Win, and they shall come.

gonzalo

Re: Challenge to fans
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 11:14:33 AM »
Stony Brook is our most important game.

The reason: It is our next game.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 05:06:26 PM »
i have season tix with a few other residents here at stjohns, but to fill ca they have to find a way to keep all the commuters around until gametime. something like a tailgate or free food to get that place loud, because there really arent very many students living on campus. a bus from si and manhattan campuses would go a long way as well if they lined them up to serve the home games.

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 05:51:27 PM »
I think the coaching staff may have to do a good amount of motivating before this game because this is looking like the stereotypical "trap game."

We're coming off of 2 good wins in a great environment, and the players might be looking ahead to playing Duke on saturday.  coaches gotta make sure they keep the players in the moment and win tomorrow!
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 07:20:55 PM »
I think the coaching staff may have to do a good amount of motivating before this game because this is looking like the stereotypical "trap game."

We're coming off of 2 good wins in a great environment, and the players might be looking ahead to playing Duke on saturday.  coaches gotta make sure they keep the players in the moment and win tomorrow!

Besides the usual motivation I suggest that they stress the natural animosity between St Johns and anyone named El-Amin.  Is Muhammad related to Khalid, I know the Stony Brook coach has UConn roots.