Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y. - FORDHAM

• 676 replies

Chilleb

Re: Jonathan Severe - SG - Christ the King HS - New York, N.Y.
« Reply #140 on: January 18, 2013, 04:48:33 AM »
Chilleb, why can't he get 40? Ha!

“@CNG_Staszewski: Christ the King beats Mount 77-56. Jon Severe had 39 for the Royals. #boyshoops”

Oops!

“@NYCHoops: Contrary to reports, George Washington still interested in Jon Severe as head coach watched him score 41pts vs. Mt. St. Michael tonight.”
I'm trying to tell them paultz, he's better than GW

The kid is taking about 30 shots a game and turns the ball over way too much. He plays like Russ Smith did at Molloy except Smith had far more basketball skills while Severe is just more athletic than everybody at the hs level. Hes not a big conference player
Ok.. We will see
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 04:48:58 AM by Chilleb »

« Reply #141 on: January 18, 2013, 11:22:42 AM »

“@CNG_Staszewski: Christ the King beats Mount 77-56. Jon Severe had 39 for the Royals. #boyshoops”

Oops!

“@NYCHoops: Contrary to reports, George Washington still interested in Jon Severe as head coach watched him score 41pts vs. Mt. St. Michael tonight.”

The kid is taking about 30 shots a game and turns the ball over way too much. He plays like Russ Smith did at Molloy except Smith had far more basketball skills while Severe is just more athletic than everybody at the hs level. Hes not a big conference player
Ok.. We will see

More athletic than russ smith? Smith is the quickest kid ive seen all year.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Moose

« Reply #142 on: January 18, 2013, 11:25:29 AM »

Oops!

Ok.. We will see

I don't think he meant more athletic than Smith.  More athletic than people he plays now I read it as.
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #143 on: January 18, 2013, 11:27:04 AM »

Oops!

Ok.. We will see

I don't think he meant more athletic than Smith.  More athletic than people he plays now I read it as.

Yea I think your right. Still when I saw him play I thought his skills stood out more than his athleticism.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »
“@NYPost_Brazille: Seton Hall will see Christ the King's Jon Severe @jsevere23 tonight, I'm told. The senior has become very popular.”

« Reply #145 on: January 18, 2013, 04:18:42 PM »
Queensfinest also will be in attendance. First time seeing Severe and want to see the two sophs from St. Rays.

Moose

« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2013, 04:21:18 PM »
Queensfinest also will be in attendance. First time seeing Severe and want to see the two sophs from St. Rays.

The two kids on St. Rays are a real treat supposedly.

Happy

« Reply #147 on: January 18, 2013, 10:32:19 PM »
Seton Hall with 2 coaches at the CTK - ST Rays game tonight to see Jon.. Also a certain ex St. John's and CTK grad talking to Jon before and after the game.. Could it be a prelude to us recruiting him??   Btw CTK won in overtime.

MCNPA

« Reply #148 on: January 18, 2013, 11:09:21 PM »
Seton Hall with 2 coaches at the CTK - ST Rays game tonight to see Jon.. Also a certain ex St. John's and CTK grad talking to Jon before and after the game.. Could it be a prelude to us recruiting him??   Btw CTK won in overtime.

Maybe as alternative to Rysheed should that not be going our way.  Not bad to have a local kid who can shoot.

LJSA

« Reply #149 on: January 18, 2013, 11:42:11 PM »
Also a certain ex St. John's and CTK grad talking to Jon before and after the game..

Good old Carl Beckett always looking out for us.  ;D

Happy

« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2013, 11:58:11 PM »
Also a certain ex St. John's and CTK grad talking to Jon before and after the game..

Good old Carl Beckett always looking out for us.  ;D

Not Carl.. Think much shorter :)

Chilleb

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:40 AM »
Boothe?

Moose

« Reply #152 on: January 19, 2013, 12:50:41 AM »
Boothe?

Thats what I would guess.

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2013, 02:55:18 AM »
@ctkcoachjarbs
Christ the King 94 St Raymonds 92 in overtime. Jon Severe 35 pts 5 assists, Jordan Fuchs 18 pts 8 reb, Malik Harmon 17 pts, 5 reb,7 assists

BTW, Arbs was one of my history teachers back in the day at King before he was HC. Good guy, funny guy. That's really all I can add.

Happy

« Reply #154 on: January 19, 2013, 05:12:50 AM »
Boothe?

Yes sir. 

« Reply #155 on: January 19, 2013, 09:08:25 AM »
You were there Happy? Man that game was wild!! CTK won in OT 94-92. Got there late (middle of 3rd), Severe is a reckless scorer. He actually missed every outside shot I saw him take (about 4) but you can tell he has a knack for finishing everything at the rim, definitely not just a shooter. Also missed a couple FT including one under two minutes that would have tied it but made up for it when he his drive and finish sent the game to OT.

Obviously a very small sample for me but not sure he's a great fit for us. Talented, but he doesn't even look like a combo to me, straight 2. Even though they lost, the star of the game to me was Jaquan McKennon from St. Rays. Kid has a chance to be really good

Moose

« Reply #156 on: January 19, 2013, 09:09:45 AM »
You were there Happy? Man that game was wild!! CTK won in OT 94-92. Got there late (middle of 3rd), Severe is a reckless scorer. He actually missed every outside shot I saw him take (about 4) but you can tell he has a knack for finishing everything at the rim, definitely not just a shooter. Also missed a couple FT including one under two minutes that would have tied it but made up for it when he his drive and finish sent the game to OT.

Obviously a very small sample for me but not sure he's a great fit for us. Talented, but he doesn't even look like a combo to me, straight 2. Even though they lost, the star of the game to me was Jaquan McKennon from St. Rays. Kid has a chance to be really good

Anything on Santos?

Happy

« Reply #157 on: January 19, 2013, 09:28:57 AM »

Anything on Santos?

Unfortunately I couldn't make it due to work but I literally got play by play by a buddy who said Santos had a off game which surprises me considering how dominant he was against Hayes .  He said similar things that Severe was chucking and Mckennon was tough. This kid is the next really good tough NYC guard.  Only drawback is he is pretty small.. But he plays like a pitbull on the court.  Ray's in a couple of years are going to be silly .  They are so young with the exception of Shawn Jones ( who every local mid major should be on ).   Friend told me Severe wouldn't stop talking to Malik before and after game.. Not sure if that means anything.. But I do agree with Queensfinest that he while good isn't what we need.

Chilleb

« Reply #158 on: January 19, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »
He obviously did what he had to do to win a tough game that went to OT, c'mon if he had to go 12-25 to win the game then I'm all for it, kid had 35 and 8 can we cut him some slack and look at the positive that he is very very talented. And McKennon is forreal, year after year queens lets the big fish get away.

sju89tr

« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2013, 10:07:24 AM »
Speaking of a Malik Boothe, I can totally see him being in line for a position on the staff in the future.