Abdul Malik Abu - PF - Kimball Union Academy - Boston, MA - NC STATE

• 181 replies

paultzman

“@TheRecruitScoop: St. John's has offered 2014 forward Abdul-Malik Abu of Kimball Union (NH), per his coach.”

Think Providence on him as well.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:18:24 PM by Moose »

Re: Abdul Malik Abu
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 12:41:50 PM »
Potential package deal with Jared Terrell

paultzman

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:02 PM »
“@ECoastBias: St. John's offers 2014 forward Abdul-Malik Abu out of Boston #stjbb http://sbn.to/16LH7Ek

Abu is a physical specimen with a powerful build and the high motor to maximize his physical tools. He's a bit of a throwback power forward type in that he's a banger who thrives by throwing his body around on the inside, crashing the glass, and doing the dirty work.

The description adds that he is lacking a bit of skill, offensively is only effective around the rim, and is generally raw. Seton Hall, Rutgers, Providence, Wisconsin, Connecticut, and many others have expressed interest.

As the roster stands, St. John's will lose Orlando Sanchez, Marc-Antoine Bourgault, God`sGift Achiuwa, and possibly JaKarr Sampson if he chooses to go pro after his second season in the red and white (and black or gray for special occasions). The 2014 team should have a number of solid seniors to build around, but few big men; Christian Jones is the only forward projected to be on the roster at that point.

He plays for the Expressions Elite AAU team (Nike).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:00:39 PM by paultzman »

MCNPA

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 01:18:16 PM »
Both look like a great fit.  Reminds me a little of Montrezl Harrell.  We've been involved with Terell for a while.  I'd take both in a heartbeat as both are physical specimens who fit our style and needs.  Get em Lavs
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:16:28 PM by MCNPA »

Moose

Re: Abdul Malik Abu - PF - Kimball Union Academy - Boston, MA
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 03:01:35 AM »
Him and Terrell no questions asked

Lets go
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 03:10:48 AM »
I need to be able to make as many Aladdin puns as possible. Get him Lavs!

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 10:55:07 AM »
Based on the YouTube videos, this kid can play

Exactly what we need down in the low post

paultzman

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2013, 02:50:44 PM »
Competition obviously will be fierce for Abu & Terrell.

“@TheRecruitScoop: Xavier offered 2014 Kimball Union (NH) PF Abdul-Malik Abu. The Musketeers offered his close friend, Jared Terrell, last week.”

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2013, 02:52:00 PM »
Competition obviously will be fierce for Abu & Terrell.

“@TheRecruitScoop: Xavier offered 2014 Kimball Union (NH) PF Abdul-Malik Abu. The Musketeers offered his close friend, Jared Terrell, last week.”

let the new conference recruiting battles begin!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2013, 06:12:20 PM »
He's big time. Don't think St. John's will get involved. They don't do too much recruiting out of New England area.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:19 PM »
He's big time. Don't think St. John's will get involved. They don't do too much recruiting out of New England area.

Offering him a scholly isnt getting involved?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 06:46:16 PM »
S
[/quot
Shannon crooks was an all time great lol

MCNPA

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2013, 07:09:37 PM »

Offering him a scholly isnt getting involved?

Maybe Dave missed that we offered him last week?

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 09:41:05 PM »
S
[/quot
Crooks played well for UMass after turnover prone fr season with the Johnnies and Dave can't be missing the news we offered Abu!  :)

Poison

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 10:36:25 PM »
S
[/quot

We coulda used that guy Cook's freshman year.

ras

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 10:47:39 PM »
If we can recruit in Detroit,Ca and TX One would think NE would be easy.

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2013, 11:56:12 PM »
St. John's also was reported to "offer" BeeJay Anya yet never recruited him which I confirmed by both parties. St. John's has strong recruiting ties in Philly, NY, Florida, Texas, LA, and CA. No one on the staff really has ties to DC or New England areas which they don't really waste their time chasing recruits in the end they won't have a shot for. I see Abdul Malik-Abu as one of those guys. I hope I'm wrong and they have a shot at him because he's a beast. He's built like a brick, is quick and agile.

I first saw him a few years ago at camp and put together the weakest highlight tape on him ever. He was really raw but knew he had serious potential and wanted to get the first footage of him out there. You can see how far he's come in just two years. I won't see his AAU team that much this summer since they left Reebok and went to Nike but I'll ask Ty, his coach, about his recruitment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W942a7haFqE
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Moose

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2013, 12:14:49 AM »
St. John's also was reported to "offer" BeeJay Anya yet never recruited him which I confirmed by both parties. St. John's has strong recruiting ties in Philly, NY, Florida, Texas, LA, and CA. No one on the staff really has ties to DC or New England areas which they don't really waste their time chasing recruits in the end they won't have a shot for. I see Abdul Malik-Abu as one of those guys. I hope I'm wrong and they have a shot at him because he's a beast. He's built like a brick, is quick and agile.

I first saw him a few years ago at camp and put together the weakest highlight tape on him ever. He was really raw but knew he had serious potential and wanted to get the first footage of him out there. You can see how far he's come in just two years. I won't see his AAU team that much this summer since they left Reebok and went to Nike but I'll ask Ty, his coach, about his recruitment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W942a7haFqE

Thought Rico had some DC area ties?
Remember who broke the Slice news