Next year's starting backcourt

• 91 replies
Next year's starting backcourt
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:59:22 AM »
I obviously would like to have Greene come off the bench but I predict Branch is the third guard.

Re: Next year's starting backcourt
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »
I obviously would like to have Greene come off the bench but I predict Branch is the third guard.
Jordan and Harrison

Poison

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
To begin the season, they might go with Branch and Greene, but if we have two players that are flat out better, shouldn't they start instead?

Your poll excludes Harrison. As far as we know right now, he's returning.

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 10:02:35 AM »
Jordan is considering Baylor?

mkras99

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2013, 10:03:33 AM »
Branch and Harrison.

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2013, 10:03:58 AM »
I didn't think Harrison was returning even if we didn't get Jordan. If Jordan comes 100% he is not coming back IMO!

mkras99

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2013, 10:05:47 AM »
I didn't think Harrison was returning even if we didn't get Jordan. If Jordan comes 100% he is not coming back IMO!

You've been wrong before (once or twice I imagine) and hopefully will be wrong again.

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2013, 10:07:28 AM »
Branch and Jordan

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 10:08:46 AM »
I said was my opinion and based on no inside information. But I would be shocked if he returned. I would bet Jordan has some sort of guarantee that he is starting.

TheVig

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 10:12:46 AM »
I said was my opinion and based on no inside information. But I would be shocked if he returned. I would bet Jordan has some sort of guarantee that he is starting.
Why do you insist on flaunting this nonsense? All indications point to him coming back as of now... Give it up

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 10:15:54 AM »
What indications do you speak of?

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 10:17:46 AM »
I hope he does come back as I am a Harrison fan unlike the numerous numbskulls who have criticized him for the past 2 years. There is obviously a problem though and IMO he won't be back.

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:05 AM »
isn't it at least plausible that not only does harrison come back, but that people would vote for harrison + someone else in the starting backcourt? 

this poll / thread should be amended to correct for this or deleted altogether.  no need for this

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 10:22:40 AM »
  I think Jordan coming here means Harrison won't be back.. Too much baggage has accumulated. I think , to his credit, DLO, finishes his academic semester and takes a tranfer back to Texas somewhere, Baylor?

Pure speculation on my part but, I think Harrison is gone.

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 10:26:42 AM »
isn't it at least plausible that not only does harrison come back, but that people would vote for harrison + someone else in the starting backcourt? 

this poll / thread should be amended to correct for this or deleted altogether.  no need for this

I also didn't include Big Foot, The Easter Bunny and Keyser Soze. Three other guys who won't be playing for us next year. It is nice to see people hoping Harrison comes back which is a change from when he was suspended ;)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:28:27 AM by we are sju »

TheVig

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:44 AM »
What indications do you speak of?
There haven't been many but the few small things that have been made public have all been positive. He's in class, grandma met with Lav, I believe zagoria indicated and also believe Robbins wrote a favorable article. Nothing to say he won't be back so idk why anyone would continuously post they don't think he's coming back. If that's your opinion, fine, but IMO nonsensical if all public info says otherwise.

DFF6

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 10:28:59 AM »
I hope he does come back as I am a Harrison fan unlike the numerous numbskulls who have criticized him for the past 2 years. There is obviously a problem though and IMO he won't be back.

I share wasju's opinion on this.  We all know Harrison said he wanted to come back right after he was suspended, as did his grandmother FWIW.  But Lavin was not unconditional in wanting Harrison back.  With time and people whispering in his ear, it is not unreasonable for Harrison's resentment over the whole debacle to fester until he decides he's better off someplace else.  Again, I think that would suck for us because Harrison is our best scoring option.

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 10:31:25 AM »
In addition to any bitterness Harrison may feel, I am not sure Lavin is totally sold on having him back. Now if Jordan comes.........

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:29 AM »

I share wasju's opinion on this.  We all know Harrison said he wanted to come back right after he was suspended, as did his grandmother FWIW.  But Lavin was not unconditional in wanting Harrison back.  With time and people whispering in his ear, it is not unreasonable for Harrison's resentment over the whole debacle to fester until he decides he's better off someplace else.  Again, I think that would suck for us because Harrison is our best scoring option.

i actually agree that there is merit to the argument that harrison could leave.  but we can agree that, for purposes of this poll, harrison should be included as an option, right?

IMO including lipscomb and completely ignoring harrison is unnecessary pot-stirring.  injecting repeated, unfounded suggestions that dlo is transferring to baylor is irresponsible even though it is conceivable that he might want out or that lavin might not want him back. 

DFF6

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2013, 10:37:49 AM »
In addition to any bitterness Harrison may feel, I am not sure Lavin is totally sold on having him back. Now if Jordan comes.........

Lavin is not totally sold on having Harrison back. He said so himself when he said Harrison had to earn his way back onto the team.  IMO, the question is: if Harrison refuses to change his ways (at least in Lavin's determination), why are we all expecting Lavin to just change his position and let Harrison back on the team?