Big East Tournament Expansion....good or bad?

• 32 replies
Re: Big East Tournament Expansion....good or bad?
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2008, 08:37:42 PM »

Can't imagine a 9-16 seed running the table...but if they are including all the teams this is probably the best format.  Reward the regular season with byes.

of course you couldnt imagine it, since Georgia, just this year, tied for the worst record in the SEC and ran the table in that tournament to reach the NCAAs, but why would you be paying attention to basketball in March? ::)

Great logic used by one of the great basketball minds on junglejohnny! ::)

Georgia won 4 games in 4 days.  Not 5 games in 5 days which a 9-16 seed in the Bigeast would need to do.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2008, 08:43:23 PM »
of course you couldnt imagine it, since Georgia, just this year, tied for the worst record in the SEC and ran the table in that tournament to reach the NCAAs

Where they prompty got WAXED by Xavier. Even though they earned it, they really didnt belong there, and it showed really fast.

Thats what March is all about...There may have been better teams left out of the tournament but it was a great thing to watch Gaines willing his team to the dance.  They definitely earned it.

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2008, 09:39:48 PM »
Job well done with your post

Thanks. I appreciate that you recognize.

Sorry, but your little diatribe doesnt change the fact that UGA had no business being in the NCAA last year. I dont have the interest to look it up, but there had to be at least one team left out because a bottom feeding team from an average at best conf. won their conf tourny ( that would be UGA ). Yeah that makes sense to me.  ::) 

Listen, just because i slapped you around with some simple facts don't get upset or anything about it.  Now, back to reading comprehension 101, go back and re-read my post where i explained why UGA deserved to be in and the rules I put behind it.  Now if you wanted to argue that UGA didnt belong in, then you can also say that all the smaller schools that get auto bids didnt belong in, since a very high number of them were, as you so eloquently stated, "smacked" in the first round. In fact, by your twisted logic, all you are doing is asking to not invite every small school that earns an auto bid, since they will get "smacked."  I'm sure if we were using your scoring system, Belmont, a 15 seed, who took Duke to the final seconds, wouldn't have been invited, even though they were a big part of one of the best games in this year's tournament.

Now, I will say this as nicely as possible-- You are no were near as intelligent or as knowledgable of basketball as I am, so you ARE NOT to address me again in this forum, and you calling what I post "diatribe" after you have proven you have no idea what you're talking about in this thread, is, quite frankly, patently preposterous.

I hope you have an enchanting evening and you recover quickly from this smackdown I just put on you.

one last thing (and no you aren't allowed to reply to this), your "smack" was a 12 point game in a 3/14 game in which the 14 seed led at the half. 

I wonder what your definition of the SJU/Gtown game at the Garden was last year....LOL

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=284000040
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 09:46:04 PM by SportsFan »
This signature has been edited at the request of the Mighty Mods of the Jungle.

pmg911

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
This might have been the most devastating knock out I have seen on any board... 

Go Fly a FUN has delivered some good ones over on BEB but nothing like this....

« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2008, 11:54:54 AM »
Do you think this could help the Big East get more teams into the NIT?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2008, 12:08:52 PM »

Letting all the teams into the Big East Tournament..?

It might, but it might also keep a bubble team out of the Big Dance...

« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2008, 12:16:19 PM »

Letting all the teams into the Big East Tournament..?

It might, but it might also keep a bubble team out of the Big Dance...

Nice job outta you there PMG replying to Screech's post.
This signature has been edited at the request of the Mighty Mods of the Jungle.

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 12:16:56 PM »
I don't know that it helps...Teams teetering on the bubble of either tournament need to win games period.  But I don't think a 9 or 10 seed beating a 15 or 16 seed will have much affect on improving teams chances in getting in either tourney.

pmg911

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 01:15:01 PM »
I don't know that it helps...Teams teetering on the bubble of either tournament need to win games period.  But I don't think a 9 or 10 seed beating a 15 or 16 seed will have much affect on improving teams chances in getting in either tourney.

Totally disagree here

If a team in the Big East is looking at a 12 seed in the NCAA (meaning they are one of the last at large teams in) and they suffer what the NCAA might consider a "bad loss" (last season losing to SJU was a bad loss)..  that team on the bubble is toast...

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 01:27:54 PM »

Totally disagree here

If a team in the Big East is looking at a 12 seed in the NCAA (meaning they are one of the last at large teams in) and they suffer what the NCAA might consider a "bad loss" (last season losing to SJU was a bad loss)..  that team on the bubble is toast...

Not sure what you are disagreeing with...I think you are attacking the issue from another angle...obviously a loss in the first round to a bottom tier team will kill their chances.   My point is that a BE team that is sitting on the bubble will not be helped much by a first round win over South Florida.

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 02:49:04 PM »
Rumor has it that Norm asked for a raise since he will now be coaching later in the year than he is accustomed to and it will disrupt his family vacation to Disneyland.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 02:52:24 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 02:58:14 PM »
Rumor has it that Norm asked for a raise since he will now be coaching later in the year than he is accustomed to and it will disrupt his family vacation to Disneyland.

lol to think if we made it to March?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 03:02:28 PM »

lol to think if we made it to March?

March 1st Norm will be on the dumbo ride, eating a funnell cake diagraming plays for the 2009-2010 season