Jarell Martin - PF - Madison Prep Academy - Baton Rouge, LA - LSU

• 108 replies

paultzman

Re: Jarell Martin - PF - Madison Prep Academy - Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »
“@PremierBall: Now watching 2013 6'8 F Jarell Martin #lasvegasclassic displaying skill set and motor. Good engine on this model.”

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 06:45:04 PM »
Lavin going all out for Martin in Vegas.

“@courtcred: Head Coaches in the building- Tom Izzo, Josh Pastner, Roy Williams, Steve Lavin, Billy Kennedy...Mac Irvin Fire waiting to take the floor”

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2012, 09:21:07 PM »
Scout.com video of Martin.  The Q & A is pretty bizarre.  First she asks him some of the schools that offered and then proceeds to ask about him what are the 10 schools he recently cut his list down to.  Why even ask him the first question???

For us, good thing he mentions SJU in both lists:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1207949.html

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 09:22:49 PM »
Scout.com video of Martin.  The Q & A is pretty bizarre.  First she asks him some of the schools that offered and then proceeds to ask about him what are the 10 schools he recently cut his list down to.  Why even ask him the first question???

For us, good thing he mentions SJU in both lists:

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1207949.html

Love this kid.  Want him.  Nasty player inside and out.  A true face-up PF.    Hope he solidifies his grades.  He has plenty of time.  I think we have a great shot.  Land Martin and McCullough next to Obekpa and I don't think any team in the country can match up.  Maybe I'm just daydreaming... 8)

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-basketball/Rivals-Spotlight-Jarrell-Martin-1104357
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 09:36:26 PM by MCNPA »

paultzman

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 09:28:53 PM »
Martin w 24 pts, 11 rebounds Lawrence 8 & 7.

“@CoachB_Sibley: Check out Jarell Martin's stat line in game 3 of Adidas Nations as his team won 102-82 @jarell_martin1 Pleas http://t.co/0UITpoPH
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 09:31:17 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 09:46:47 PM »

“@CoachB_Sibley: Check out Jarell Martin's stat line in game 3 of Adidas Nations as his team won 102-82 @jarell_martin1 Pleas http://t.co/0UITpoPH

Ironically I read both he and Jermaine were teammates playing with each other at times this weekend.

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 06:34:39 AM »

Ironically I read both he and Jermaine were teammates playing with each other at times this weekend.

Box score above indicates same team.

sju89tr

« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2012, 10:50:12 AM »
I didnt see much of an outside game from him in Vegas but He has really nice size and is very active in the paint. Granted with AAU the height guys have a marked advantage but he is a skilled offensive player with a great motor. It is easy to try to compare him to Gathers since he is also from Louisiana but a very different player with similar results, he is a legit 6-9 with room to put on some pounds and ome into college at around 230-235. I was super impressed.

paultzman

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2012, 07:51:44 AM »
FWIW, I spoke to a JC Assistant in Baton Rouge area last night. He also contributes to a Louisiana bball publication. He told me he doubts SJU has a real chance with Martin. It may be one man's opinion, but I thought I would pass it on. Hopefully we prevail.

Moose

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:51 AM »
FWIW, I spoke to a JC Assistant in Baton Rouge area last night. He also contributes to a Louisiana bball publication. He told me he doubts SJU has a real chance with Martin. It may be one man's opinion, but I thought I would pass it on. Hopefully we prevail.

No chance with Martin?
Seems out of Whitehead chase?
We're doomed....
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 09:43:01 AM »

No chance with Martin?
We're doomed....

Did not say we have no chance with either player Moose. IMO Whitehead is quite a challenge. Passing on Martin feedback was just sharing info. I certainly don't feel doomed. Being alive with McCullough, Lawrence and these guys is a good thing. Even if we fall short with players noted, Coach L. And staff will get solid players IMO. Taking a positive view, it is great we have a manageable # of folks to recruit.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 09:46:26 AM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 09:51:05 AM »

No chance with Martin?
We're doomed....

Did not say we have no chance with either player Moose. IMO Whitehead is quite a challenge. Passing on Martin feedback was just sharing info. I certainly don't feel doomed. Being alive with McCullough, Lawrence and these guys is a good thing. Even if we fall short with players noted, Coach L. And staff will get solid players IMO. Taking a positive view, it is great we have a manageable # of folks to recruit.

Doomed I say....
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 01:12:54 PM »
How do we feel about Facey?  Is he an elite recruit?  Would the STJ faithful be disappointed if we landed only Facey this year?  Seems to me that he is ours to lose.

paultzman

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 01:21:06 PM »
How do we feel about Facey?  Is he an elite recruit?  Would the STJ faithful be disappointed if we landed only Facey this year?  Seems to me that he is ours to lose.

Don't know if he is ours to lose, but if we fan on Lawrence and Martin, I would take a chance on Facey. Staff of course would have to spend some time developing him from what folks, who have seen him, say.

Chilleb

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »

Don't know if he is ours to lose, but if we fan on Lawrence and Martin, I would take a chance on Facey. Staff of course would have to spend some time developing him from what folks, who have seen him, say.

Whitehead will be back in he fold once he sees our style of play and us winning games this year. Martin as well if he dosent commit by then.

paultzman

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2012, 05:34:35 PM »
“@ebosshoops: Five-star Jarell Martin still has seven schools in the hunt and will wait until Spring to decide ($$$$$$$) http://t.co/Jgv1IVqV

SJU one of seven.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 09:51:04 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2012, 10:31:13 PM »
“@ebosshoops: Five-star Jarell Martin still has seven schools in the hunt and will wait until Spring to decide ($$$$$$$) http://t.co/Jgv1IVqV

SJU one of seven.

Yup cut it from 10 to seven.  SJU, Alabama, Louisville, UCLA, Texas A & M, Oklahoma St. and LSU.

While he hasn't made any huge changes to his list, Martin has cut his list of schools down a bit leaving Alabama, , Louisville, LSU, Oklahoma State, St. John's, Texas A&M and UCLA as the seven programs left standing with a chance at landing him in the spring.

crgreen

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2012, 11:02:47 PM »

SJU one of seven.

Like to think the wait is because my two favorite teams on his list both need to prove something with this coming season after disappointing (tho understandable) 2012 seasons...both are POISED for breakout seasons - but both need to translate paper to hardwood....

desco80

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2012, 05:55:40 PM »

SJU one of seven.

$$ or grades the reason he's waiting till spring??     His list is pretty solid, so I can't imagine there are too many schools he's holding out hope he gets an offer from (UK? UNC? )

LJSA

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2012, 09:34:05 PM »
(UK? UNC? )

It always seems to be one of those two that a kid is holding out for.