Jarell Martin - PF - Madison Prep Academy - Baton Rouge, LA - LSU

• 108 replies

desco80

Re: Jarell Martin - PF - Madison Prep Academy - Baton Rouge, LA
« Reply #80 on: September 28, 2012, 01:02:29 PM »
Not to get into the # of scholarships discussion... because that can get silly when we don't know who might jump pro, who might transfer etc etc

But assuming we have 1 opening .. who would make the biggest impact out of Martin, Jordan, Lawrence, Wainwright ?   

Or even if we have multiple schollies ... who do you think the staff would like more than anybody else? 

gman

« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2012, 01:38:50 PM »
Not to get into the # of scholarships discussion... because that can get silly when we don't know who might jump pro, who might transfer etc etc

But assuming we have 1 opening .. who would make the biggest impact out of Martin, Jordan, Lawrence, Wainwright ?   

Or even if we have multiple schollies ... who do you think the staff would like more than anybody else?

You take the first to commit and then worry about finding ships for the others. 

« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2012, 01:45:07 PM »

It's hard to answer who would make the biggest impact without knowing who on the existing roster leaves.  If DLo goes, then a scoring guard (Jordan) is the team's biggest need.  If Jakarr or Sanchez leave, plus GG, then Lawrence or Martin would have the biggest impact because the team will need size.

Wainright is my favorite player of the bunch, but he might have the least impact immediately given current personnel unless Amir leaves to play baseball full time.

Obekpa, Wainright, Dom, and Branch would be an incredible defensive combo

DFF6

« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2012, 01:47:32 PM »

It's hard to answer who would make the biggest impact without knowing who on the existing roster leaves.  If DLo goes, then a scoring guard (Jordan) is the team's biggest need.  If Jakarr or Sanchez leave, plus GG, then Lawrence or Martin would have the biggest impact because the team will need size.

Wainright is my favorite player of the bunch, but he might have the least impact immediately given current personnel unless Amir leaves to play baseball full time.

+1

desco80

« Reply #84 on: September 28, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »

I agree, you take the first you can get.  But I'm just asking.. who would we want to be that first guy.    If the staff could have their pick, who do they take?

desco80

« Reply #85 on: September 28, 2012, 03:44:14 PM »

That would be a nice defensive lineup.    And I agree, it does depend on who leaves.  Makes it a hard question to answer I realize.

MCNPA

« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2012, 04:03:12 PM »

I agree, you take the first you can get.  But I'm just asking.. who would we want to be that first guy.    If the staff could have their pick, who do they take?

For me?  Rysheed Jordan first.  He's a unique talent and the only only of his type that we're involved with.  We are involved with a few other forwards and if we used a ship on Jordan, we'd come up with a ship for them.  We don't know what Lavin has worked out with the team and his info.  He likely already know if and when a second ship is going to open up.

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2012, 02:07:12 PM »
“@ebosshoops: Five-star Jarell Martin still has seven schools in the hunt and will wait until Spring to decide ($$$$$$$) http://t.co/Jgv1IVqV

SJU one of seven.

Yup cut it from 10 to seven.  SJU, Alabama, Louisville, UCLA, Texas A & M, Oklahoma St. and LSU.

While he hasn't made any huge changes to his list, Martin has cut his list of schools down a bit leaving Alabama, , Louisville, LSU, Oklahoma State, St. John's, Texas A&M and UCLA as the seven programs left standing with a chance at landing him in the spring.

Latest article on LSU's Rivals.com site.  Says he is impressed with the 2 recent top 100 players for 2013 that have committed to LSU.

Says he is basically down to 6 schools (no longer listing UCLA):

"Coach Jones has done a great job," Madison prep coach Jeff Jones said. "He's been real persistent and made it clear that Jarell is a priority for him in this class. He's brought some other good players in. I think they're moving in the right direction."

Martin (6-9, 220) has noticed recent high-profile pledges to LSU, including Rivals150 forward Jordan Mickey and point guard Tim Quarterman.

"They're doing a good job," said Martin, who is expected to be a spring signee. "They're getting people in."

Asked for his short list of choices, Martin said, "LSU, Alabama, Louisville, St. John's, Texas A&M and Oklahoma State. That's pretty much it right now."

He later added, "I just want to go where ever will get me to the next level."

http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1416256

« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 02:07:58 PM by fordham96 »

gman

« Reply #88 on: October 09, 2012, 10:25:51 AM »
Lsu got another high level big man per zags

Moose

« Reply #89 on: October 09, 2012, 10:47:27 AM »
Lsu got another high level big man per zags

As first reported last night on my Twitter, Dylan Johns, a 6-foot-10 center from the Houston Trent International School, has committed to LSU and plans to enroll in December.

Eugene Harris, the head coach at Trent, said Johns chose LSU over Baylor, Michigan State and Oklahoma STate.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2012, 11:06:52 AM »
He is in no hurry.  Per scout.com: 

According to Madison Prep head coach Jeff Jones, Martin has really been on top of his game so far this fall.

“He is looking pretty good so far,” said Jones. “He is kind of riding the wave of the success he had this summer. He has come back a lot more confident and a lot more vocal. Jarell has put on muscle, is stronger, and has grown another inch, and overall just looks improved and is doing a great job for us.”

Recruiting wise it is no surprise that numerous high level head coaches have made sure to be in the gym evaluating and recruiting Martin.

“Head coaches from LSU, Texas A&M, Oklahoma State, St. John’s, Alabama, and an assistant from UCLA,” listed Jones. “All of those guys have been in and calling.”

In terms of visits, right now there is nothing being talked about.

“We haven’t set up any official visits yet,” said Jones. “We are looking to set those up in the next month or so. Jarell expressed to me that he wants to sign late so there is no rush to set up the official visits.”

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1228129.html

BTW-Scout.com changed their website to FoxSports after the acquistion.  But now they seem to be back to their old site.

crgreen

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »

BTW-Scout.com changed their website to FoxSports after the acquistion.  But now they seem to be back to their old site.

The Fox move proved to be a complete fiasco.  What Fox considered an "upgrade" was a complete bug ridden, content-starved JOKE.   

« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »

The Fox move proved to be a complete fiasco.  What Fox considered an "upgrade" was a complete bug ridden, content-starved JOKE.
Went back to scout and will try a relaunch later unfortunately.

« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:19 PM »

Went back to scout and will try a relaunch later unfortunately.

+1000.  I did not even know how to navigate it.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:44:30 PM by fordham96 »

paultzman

« Reply #94 on: October 31, 2012, 05:41:57 PM »
“@DaveTelep: Jarell Martin tomorrow at 130. Press conference at Madison Prep. Betting on LSU. Okla St, A&M, Alabama, St. John's”

“@EvanDanielsFOX: Huge surprise with Jarell Martin. Was expected to be a spring decision.”

LSU will not be a surprise.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 05:44:09 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #95 on: October 31, 2012, 06:02:54 PM »
Do we get him???

Moose

Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #98 on: October 31, 2012, 07:07:30 PM »
Do we get him???

Without getting a visit I doubt it

« Reply #99 on: October 31, 2012, 07:09:02 PM »
so does this make the sec THE CONFERENCE.  they're already running away with football...by far.  now they are kicking some serious butt in basketball as well.  does anybody else see a disturbing trend here.