Burrell

• 32 replies

xhoops

Burrell
« on: January 26, 2010, 12:29:00 PM »
Justin scores 5 points on two passes...a nice three point play and 2 free throws when they had to foul him on the other one. THEN.....no more passes the rest of the game ???   It's criminal how underutilized he is. If they fed him the ball like they should ,he would be a very strong scorer AND they'd be winning games.

Re: Burrell
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 12:31:42 PM »
he did and he was even rebounding and being very active. of course, as soon as he scores, norm takes him out of the game. same with hardy. he has shown time and time again that he has absolutely NO feel for subbing players, who's playing well and playing well together. it's like he has a watch and when a player has played his 6 minutes in a row, it's time to bring in the next guy.

xhoops

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »
he did and he was even rebounding and being very active. of course, as soon as he scores, norm takes him out of the game. same with hardy. he has shown time and time again that he has absolutely NO feel for subbing players, who's playing well and playing well together. it's like he has a watch and when a player has played his 6 minutes in a row, it's time to bring in the next guy.
Exactly.....I'd have Burrell and Hardy on the floor 40 minutes ......they can both score the basketball and  we'd have an inside and out scoring at all times. Burrell would get other team's bigs in foul trouble and he hits the FT's too.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »
Justin scores 5 points on two passes...a nice three point play and 2 free throws when they had to foul him on the other one. THEN.....no more passes the rest of the game ???   It's criminal how underutilized he is. If they fed him the ball like they should ,he would be a very strong scorer AND they'd be winning games.

2.9!
I like Justin and I think he is a hell of a lot better than this. Unfortunately for him he also has the worst coach in the history of the sport. HOWEVER 2.9??? You can't really defend that. Is Justin waiting for someone to pass him a rebound? As I have said to Kob many times before, it would be a lot easier to blame all his struggles on Norm if he was rebounding at all.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2010, 01:13:35 PM »
Justin is much a part of the problem as Roberts.
Get position, you get rebounds.

xhoops

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 02:00:57 PM »
The discussion was passes to him for scoring  not rebounding.

xhoops

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 02:08:32 PM »

2.9!
I like Justin and I think he is a hell of a lot better than this. Unfortunately for him he also has the worst coach in the history of the sport. HOWEVER 2.9??? You can't really defend that. Is Justin waiting for someone to pass him a rebound? As I have said to Kob many times before, it would be a lot easier to blame all his struggles on Norm if he was rebounding at all.
He had 6 rebounds in 16 minutes. Granted rebounding is important. That stat is miss leading as  he gets little minutes but it still counts as a game. Also he causes many rebounds by boxing out and lets other teammates get the stat.  Rebounding and good passes from teammates inside(FG attempts) are two completely separate issues. He is the top FG% on the team(over 50 shots) and they don't give him the ball that's issue. WHY ?

boo3

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2010, 02:11:31 PM »
Since you are his agent,  why don't you just ask him?

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2010, 02:13:48 PM »
if he wants the ball, go get it. Stop being a puss and grab the guards and demand the ball. And when you do get the ball, stop turning it over and traveling with it. Be confident and make a quick decisive move

kob24

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:14:57 PM »
whoa fellas ive said it before rebounding is on justin not norm. i think it goes both ways. i really do. i think if norm got justin the ball more he would rebound more. and if justin rebound more norm would probaly get him more attempts. but justin is the idiot on this. norm makes like $600,000 already he is good. justin is trying to get there. he is only hurting himself. he does box out dj and sean just goes to the ball more. thats justin being a smart ass. and i know him better than anyone.it is what it is. he isnt the focal point of the offense. he has to accept it and be a defender and rebound

kob24

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 02:16:06 PM »
marco it isnt that easy. but this is a dead issue norm has his rotation.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 02:17:10 PM »
Also he causes many rebounds by boxing out and lets other teammates get the stat. 

Really tired of hearing how well JB boxes out. Who cares. Get the ball. 

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 02:17:37 PM »

2.9!
He had 6 rebounds in 16 minutes. Granted rebounding is important. That stat is miss leading as  he gets little minutes but it still counts as a game. Also he causes many rebounds by boxing out and lets other teammates get the stat.  Rebounding and good passes from teammates inside(FG attempts) are two completely separate issues. He is the top FG% on the team(over 50 shots) and they don't give him the ball that's issue. WHY ?

Your 4 and 5 guys have to rebound. Any way you spin it 2.9 is actually embarrasing! Especially for someone with Justin's physical ability. Norm sucks but if my big guy is not working hard on the boards I don't really care if he does not get the ball on offense! BTW it is possible to box out AND grab the rebound.   

kob24

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 02:26:30 PM »
xhoops. i know u like justin and u more than anyone see his potential. but its his fault.his freshman year he di what he was supposed to do. his sophmore year u can blame the mask but he still could have dominated and this year he isnt doing anything. its on him.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 02:39:13 PM »
The discussion was passes to him for scoring  not rebounding.

Oh, I'm sorry.

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 02:50:26 PM »
xhoops. i know u like justin and u more than anyone see his potential. but its his fault.his freshman year he di what he was supposed to do. his sophmore year u can blame the mask but he still could have dominated and this year he isnt doing anything. its on him.

If xhoops is not in fact Justin Burrell, I hope Justin has some sort of court document that requires xhoops to remain at least 500 feet away from him at all times ;D

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »
He is soft and play w no heart

kob24

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 03:08:54 PM »
chill lakeshore he isnt soft. far from it. and someone with the name lakeshore shouldnt be calling anyone soft
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 03:12:04 PM by kob24 »

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 04:47:15 PM »
KOB had me laughing on that reply!

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 08:19:05 PM »
 that WAS funny KOB.  maybe justin should threaten the selfish guys the way jayson williams did.  jayson wanted to be the man...