Edison is gone.

Rise Academy too? ;)

Graduated?

Eligibilty expired.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Moose

Re: 2011/2012 Roster only 10 players
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2011, 04:40:50 PM »
Is there any word on kids who are attempting to walk on or is the staff looking at more jc guys for current season? :'(

The staff has got to be looking to add some size before the season starts. We're dead without it.

HOw can they add anyone who is not at St Johns already? School started a month ago no?

They can only add for December 21st.
Remember who broke the Slice news

Poison

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2011, 05:32:59 PM »
Is there any word on kids who are attempting to walk on or is the staff looking at more jc guys for current season? :'(

The staff has got to be looking to add some size before the season starts. We're dead without it.

HOw can they add anyone who is not at St Johns already? School started a month ago no?

That's not really my problem, but I'm expecting there to be some way for a kid to transfer in by December.
Didn't Mike Mennefield do that?

ras

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
We really could use Garrett in Dec, hes our most likely out of the 3. Hopefully he"ll get the job done. The one positive is , this years players are going to grow up fast.

LJSA

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2011, 09:08:02 PM »

That's not really my problem, but I'm expecting there to be some way for a kid to transfer in by December.

He did it because he didn't graduate juco in time, and had to take classes at Nassau C.C. to get his AA.

I guess the key is identifying ones who are good enough to eat a scholarship, but didn't finish and are currently enrolled to do so. Seems like a tough demographic to isolate.

Honestly, if the staff had known a month or two earlier, we may have been able to piece together something wacky, like three talented rising seniors from D-2 or NAIA who would have been eligible right away.

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2011, 10:17:42 PM »

He did it because he didn't graduate juco in time, and had to take classes at Nassau C.C. to get his AA.

I guess the key is identifying ones who are good enough to eat a scholarship, but didn't finish and are currently enrolled to do so. Seems like a tough demographic to isolate.

Honestly, if the staff had known a month or two earlier, we may have been able to piece together something wacky, like three talented rising seniors from D-2 or NAIA who would have been eligible right away.

I think you have to still sit out a year coming from D2?

LJSA

« Reply #86 on: September 25, 2011, 01:21:25 AM »

I think you have to still sit out a year coming from D2?

You never used to, but then again the last instance I remember is a D-2 point guard who transferred to Nebraska without sitting, and that may have been more than 10 years ago, and quite possibly 15.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 01:24:41 AM by LJSA »