Marquette Game Thread

• 25 replies
Marquette Game Thread
« on: January 16, 2021, 01:16:11 PM »
Great start to the game but too many empty possessions led to first half deficit.

Think this game is in striking distance if defense can dial up in 2nd half
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Marquette Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 01:18:00 PM »
Champagnie has fallen in love with the perimeter too much. Need to him to be a dirty work guy more.

Foad

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2021, 01:23:19 PM »
Champagnie has fallen in love with the perimeter too much. Need to him to be a dirty work guy more.

Maybe they could find someone whose not leading the BE in scoring to do the dirty work.

Seriously, did he bang your girlfriend or something?

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 01:32:44 PM »
Well best way to get out of a shooting slump is keep shooting. Champagnie on fire

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 01:35:57 PM »
Maybe they could find someone whose not leading the BE in scoring to do the dirty work.

Seriously, did he bang your girlfriend or something?

No issues with him. His usage rate is also highest in Big East.

He's shooting the ball great but he has 9 three attempts already this game. Need to be able to draw him up something which falls on coaching.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 01:37:21 PM »
Roberts protecting paint is big difference. Insane he's been in dog house all season

cjfish

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 02:02:43 PM »
Dunn is a waste of space, kills the offense

cjfish

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 02:06:45 PM »

42%. keep taking them

cjfish

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 02:12:16 PM »
no concept how to finish a game. Ball should never be in Dunn’s hand in this situation. Really bad coaching, no execution, one on one....ridiculous.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2021, 02:26:23 PM »

I don’t mind any of his threes. He almost always shoots off a pass with feet set. Is there a better shot/situation for us this year than a set Champagnie three?

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2021, 02:31:51 PM »
Posh could really be a great player if he plays with more control later in his career. It’s tough to tell how much of this is being a freshman and how much is just who he is.

I like Posh and Wusu a lot for the long term.

So far I have been very wrong on Cole. He looked like second rate player today. I thought he might take some time to get his sea legs, but I never thought he’d look like he doesn’t belong. So bookmark this for the Marillac thinks he’s always right crowd.

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 03:59:12 PM »
Posh could really be a great player if he plays with more control later in his career. It’s tough to tell how much of this is being a freshman and how much is just who he is.

I like Posh and Wusu a lot for the long term.

So far I have been very wrong on Cole. He looked like second rate player today. I thought he might take some time to get his sea legs, but I never thought he’d look like he doesn’t belong. So bookmark this for the Marillac thinks he’s always right crowd.
Not so sure you are wrong on Cole. I don't believe he is being utilized properly as at this level and stage of his career I think he needs to be set up for open 3s as he needs space and time to get off his shot and I do believe he has a good shooting touch.

Foad

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 04:05:53 PM »
The worst thing that happened to this program in 10 years is Rasheed Dunn hitting a game winning shot last year. Because now he thinks he's Dereck Whittenburg.

Foad

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 04:08:35 PM »
Not so sure you are wrong on Cole.

He's Avery Patterson without the headband. He stinks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 04:09:05 PM by Foad »

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2021, 04:33:08 PM »
The worst thing that happened to this program in 10 years is Rasheed Dunn hitting a game winning shot last year. Because now he thinks he's Dereck Whittenburg.
Derek Whittenberg threw up an air ball. It was Lorenzo Charles who came out of nowhere to catch it an dunk it in to win the National Championship but he did always claim it was a pass.

Foad

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2021, 04:39:33 PM »
Derek Whittenberg threw up an air ball

Exactly dummy. See also, irony is wasted on the stupid.

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2021, 04:58:21 PM »
Exactly dummy. See also, irony is wasted on the stupid.
Thank you sir! May I have another!

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2021, 05:42:23 PM »
I don’t mind any of his threes. He almost always shoots off a pass with feet set. Is there a better shot/situation for us this year than a set Champagnie three?

I think he takes good looks but it's a problem our offense is having our 4 chuck it from deep. I also think teams are basically like let JC get his and let them chuck.

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2021, 08:20:10 PM »
Dunn drives me crazy. Bonehead plays all the time. He is athletic but his eye hand coordination is weak. He has never come through at the end. Dribbling for 15 secs and running out the clock was terrible. Almost as bad as all the times he has dribbled the ball off his knee.

Foad

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 09:15:13 PM »
I think he takes good looks but it's a problem our offense is having our 4 chuck it from deep. I also think teams are basically like let JC get his and let them chuck.

Jesus christmas. A problem for our offense is that nearly everyone stinks except JC and it doesn't help that the coach is a nice person. The first half of the game today was basically shut JC down and let the rest of the mutts do whatever they want. And then the second half despite which he almost won the game by himself.

Again, did he bang your girlfriend? He's nearly the only player on the team who doesn't stink and you've been shitting on him since he got signed. Give it a rest. You're beclowning yourself.