold a lifetime as will some others I assume. People have been murdered,people I knew because of these extremists and I have trouble looking past that and bunch them all together.
 I dont know how black or Jewish people  became part of this conversation but to answer your question, I have no problems with that at all. But in saying that, if a white,black,jewish, hell even if a martian showed up wearing a turbin-well you know what Im thinking. Thats just the way it is.

You may not realize it but what you are describing is bigotry/racism in its purest form.  Holding an entire race/religion accountable for the acts of a few is a narrow minded and hateful view. 

Like I said, call it what you want-I dont care either way. It is what it is and Im being honest.   And BTW, you said in earlier post you wouldnt send your kids to IONA College because of what I say or think-thats kinda narrow minded as well. Ya know-lumping all those Iona people in the same category as me.

That was a joke.  But you are being serious.

« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2008, 05:26:06 PM »
How about the world series promo....thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9BcITsPyI

« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2008, 05:31:51 PM »
How about the world series promo....thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lv9BcITsPyI

Geez Politicians can ruin anything

« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2008, 07:17:56 PM »
I know many righteous and God-fearin Muslim brother and sisters.
And ya'll best realize this statement come from a brother who loves Jesus. 

Peace out!
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.