Syracuse

• 246 replies
Re: Syracuse
« Reply #240 on: December 22, 2016, 09:25:59 PM »
Having Mussini and Amar out hurt forced CM to tighten his rotation, going with only 3 guards and giving RF more time. I think some of our improved play tonight was a result of this tighter rotation.  Ellison, in particular, seems to perform better when he's not looking over his shoulder expecting to be yanked after every turnover, and RF certainly played loose and shot with greater confidence.  This was clearly Bashir's best and most under control performance of the year.

I'm not saying to dump Mussini from the rotation.  There are games where he will play and someone else won't, but I would prefer to see RF get the minutes that Amar's been getting. I think settling on an 8 man rotation improves everyone's focus and improves the team.  We're not deep enough to be playing 10 guys.

To a degree this is true. I do think Mussini has value. He's the best shooter on the team. Need to limit his minutes and increase his usage when in the game.

Ellison is really good. I know he's played poor at times but people tend to magnify every miss or turnover he has.
When his offense comes within the flow of the game, he is actually quite effective. When he feels the need to be the man, not so good. Definite upside but needs to avoid the lazy passes, lackadaisical defense and brain farts (receiving passes while out of bounds on 2 occasions The threat of lost PT to next year's newbies will hopefully ensure more consistent focus -- as well as overall maturity..

wpc77

« Reply #241 on: December 22, 2016, 09:49:18 PM »
Having Mussini and Amar out hurt forced CM to tighten his rotation, going with only 3 guards and giving RF more time. I think some of our improved play tonight was a result of this tighter rotation.  Ellison, in particular, seems to perform better when he's not looking over his shoulder expecting to be yanked after every turnover, and RF certainly played loose and shot with greater confidence.  This was clearly Bashir's best and most under control performance of the year.

I'm not saying to dump Mussini from the rotation.  There are games where he will play and someone else won't, but I would prefer to see RF get the minutes that Amar's been getting. I think settling on an 8 man rotation improves everyone's focus and improves the team.  We're not deep enough to be playing 10 guys.

To a degree this is true. I do think Mussini has value. He's the best shooter on the team. Need to limit his minutes and increase his usage when in the game.

Ellison is really good. I know he's played poor at times but people tend to magnify every miss or turnover he has.
When his offense comes within the flow of the game, he is actually quite effective. When he feels the need to be the man, not so good. Definite upside but needs to avoid the lazy passes, lackadaisical defense and brain farts (receiving passes while out of bounds on 2 occasions The threat of lost PT to next year's newbies will hopefully ensure more consistent focus -- as well as overall maturity..

It's the plays where he appears to be high on ecstasy that stand out.  Like totally bizarre shots and passes that are not usually seen once kids hit age 12.  By and large he's actually very solid.  It's weird. 

Poison

« Reply #242 on: December 22, 2016, 10:07:55 PM »

It's the plays where he appears to be high on ecstasy that stand out.  Like totally bizarre shots and passes that are not usually seen once kids hit age 12.  By and large he's actually very solid.  It's weird. 

Why do you think Pervis was never nervous?

« Reply #243 on: December 22, 2016, 10:25:35 PM »
Agree with post to just chill (didn't want to credit that post to Baldi for fear of Scheppy) don't take your posts on the subject that seriously but the repetitiveness of them is annoying at least to me. But must take exception to your assertion that the 3 white players are receiving undue support. You yourself are jokingly calling for consolidation to RF who in actuality does not receive undue support and I don't know any big fans of AliB.  With Mussini you have a case. I like the kid as he came here from another country to play for my alma mater and from all indications is a great kid well liked by his teammates. Your best case for undue favoritism towards a player may well have been that showed towards Fred Lyson. Anyway, would rather be talking strictly about basketball than about race on these boards. Yours and Foad's opinions on undue favoritism toward players of a certain race have been duly noted unduly.  :)

RF doesn't get enough support. He is right where I and many others expected him to be, but he's labeled as somewhat of a bust. It seems, if anything, WASJU and our fans are harder
on white players. I can't think of a single white player WASJU hasn't mocked from a very early stage.

Ron Rowan I liked. Phil Missere. Big Steve Shurina fan, Chris Mullin was ok
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 10:26:02 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #244 on: December 23, 2016, 11:08:38 AM »
For us to have long term success we need guys like RF, Sima, Mussini, KY, to stick around 4 years. They'll all got better. And while they may never become superstars they are the type of guys that we envy on teams like Creighton, Butler, etc.

ras

« Reply #245 on: December 23, 2016, 05:07:23 PM »
For us to have long term success we need guys like RF, Sima, Mussini, KY, to stick around 4 years. They'll all got better. And while they may never become superstars they are the type of guys that we envy on teams like Creighton, Butler, etc.
Unfortunately that's our current problem. Since Lavin left the cup board bare we have no upperclassman leadership that has been here except a midiocre Amar. Also we are currently expecting too much from our underclassmen because of it.

Poison

« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2016, 08:07:17 AM »
So I guess now wouldn't be a good time for my "All time Caucasian St Johns team"?
tru dat
Lol NY has gotten so soft, such a shame.

Amazing isn't it. If someone called me a drunk Irish motherfcker,  I would laugh and agree with them. But then again, I'm not soft

Pajama boys. Some of these "men" make Rachel Maddow look like The Rock.
HAAAAA. They would never had survived that night we all met at that bar that PMG set up for that drinkathon years ago. If we ever turn into lord of the flies I know which ones are gonna survive

Of course not. You guys are so brave to stand up for white people.