Cincinnati Game Discussion

• 57 replies
Re: Cincinnati Game Discussion
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 09:19:40 PM »
Anbdy wanna tell me why this game was play at MSG to begin wit?

Sent by my iChoz Phone
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »

Sent by my iChoz Phone

I was thinking the team could really use a game at Carnesseca to get pumped up.

I felt so bad for those kids tonight. It finally looked like it was too much for them tonight. Perhaps hitting a wall.

Still hope and think we can finish strong.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:13 PM »

Sent by my iChoz Phone

Probably thought we'd have more than 6 players when schedule was made

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 09:46:05 PM »
Brothers play bad. But they was like four peeps in the stands.

Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2012, 10:01:46 PM »
- Really missed Malik III tonight.

- White scored as much in 2 minutes as Moe in 36.  Not a recipe for success.

- We hit 1, count'em, 1 outside shot in the entire first half.  And that was Amir for our 1st bucket of the game.  Moe hit 0 jumpers on the night.

- Cincy rebounding over our heads for fun.

- Dunlap finally opens the walkon dam.

- Our worst effort of the year by far.  Going to be tough to rally back from this one. 

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2012, 10:02:08 PM »

Got to wonder whats going thru their heads after losing Stith, the players I mean

Moose

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2012, 10:18:52 PM »

Got to wonder whats going thru their heads after losing Stith, the players I mean

+1
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2012, 10:45:08 PM »
Regarding attendance ... a recent graduate of Rutgers told me this evening that the school used to give out free tickets to basketball games to all the students at Rutgers.  I can't confirm this actually happened, but it is what the Rutgers alum told me.

At SJU things are quite different, as we make our students pay for tickets.  Then about 10% of them, maybe more, sell them to non-students (I don't blame the non-students who buy these by the way, I love anyone who loves SJU and tries to support the team in this tough economy).

Why can't SJU "prime the pump" so to speak and give tickets to all SJU students, at least for games played at CA.  Free.  Students with tickets would have to show ID to get in.  The women's team just filled CA to capacity by giving away tickets to non-SJU students (to local school children).  Many many SJU students have NEVER been to a game.  They have no clue of the SJU tradition.  They are not sensitized to the team.  In order to bring them into the culture, history, and fun, the school should just give them tickets.  I think it would be in SJU's best interests too, as "priming the pump" like this would lead to future ticket sales.

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:43 PM »
wow Austin Rivers at buzzer

Moose

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »

Duke UNC game discussion?

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2012, 11:17:09 PM »

Why not?  Who goes down first in the NCAA tourny, Duke or UNC?

Moose

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2012, 11:23:39 PM »

Tough one.  Duke doesnt win 3 games, I'm comfortable in saying that.

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2012, 11:27:55 PM »

Tough one.  Duke doesnt win 3 games, I'm comfortable in saying that.

I think I like Duke's guards better, crazy to say that. Harrison Barnes is good, but something seems missing with his game. Maybe its the coach?

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 11:29:25 PM »
Wow Rivers took a dump on Chapel Hill

Poison

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 11:58:16 PM »
Dunlap comes with a great pedigree, but I'd fire his ass tomorrow.

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2012, 12:06:41 AM »

Ummmmm, why??

Anyways, tonight was horrific in terms of effort. Dunlap seems to have alluded to that in post game press conference. The effort and focus just wasn't there. Good for coach to take blame for that. Moe and D'Angelo were nonexistant, the help defense was ATROCIOUS and so was the ball handling and decision making. Attitudes need to get right.

By the way, the crowd tonight was flat out AWFUL. And I don't even want to hear people blaming the student section for this. They were the ONLY ones making noise. The rest of the crowd was so silent you would think it was the opera. I was yelling (mostly out of frustration) for a good portion of the second half. The people in front of me were upset about it, but you know what?? I really don't care. This is a basketball game, and you can sit on your hands if you want but don't hate on those of us who want to go a bit wild.  And don't get upset at the student section, who is the lone section of people who actually DO make noise. Time for our alumni and non-student section fans to get up off their a$$ and do their part to create an environment.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2012, 12:38:27 AM »

Ummmmm, why??

Anyways, tonight was horrific in terms of effort. Dunlap seems to have alluded to that in post game press conference. The effort and focus just wasn't there. Good for coach to take blame for that. Moe and D'Angelo were nonexistant, the help defense was ATROCIOUS and so was the ball handling and decision making. Attitudes need to get right.

By the way, the crowd tonight was flat out AWFUL. And I don't even want to hear people blaming the student section for this. They were the ONLY ones making noise. The rest of the crowd was so silent you would think it was the opera. I was yelling (mostly out of frustration) for a good portion of the second half. The people in front of me were upset about it, but you know what?? I really don't care. This is a basketball game, and you can sit on your hands if you want but don't hate on those of us who want to go a bit wild.  And don't get upset at the student section, who is the lone section of people who actually DO make noise. Time for our alumni and non-student section fans to get up off their a$$ and do their part to create an environment.

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2012, 12:44:42 AM »
The thing that I loved about this team was no matter how bad a game got they never quit.  Guys flat out quit tonight.  Moe dogged it the last 10 minutes it was disgusting.  I can deal with losing but quiting ... I have given up the optimism the program is a mess right now.

Ridiculous post.

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2012, 12:46:43 AM »

Ummmmm, why??

I only caught the last few mins of the game, was busy coaching my way into the finals. But in 1 post someone said we played hard and never quit, and youre saying the effort was horrific. Looking at the boxscore, I agree with Theo. 6 points and 5 rebounds in 36 mins and again only 2 fouls? And the 6th man, 26 mins,6 pts,1 rebound and 2 fouls? If Im getting my head kicked in at home, Im not going down without at fight. Again, I cant imagine what the hell is going on in that lockerroom. But it cant be good.

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2012, 01:03:21 AM »

Ummmmm, why??

Haha, classic! MJ did you know it was coming on?