18-19 Season

• 256 replies

Pete88

Re: 18-19 Season
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 07:47:14 PM »
I have zero inside info. But why should we glean a random twitter post to mean he's definitively coming back? That could be about anything.

Heard he is returning for sure fwiw

That winning streak might actually save the program

Shame isn't it.  But hey, theres always next year for you to continue to root for it. 

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 10:58:11 PM »
I'm very intrigued by a potential Simon-Ponds-Clark-Owens-Keita lineup. Kind of reminds me Providence's lineup of Cartwright-Diallo-Lindsay-Bullock-Watson. We can finally play big. I love Owens as a stretch 4, and weak-side help defender, rather than him guarding the opposing teams best big-man 1 on 1 where he struggles and fouls a lot.

Obviously a lot can change, but then we would have Mikey Dixon, Trimble, and Greg Williams as three very capable reserve guards who can score. I think we would need another big man transfer, or recruit to pair with Josh Roberts on the bench. Another high quality wing would be great too because I don't think Diakite will contribute much next year. But I think we have a shot to be pretty good next year, and unlike this year have a good amount of depth.

No thanks. Start a real guard and bring one of the others (Keita) off the bench.

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
I'm very intrigued by a potential Simon-Ponds-Clark-Owens-Keita lineup. Kind of reminds me Providence's lineup of Cartwright-Diallo-Lindsay-Bullock-Watson. We can finally play big. I love Owens as a stretch 4, and weak-side help defender, rather than him guarding the opposing teams best big-man 1 on 1 where he struggles and fouls a lot.

Obviously a lot can change, but then we would have Mikey Dixon, Trimble, and Greg Williams as three very capable reserve guards who can score. I think we would need another big man transfer, or recruit to pair with Josh Roberts on the bench. Another high quality wing would be great too because I don't think Diakite will contribute much next year. But I think we have a shot to be pretty good next year, and unlike this year have a good amount of depth.

Simon/Ponds (if he returns) will be a top 5 backcourt in the country.
Owens/Keita could be our twintowers ala Ewing/Cartwright in the late 80s.
Clark is probably our best shooter so I like him on the wing, and he can take it to the hoops when he chooses to.
That's a very good starting 5.
Would love to see Matt get a Grad Transfer big, maybe Josh Cunningham?

Cunningham would have been a good get 4 years ago. A great get 3 years ago. And a fantastic get now. Havnt heard he is transferring.

http://georgiabasketballblog.com/possible-graduate-transfers-2018-19-hot-board/

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 12:02:37 AM »

Clark is probably our best shooter so I like him on the wing, and he can take it to the hoops when he chooses to.

Cunningham would have been a good get 4 years ago. A great get 3 years ago. And a fantastic get now. Havnt heard he is transferring.

I like his game, but where does he play with Simon and Clark? I really hope we don't try to force Simon at guard and Clark at the three. That is around a .500 team again. Now, Simon-Cunningham-Clark  at the 3-4-5 and you've got my attention.

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 06:13:29 AM »

I like his game, but where does he play with Simon and Clark? I really hope we don't try to force Simon at guard and Clark at the three. That is around a .500 team again. Now, Simon-Cunningham-Clark  at the 3-4-5 and you've got my attention.

He has gotten pretty big. Much more of a center tban Clark and Owens. Marillac is not turning away a guy who grabs 8+ boards and shoots over 65%!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Wods317

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2018, 05:20:56 PM »
I’m very curious to see what we can get from the new additions. Seems like Dixon, Keita and Williams will be able to contribute right away. Roberts might be more of a project but how about Dikate? Haven’t heard much of anything about him. Was listed as a 4 star on one site before his injury. Any chance he makes any impact with good size and athleticism?

paultzman

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2018, 05:30:46 PM »
I’m very curious to see what we can get from the new additions. Seems like Dixon, Keita and Williams will be able to contribute right away. Roberts might be more of a project but how about Dikate? Haven’t heard much of anything about him. Was listed as a 4 star on one site before his injury. Any chance he makes any impact with good size and athleticism?
Staff apparently not counting on it. Tough injury & relatively inactive in terms of playing serious hoops.

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2018, 02:14:28 AM »
It is a brutal injury but I mean he's what 18 years old? I'd hope he can make it back all the way

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 07:52:35 AM »
Don't like speculating on the social media activities of children but Shamorie posted two instagram stories at 2 am that he has big news to break today and that it will "turn heads." Could just be that he bought a new pair of underwear but based on our recent run of kicks to the nuts I would think it could be something very bad for our 18-19 chances.

« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 08:26:24 AM »
Just saw that too....going to be a positive fan here and maybe he is annoucinkmg he is going to stay and not test Draft waters but with our luck we know that's not going to happen

« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2018, 08:42:50 AM »
Testing draft should be welcomed. It’s the agent we need to be worried of.

« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2018, 09:19:26 AM »
Maybe he is moving to Canada

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2018, 10:36:46 AM »
Big east losing a ton going into next year.

Nova- lose at least 2 best players.
Xavier - lose 2 best players and a bunch more
Hall- 4 seniors gone
Creighton- 2 best players gone
Providence - 3 senior starters gone
Butler - lose best player
Marquette - lose rowsey imo their best player
DePaul- maric gone
Gtown- not sure but who cares!

Need to move way up the standings next year.

Marillac

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2018, 11:17:48 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

First place in play with a PG in any class and a grad transfer that can rebound a lot and score a bit. The door will open slightly for a year while the too of the league reloads and we have to run through it.

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2018, 11:25:26 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

You think Brunson is gone for sure?
Fire Mullin.

Marillac

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2018, 11:31:26 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

Brunson and Bridges are gone. Maybe Spellman too.

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2018, 11:40:43 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

Yea. First nova player to graduate in 3 years. Hopefully wins 2 titles.

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2018, 11:46:43 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

Attached are 3 NBA mock drafts, updated through this morning.
Brunson is not on any of them.

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nba-mock-draft-2018-projections-first-round-top-players-ncaa-tournament-march-28
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 11:47:28 AM by tominsimsbury »
Fire Mullin.

goredmen

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2018, 11:51:17 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/nba-mock-draft-2018-projections-first-round-top-players-ncaa-tournament-march-28

Another year in college won't improve his draft stock

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

Hall- 4 seniors gone
DePaul- maric gone

NBADraft.net has had him listed as a second round pick all year. I agree there is no way he's going to improve his stock. If he's a player of the year finalist this year and still projected second round, he'll never be higher. I see him leaving.

http://www.nbadraft.net/2018mock_draft