13-19 & 4-14 best case?

• 40 replies

sjd8886

Re: 13-19 & 4-14 best case?
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2009, 04:34:59 PM »
why do you hate Norm so much? He is going to bring this program back.
Once Boothe is back watch how much better this team becomes.  Next year this team has a chance to finish in the top half of the leauge.

ok, at this point we should stress the importance of not posting after using mind altering drugs

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2009, 05:12:16 PM »
at least you have a sense of good humor

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »
rutgers, south flordia, depaul...those are the only 3 i see us getting the rest of the year, with a loss in the first round of the big east tourny...anyone think different?

http://kenpom.com/team.php?team=St.%20John's

Ken Pomeroy projecs this to be a 14 win team, wih home wins coming against SH and USF. He's projecting our worst defeat left to come in our next game against WV.

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2009, 06:34:54 PM »
In the best conference in basketball that has eight teams ranked i think that is a great season

The ACC is the best confernce in basketball.

HAHAHAHAHAHA are you kidding me ... there is absolutely no question that the Big East is the best conference... r u kidding me seriously dude... the ACC ...

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2009, 06:44:44 PM »
In the best conference in basketball that has eight teams ranked i think that is a great season

HAHAHAHAHAHA are you kidding me ... there is absolutely no question that the Big East is the best conference... r u kidding me seriously dude... the ACC ...

Argument could be made.  While obviously BE has more great, top 30 teams (8 to 5 per latest RPI), conference also has more teams outside the top 100 (5 to 3, also per RPI).   Obviously if you rank their conference against the top 12 BE teams the BE blows them away but the bottom four drag down the conference RPI.  Only G Tech, UVA and NC State would be scrubs in the BE. 

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

WOW are you serious?

Duke is #1 right now.  UNC is the OVERWHELMING Vegas favorite to win it all--even more likely than adding up the top four Big East teams.  UNC is only +225 and they began conference play 0-2!

An ND loss tonight and they are out of tournament contention IMO. 

I hate the ACC and I love the Big East as much as anyone, but look at the bottom of our conference!  It is disgusting.  Certainly an argument can me made and either way it is close.  If you don't thin it is close than it is not even worth discussing with you.

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2009, 08:00:53 PM »
One could argue that the ACC is a better quality conference. At the end of the season they may have a higher percentage of their conference in the tourney than the Big East.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 08:04:23 PM »

Hmm... im going to agree with MCD Red Storm... now... the Big East has 8 ranked teams, the ACC has 4... Marillac since ur a genius and no absolutely everything u SHOULD realize that 8 actually happens to be double 4... anyway when u say conference i think that means the entire conference... not just the top 3 or 4 teams... a conference is defined by its depth and their is plenty of depth in the big east... ... uhm... i guess its kinda a close arguement but ... i dont think there is much arguement BIG EAST all the way :P...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 08:06:28 PM by BlazinRedStorm »

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 08:31:20 PM »
If you are going to sarcastically call somebody a genius, please at least spell "know" correctly.  Also, it is "argument," ok?

Secondly, there are only seven ranked Big East teams and, G'town is #25 and, IMO, undeserving of a rank at 12-6, 3-4. 

I actually agree with you that a conference should be measured by all of its members and not just the top and bottom teams.  That is why I believe the ACC is better.  Miami, Va Tech, FSU, and BC could all be ranked at this point.  In fact, Va Tech and Miami definately should be ranked.

In the pomeroy rankings, the ACC is #1 and the Big East is #3.  Also in the RPI, the ACC is #1 and the Big East is #3.

Still so silly?  I must know something about basketball, because I paid my way through Columbia in cash off of sports betting. 

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2009, 10:18:10 PM »
If you are going to sarcastically call somebody a genius, please at least spell "know" correctly.  Also, it is "argument," ok?

Secondly, there are only seven ranked Big East teams and, G'town is #25 and, IMO, undeserving of a rank at 12-6, 3-4. 

I actually agree with you that a conference should be measured by all of its members and not just the top and bottom teams.  That is why I believe the ACC is better.  Miami, Va Tech, FSU, and BC could all be ranked at this point.  In fact, Va Tech and Miami definately should be ranked.

In the pomeroy rankings, the ACC is #1 and the Big East is #3.  Also in the RPI, the ACC is #1 and the Big East is #3.

Still so silly?  I must know something about basketball, because I paid my way through Columbia in cash off of sports betting.

now i do believe that i called u the genius... hmm yep yep ... thats right i called YOU the genius ... now i never said i was an english major... not i... and c'mon now... seriously miami should be ranked with a 14-5 (3-3) ... eh ... i'm not so sure that cuts it right now... and BC hahaha they lost to harvard u cant b top 25 material and loss to that kinda team (i dont care if u even beat the #1 team... thats just unexcusable)... i will however agree with u that FSU and Va tech r deserving of a top 25 spot.
AND CONGRATULATIONS, YOU WERE TOO LAZY TO GET A REAL JOB SO U GAMBLED UR WAY THRU COLLEGE AND GOT LUCKY... BUT IMPRESSIVE.

P.S.: thx for correcting some of my mistakes... i'll be sure to brush up on them in the future, actually look at all these mistakes... get to steppin on fixing them thx ... you spelled thx wrong it's actually suppose to be "Thanks" ... hmm i didn't know that ... thank you for the correction
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 10:21:07 PM by BlazinRedStorm »

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2009, 10:30:02 PM »
All right i will be the one who puts this straight

In order of conference strength it goes

1. Big East
2. ACC
3. Big Tenn
4. Big 12
5. Pac 10
6. Altantic 10
7. SEC

You CAN make the argument that the ACC is better then the Big East...But all you are doing is arguing, you can't be blind to the facts that point to the Big East with 7-8 ranked teams compared to the ACC's 4 ranked teams.  The ACC is top heavey, if you but the top 10 teams against each other from both conferences the Big East would go 6-4, or 7-3.

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2009, 10:33:10 PM »
FWIW ACC shill Jay Bilas tonight said the Big East is the stronger conference and in his own words "it's not really close". 

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2009, 10:39:48 PM »
If you really want to argue ACC vs Big East then do power rankings 1-28.

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2009, 10:41:54 PM »
FWIW ACC shill Jay Bilas tonight said the Big East is the stronger conference and in his own words "it's not really close".

Vitale said the same

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2009, 11:04:51 PM »
Don't take him too serious man, Marillac is just trying to get someone, ANYONE to listen to him lately.

Since their potential get-the-coach-fired website at www.firenorm.com got OWNED, the haters are all fuched up!!!

:)

Marillac

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2009, 11:17:57 PM »
Don't take him too serious man, Marillac is just trying to get someone, ANYONE to listen to him lately.

Since their potential get-the-coach-fired website at www.firenorm.com got OWNED, the haters are all fuched up!!!

The site is actually www.firenormnow.com

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2009, 11:40:20 PM »
You guys all have way too much time on your hands to be making up st. john's basketball websites  ::) ::) ::)

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2009, 11:46:29 PM »
You guys all have way too much time on your hands to be making up st. john's basketball websites  ::) ::) ::)

I didn't make either of them.  Danman made one and I think RSHF made the other.

Tha Kid

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2009, 06:44:21 AM »

An ND loss tonight and they are out of tournament contention IMO. 

What kind of crack are you smoking, marillac?  Out of contention with 10 Big East games left, an OOC game against UCLA, and the Big East tournament?  I hope you meant "will not win enough to make it" because out of contention at this point for a team that is still ranked by the polls, who is 12-7 with 2 wins over ranked opponents, and whose last 4 losses in a row ALL came to ranked opponents, DEFINITELY still can make the NCAA.  Their schedule is BRUTAL, and they may not win enough to make it, but to say they are "out of contention" now is simply absurd.  What if they beat Cincy and 2 out of UCLA, Louisville, and Pitt?  Getting them to 15-8 with now 4 wins over ranked opponents?  See how quickly ND could be back?
"I drink and I know things"

Tha Kid

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2009, 06:46:02 AM »

hahahhahaha!  I have to say RSHF, I think what you did was absolutely hilarious - and I'm in support of Norm being fired.  Nice job.
"I drink and I know things"