Post Game St. Francis NY @ St. John's

• 155 replies

Marillac

Re: Post Game St. Francis NY @ St. John's
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2008, 01:04:26 AM »
wait santa clause isn't real?

It sounds bad, but that six year old was ruthless. She called us all a rear of a donkeys and kept screaming "St. John's Sucks."  Her dad wasn't too happy to say the least.  He came over to confont us with some friends and then things got out of hand we we were all tossed--but not before rows of seats were knocked over and some people on the floor.  Good times :)

« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2008, 01:17:17 AM »
Got to love the garden. There is a video on youtube floating around from an all our brawl with students and the users at msg after Larry Wright hit the 3 against ND. We stormed the court and some guys got stopped. I can be seen pulling a nice R1 like move dodging the usher, and quickly grabbing my coat and high tailing it out of there when the scuffle broke out. I did my dancing and booked.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2008, 01:22:39 AM »
Ok I was being lazy but I have to post this....this was awesome one of my favorite games. The one kid that was being pushed around by the ushers is my friend and he is one of the nicest and most mellow kids ever. The usher put his hand around his neck and he flipped out. The other kid who got in trouble was my RA freshman year and he narked us all out for drinking in our room so I was very happy to see him getting in trouble. So many things going on in this video that are just awesome to me. All the background noise is classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRI4CjuBfY

Marillac

« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2008, 01:34:00 AM »
Ok I was being lazy but I have to post this....this was awesome one of my favorite games. The one kid that was being pushed around by the ushers is my friend and he is one of the nicest and most mellow kids ever. The usher put his hand around his neck and he flipped out. The other kid who got in trouble was my RA freshman year and he narked us all out for drinking in our room so I was very happy to see him getting in trouble. So many things going on in this video that are just awesome to me. All the background noise is classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GRI4CjuBfY

You poor bast'ards had nothing to celebrate in school, huh? :)  At least I had the tournament and the NIT and Omar's year.

« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2008, 01:51:42 AM »
Yea we had NOTHING. I didn't see the BET till my senior year only to get one and done spanked by Marquette.

« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2008, 02:24:08 AM »
ok for everyone speculating about the whole situation heres wat actually happened....

before the game a code of conduct which was bs was given to us in the student section. through the game we started heckling st francis' coach...bill (sleeveless guy)  the biggest guy in the crowd so picked out as the face of the student section was taken aside and told to stop heckling there coach.....this wasn't a huge deal we've always been told to stop, but the school needs to know that its bull, so we decided to sit and give father maher wat he wanted and sit and watch the second half without any distractions or disruptions to the players....he wants a quite family game, tell kids to stop coming dont complain that we dont come

its all handled, the coaches were spoken to, athletics was spoken too, and by next game it'll be done.

gonzalo

« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2008, 03:21:44 AM »
the student body has been criticized all to often for sitting on their hands during games...unlike other schools where the kids go nuts.

someone should tell maher and the rent a cops this isn't tennis or golf.  these people are cancers.

jeez...if it's not one thing screwing up the program, it's another.

Well said.

« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »
There were a lot of flashes of very good signs but way too many lapses. Hopefully the boys learn and learn quick of what it means to play 40 minutes of basketball.

Positives

-Burrell, Evans, Coker all did well passing to each other in the post

-Kennedy drove the ball to the hoop and finished strong but he also showed poise to pull up for the midrange J

-Paris Horne and Quincy Roberts play some great defense.

-Malik Booth definitely has improved him jumpshot

-Tyshwan looks slight more comfortable running in the offense

-If Rob Thomas gets the ball in the paint, Rob Thomas gets two points

-Justin Burrell is playing above the rim(he missed the one dunk o well but I'm glad he is realizing he can get up over people)

-Dele Coker didn't foul anyone!

-we adjusted our offense and moved the ball well against the zone first half

-we made our free throws down the stretch

Negatives

-We didn't play well as a team 2nd half

-We committed 20+ turnovers against a bad team

-We rebounded horribly as a team again

-Sean Evans loses sight of his man off the ball too much

-Tyshwan is still a step slow on defense gets blown by off the dribble every time(he needs to keep his feet moving not be flat footed)

-Malik had more turnover than assists(6:5)

-only had 11 points from the bench

-Malik Boothe, Paris Horne, and DJ Kennedy out rebounded the rest of the team

-we got out hustled completely 2nd half

Did I miss anything?

Poison

« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2008, 03:59:26 PM »
Sleeveless guy isn't "Not the Sleeveless Guy" in the forum. I'm not sure though but public safety likes to toss their weight around too much. You can get in trouble for saying "sucks"

Since you brought it up first, I am not pleased when the student section screams out “SUCKS” during player and coaches’ intros. I am a season ticket holder at Hofstra too, and I find it to be very lacking in taste.

I would prefer to see the students turn their back on them and totally ignore them.

Of course this is just one old man’s opinion.

Let's go RED STORM!

what do you think they do at other big east schools?
sju has the weakest student section in the nation.

I'm not opposed to anything they would do. Anything.
we all know nova, uconn and seton hall aren't treating our guys well.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 04:00:27 PM by Poison »

« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2008, 08:41:33 PM »
...and I only got booted once from MSG during the BET for telling a six year girl ND fan that there was no such thing as Santa.  

Wow, have you no shame at all?   LOL

« Reply #150 on: December 02, 2008, 08:48:32 PM »

OK, while I have not been to every arena in the Big East, I have been to UConn, Cincy, WVA, Cuse, LVille, and about ten Big Ten and ACC schools.
None of whose student sections scream SUCKS as a whole during player introductions.
My nephew at Duke reports that Coach K meets with the underclassmen and the grad students separately to discuss this very topic.

« Reply #151 on: December 02, 2008, 09:30:42 PM »
Im watching the Duke/Purdue game, what a great environment. The game is at Purdue, the place is going nuts on every posession. This is why I love College basketball-if youre a high school All American, how could you turn down going to schools like this?. St Johns has Madison Square Garden, but I'd rather go play my home games at one of these campus arenas with your fellow students going nuts

« Reply #152 on: December 02, 2008, 09:34:48 PM »
I'd rather go play my home games at one of these campus arenas with your fellow students going nuts

I thought you rather go to Iona and make snide remarks about SJU all the time except for the lovely Normie.

« Reply #153 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:12 PM »
I'd rather go play my home games at one of these campus arenas with your fellow students going nuts

I thought you rather go to Iona and make snide remarks about SJU all the time except for the lovely Normie.

Actually I'd rather go dancing at Club Abyss with my tight shirt wearing friends

Marillac

« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2008, 09:40:49 PM »

OK, while I have not been to every arena in the Big East, I have been to UConn, Cincy, WVA, Cuse, LVille, and about ten Big Ten and ACC schools.
None of whose student sections scream SUCKS as a whole during player introductions.
My nephew at Duke reports that Coach K meets with the underclassmen and the grad students separately to discuss this very topic.

The Duke fans are worse than almost all fans in the country.  They say some ridiculous stuff.   Only Providence is worse IMO.

Marillac

« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2008, 09:43:06 PM »
...and I only got booted once from MSG during the BET for telling a six year girl ND fan that there was no such thing as Santa.  

Wow, have you no shame at all?   LOL

In college, not so much.  I was a pretty damn good hecklahhh.  I was overshadowed by my frat brother that was they best I ever heard.