Moe back in NYC

• 52 replies
Re: Moe back in NYC
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »
Was he a kitten on Duke when he became their best player and I believe averaged a double double or close to it. he would be the leading rebounder on this years team.

He was never their best player. That's insane.

I liked him...never understod why he didnt get more time...as was the case with King under Jarvis

He was very talented and was very good at Duke.

I always felt he should have gotten more time than Minlend. Just my opinion.

I liked him...never understood why he didnt get more time...as was the case with King under Jarvis

Poison

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2013, 09:42:58 PM »
Was he a kitten on Duke when he became their best player and I believe averaged a double double or close to it. he would be the leading rebounder on this years team.

Well I am insane but go check-believe he averaged like 14 and 10 and was their leading scorer for a year and had some time in NBA. May have been when coach K had health issues and they had a few off years.

The best player was Elton Brand.

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »
Ty Grant and Zendon Hamilton, then Artest. Mcleod was probably better than Grant, but I liked Grant and with Mahoney coaching it wouldn't have mattered. It is amazing that we had that kind of talent. Mahoney could def recruit. Just not at the point.

McLeod was a pussy. Mahoney him in the paint, and that sissy wanted to be a guard. Ty Grant was tough. He was raw as a young player, but he became a solid 4 year guy. And of the best rebounders we've ever had.

And McLeod became the 20th Overall Pick of the 1998 NBA draft. Good guy also. Knew him well at SJU. Trust me, he enjoyed SJU but knew he wasn't going to develop under Mahoney. You have no idea how bad it got.

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2013, 09:53:45 PM »

Well I am insane but go check-believe he averaged like 14 and 10 and was their leading scorer for a year and had some time in NBA. May have been when coach K had health issues and they had a few off years.

The best player was Elton Brand.

Brand was a freshmen when McLeod was senior captain...here is a summary of Roshown's career highlights

McLeod played two seasons at Duke, leading the Blue Devils to a 56-9 record, while averaging 13.7 points and 5.5 rebounds per game. As a senior captain in 1997-98, McLeod earned first team All-ACC and honorable mention All-America honors after guiding Duke to a 32-4 record, including a 15-1 mark in conference play, and an NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearance. He began his college career at St. John’s averaging 7.2 points and 5.8 rebounds in 57 career games for the Red Storm.

Following his senior campaign, McLeod was selected 20th overall by the Atlanta Hawks in the 1998 NBA Draft. He went on to average 7.2 points and 2.7 rebounds in 113 career games, while playing four seasons in the NBA with Atlanta (1998-01), Philadelphia (2001) and Boston (2001-02).

Poison

« Reply #44 on: February 04, 2013, 10:12:40 PM »
I'll take Elton Brand the 8th grader over McLeod in his prime.

Poison

« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2013, 10:22:07 PM »
Ty Grant and Zendon Hamilton, then Artest. Mcleod was probably better than Grant, but I liked Grant and with Mahoney coaching it wouldn't have mattered. It is amazing that we had that kind of talent. Mahoney could def recruit. Just not at the point.

McLeod was a pussy. Mahoney him in the paint, and that sissy wanted to be a guard. Ty Grant was tough. He was raw as a young player, but he became a solid 4 year guy. And of the best rebounders we've ever had.

And McLeod became the 20th Overall Pick of the 1998 NBA draft. Good guy also. Knew him well at SJU. Trust me, he enjoyed SJU but knew he wasn't going to develop under Mahoney. You have no idea how bad it got.

I know how bad Mahoney was. I went to the Cal Irvine game.

« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2013, 10:29:01 PM »
I know he won't put this on his message board resume. But Poison is the best poster on the St Johns message boards

« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »
I'll take Elton Brand the 8th grader over McLeod in his prime.

Nobody comparing McLeod to Brand...Just saying that McLeod wasnt a stiff

Moose

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2013, 12:44:01 AM »
I thought I was going to read about Moe Harkless here
Remember who broke the Slice news

desco80

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2013, 07:02:19 PM »
Moe has gotten 30+ mins in each of the last 8 games, and today they announced Turkoglu is suspended for 20 games for failing a drug test.

Looks like Moe is going to get serious burn in the 2nd half of the season for the Magic.   
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 07:02:32 PM by desco80 »

paultzman

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 09:00:08 PM »
“@szgokberk: @moe_harkless with 15 going into the 4th against Mike Dunlap's Bobcats. @STJ_Basketball on display in the NBA tonight. #stjbb”

« Reply #51 on: February 21, 2013, 12:36:05 AM »
Finished with 15 & 6 rebounds yesterday to in a loss to Dunlap's Bobcats & with 20 & 8 tonight is a loss to the Mavericks.

« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2013, 12:56:23 AM »
Finished with 15 & 6 rebounds yesterday to in a loss to Dunlap's Bobcats & with 20 & 8 tonight is a loss to the Mavericks.

Taking advantage of his playing time.  He's gotten lucky in Orlando with all their injuries and suspensions.  Looks to have been a perfect low-pressure situation for him to learn the NBA game an mature physically.  Hopefully he sustains this performance.