Lance and reality

• 53 replies
Re: Lance and reality
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2009, 02:28:25 PM »
You guys are out of your minds. This is 1 of the best players EVER to come out of NYC. Hes going to be in the NBA soon. This team has thousands of questions marks from the school president to the towel boy and even down to us as fans. Why cant we add one more question mark who would be the best talent to come to this school since Artest?

I think if Lance does come here the best comparison will be with Felipe Lopez, right down to the crappy coaches in place.

Felipe was a basketball God coming out of high school,the best player in his class. Where does Lance rank in his class? top 10?
Just comparing the situations. Struggling team, awful coach, local kid viewed as a savior.

« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »
You guys are out of your minds. This is 1 of the best players EVER to come out of NYC. Hes going to be in the NBA soon. This team has thousands of questions marks from the school president to the towel boy and even down to us as fans. Why cant we add one more question mark who would be the best talent to come to this school since Artest?

I think if Lance does come here the best comparison will be with Felipe Lopez, right down to the crappy coaches in place.

Felipe was a basketball God coming out of high school,the best player in his class. Where does Lance rank in his class? top 10?
Just comparing the situations. Struggling team, awful coach, local kid viewed as a savior.

I agree, hopefully Lance,Parrom(God willing) Omari and Uncle Norm can take St Johns further than Fleipe,Zendon,Tarik and Mahoney ever did
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 02:34:22 PM by Marco Baldi »

« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2009, 02:34:54 PM »

I agree, hopefully Lance,Parrom(God willing) and Omari can take St Johns further than Fleipe,Zendon and Tarik ever did

Maybe Fran will be re-hired before their senior year ;)

boo3

« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2009, 02:36:55 PM »

Not 1 post in this thread where someone states that they don't want Lance.  No need to stir that pot.

boo3

« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2009, 02:39:21 PM »
ok this is were everyone is getting it twisted...i never said lance will singlehandedly get us to the tournament...i said him in addition to our supporting cast and added depth next year will get us in. this man is the all time leading scorer in ny highschool bball passing telfair and marbury. the point is some posters were being overly negative by saying "even with lance we wont make the tournament." im not going to act like i can predict the future but with lance, it becomes extremely possible we have a good chance of getting in.

re-read your posts.  you said we would definitely make tournament and in another post said it with Lance it is practically a given.  Don't backtrack now.

« Reply #45 on: April 21, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »
i know but im saying is not singlehandly becuase of lance, hes a major factor, not the only reason though.
O, God thy sea is so great and my boat is so small

Tha Kid

« Reply #46 on: April 21, 2009, 03:11:20 PM »
Omar Cook. ;)

Barkley was better I think. Is Stephenson better than Artest coming out of high school?

Barkley was better for us (and had more talent around him), but I believe Cook was more "talented" coming out of HS.  Just not as good a work ethic and teammate as Barkley.

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=1335.0 check the poll

Tha kid, were you 1 of the 3 to vote for Cook?  ;) Does anyone know where Cook was rated in the top 100 rankings as compared to Barkley?

I can't find the poll where is it - so no, I was not the one to vote for Cook!
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2009, 03:27:54 PM »
Omar Cook. ;)

Barkley was better I think. Is Stephenson better than Artest coming out of high school?

Barkley was better for us (and had more talent around him), but I believe Cook was more "talented" coming out of HS.  Just not as good a work ethic and teammate as Barkley.

Tha kid, were you 1 of the 3 to vote for Cook?  ;) Does anyone know where Cook was rated in the top 100 rankings as compared to Barkley?

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=1335.0

Tha Kid

« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2009, 03:44:17 PM »
Omar Cook. ;)

That's not the question that was posed here.  I voted for Barkley in that poll.  He was the better college player and I'd rather have him run my team.

A post here said Lance has the most talent coming out of HS since Artest, then someone said Barkley.  I think Cook was hyped more and had more talent, coming out of HS, than Barkley, barely.  That's what my contention is.

« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2009, 03:49:48 PM »
Omar Cook. ;)

That's not the question that was posed here.  I voted for Barkley in that poll.  He was the better college player and I'd rather have him run my team.

A post here said Lance has the most talent coming out of HS since Artest, then someone said Barkley.  I think Cook was hyped more and had more talent, coming out of HS, than Barkley, barely.  That's what my contention is.

I cant argue with that. Does anyone know where to find their High School rankings? Was Artest,Cook or Barkley top 10,top 50?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 03:50:11 PM by Marco Baldi »

Tha Kid

« Reply #50 on: April 21, 2009, 03:52:27 PM »
Omar Cook. ;)

I cant argue with that. Does anyone know where to find their High School rankings? Was Artest,Cook or Barkley top 10,top 50?

I believe all 3 of them were McDAAs so all very high.  My recollection, in terms of hype, is that it went Artest-Cook-Barkley, but I don't recall exact rankings.

« Reply #51 on: April 21, 2009, 03:55:45 PM »
Omar Cook. ;)

I believe all 3 of them were McDAAs so all very high.  My recollection, in terms of hype, is that it went Artest-Cook-Barkley, but I don't recall exact rankings.

After seeing Reggie Jessie play in High School, I thought he was going to be another great player at St Johns. He never got any better though, was he top 100?

« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2009, 05:46:57 PM »
I use rscihoops.com for historical rankings.  That guy amasses the top 6-10 rankings and then averages them out thereby creating the closest to a consensus ranking you can find.  Problem is it only goes back to the HS class of '98 so Artest isn't included.  Can't really find archives on any of the major sites going back earlier.

FWIW in that class of 1998 for STJ AG was ranked 23, Erick 28, Ernest Brown 66. In 99 no STJ's in top 100, in 00 Cook was 12, Darius was 3, Diakite 52, in 01 nobody, in 02 Ingram was 28, 03-06 nobody, in 07 JB was 79, no one in 08.

« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2009, 06:03:19 PM »
I use rscihoops.com for historical rankings.  That guy amasses the top 6-10 rankings and then averages them out thereby creating the closest to a consensus ranking you can find.  Problem is it only goes back to the HS class of '98 so Artest isn't included.  Can't really find archives on any of the major sites going back earlier.

FWIW in that class of 1998 for STJ AG was ranked 23, Erick 28, Ernest Brown 66. In 99 no STJ's in top 100, in 00 Cook was 12, Darius was 3, Diakite 52, in 01 nobody, in 02 Ingram was 28, 03-06 nobody, in 07 JB was 79, no one in 08.

Thanks yankcranker-thats a great site.  I cant believe Glover was ranked that high, better than Richard Jefferson,Udonis Haslem and a couple of other pros