Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - KANSAS STATE

• 378 replies
Re: Jevon Thomas - PG - OSNA - Rosedale, NY - ST. JOHN'S
« Reply #120 on: May 14, 2011, 03:45:20 PM »
I saw Jevon play in the IS8 playoffs tonight. I was impressed. He has great handles, was the quickest player on the court, and what I liked the best was how eager he was to pass and get his teammates involved. He scored a decent amount, mostly by getting to the paint and drawing fouls. He also grabbed a bunch of rebounds for a small pg.

His team won btw, they led the whole game.

I know some people were concerned about his lack of stats in other games. There were numerous times in this game when he made a nice pass to a wide open shooter or to a big man down low who couldn't finish. I could easily see his numbers suffering from not playing with great teammates.

He scored 15 last night:

The ability of Whitehead and PG Jevon Thomas (15 points) to get to the stripe helped Juice pull away, although as a team Juice was sour from the charity stripe (they shot a rickety 9-17 in the fourth quarter and 19-36 for the game).

http://nychoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1221724

« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2011, 05:41:24 PM »
Is this guy  getting recruited over before he even gets a chance to sign?

« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2011, 08:37:51 PM »

Like I said

« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2011, 09:18:35 PM »

Like I said

You might have a point.

« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »

Like I said

You might have a point.

Hopefully St Johns has

« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2011, 09:25:27 PM »

Like I said

You might have a point.

Hopefully St Johns has

LOL  A pretty good one, Baldi.

MCNPA

« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2011, 11:25:47 PM »
Are we really recruiting over the kid?  If we take a pass on MoMo and Harrow, how many PG's do we have on the roster?  We will only have possibly Lindsey who will be a junior.  Maybe Phil Greene if we consider him a PG, but I think he's more of a combo type.  At this point, we don't even know if Jevon will be eligible for 2012. I don't think we need both MoMo and Harrow, but I don't think adding just one of those guys should rock the boat that much.  It seems like Jevon is unhappy with the situation, but at this level of ball, having several PGs on the roster is pretty standard.

DFF6

« Reply #127 on: May 24, 2011, 07:44:01 PM »
Jevon gets no love from ESPN's top 100 for 2012. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings

boo3

« Reply #128 on: May 24, 2011, 09:35:37 PM »
Jevon gets no love from ESPN's top 100 for 2012. 

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings

I'm not all into rankings.  But if your not Top 100, get some thicker skin.  Getting recruited over?  Damn right.  It's not like he's top 20 or anything.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:38:52 PM by boo3 »

« Reply #129 on: May 24, 2011, 10:38:22 PM »
I love Dave Telep, he's the best but I know he hasn't been north and JT hasn't been south so its no surprise to me that he's unlisted. Most people think he's 100-150 anyways.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

MCNPA

« Reply #130 on: May 24, 2011, 11:16:18 PM »
I still think Jevon should head to a Nepsac school this season.  It will help both his grades and his game.  We'll be able to get more of a feel for his game in a great league like that.  He's not top 100 but certainly could ge if he gets serious.  Hope he heads to Brewster or similar school.

« Reply #131 on: May 24, 2011, 11:33:17 PM »
He's rated as a 90 and 3 stars...I see prospect 100 is a 92 so he's just outside the top 100 right now...I have a feeling he'll be climbing the charts next year

« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2011, 03:10:37 PM »

« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2011, 07:42:40 PM »
I got this from a post from another forum that I read. The poster just got back from the 2nd day of the CP3 camp.

"Jevon Thomas- St. Johns got a stud in this kid. I admit I knew nothing of this kid coming into the camp but after he made easy work of LJ Rose in 1 on 1 last night he got my attention. He's not the biggest kid at all and he needs to add muscle but his passing ability and being able to finish around the rim with contact makes me even more confident in this kid's ability to play in the Big East. One of the most impressive players so far."

« Reply #134 on: June 11, 2011, 08:50:28 PM »
http://twitter.com/#!/PaulBiancardi

5 11 Jevon Thomas #NY has gr8 quickness and a tight low handle that allows him to go by defenders and score or hand out the assist .

do u think he has a chance to enter the top 100?” Yes he has a chance if he continues to listen and learn .
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2011, 03:00:28 PM »
Why isnt Kyle Anderson at this camp?

« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
I got this from a post from another forum that I read. The poster just got back from the 2nd day of the CP3 camp.

"Jevon Thomas- St. Johns got a stud in this kid. I admit I knew nothing of this kid coming into the camp but after he made easy work of LJ Rose in 1 on 1 last night he got my attention. He's not the biggest kid at all and he needs to add muscle but his passing ability and being able to finish around the rim with contact makes me even more confident in this kid's ability to play in the Big East. One of the most impressive players so far."

I like this.

Moose

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2011, 08:57:32 AM »

Because he wanted to win MVP of the Rumble of the Bronx instead.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2011, 09:55:34 AM »

Because he wanted to win MVP of the Rumble of the Bronx instead.

That and a quarter will get ya a quarter water

NYCoffey

« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2011, 02:35:54 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/basketball/mens/news/story?id=6659757

Best drivers

Jevon Thomas (Queens, N.Y./ Our Savior New American)
2012, PG, 5-11, 170 pounds
College: St. John's
He possesses never-ending speed, blow-by quickness, a tight handle and the vision to see the play. Thomas is hard to stay in front of because he utilizes all his physical tools and skill to distribute the ball or score. A must-have shot for all little guards is a floater, which he has displayed. He keeps attacking defenses and puts them on notice quickly. His jumper is solid but needs work and more importantly he needs to listen and learn to continue his overall development.