Tuesday

• 71 replies
Re: Tuesday
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 08:20:04 PM »

TONYD3

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 08:33:04 PM »
Really would love to kow what the new president of the school thinks of all this?
I am sure he is as mad as u. He Might not even know . Game was sold out Saturday . We were ranked 15th in the country. I think that most of you guys are crazy. I think the president is very happy with the program. It's not his job to recruit players , I doubt he spending one second considering that we may need a whole new team next year.
Tony I'm confused. Help me out here. A lot of posters overlap in my mind and I often get posters confused. But I seemed to remember you posting in a much different style I guess you can say. Spot checking last March you posted 'I hope lavin gets the extension . But he has to earn it. He hasn't yet . He has a chance, a good chance ' What has he done since March to earn that extension because I'm pretty sure you have been waving the extension flag. If Lavin ran over and killed a dog and explained it to the press I also think you would buy his reasoning.
I was more mad then any of you after 0-5. I think he did a very good job after that. Unlike just about anyone else I think we had a good season last year. Not great but not awful either. After that horrific start we were one of the best teams in the country (at least top 15-20).
I also like Lavin because he thinks he can win here. He isn't the best game coach, but he will bring in players that are just better then most in the conference. That is what I think (dont want to debate this again).
The biggest by far reason I want an extention because I don't want to suck. If he earns it, we had a good season. Good season will lead to players.
Honestly I don't care who the coach is. Just want to win. I am also afraid of him not getting an extention. Bad season equals no players, equals no other coach wanting to come here. If you were an up and coming coach would you come to a team with no players?
I think some of you forgot here you went to school. Union turnpike VS Ohio State or Kansas. If you were a player and big schools were after you, would any of you even consider St. Johns. I wouldn't. Under ALL the circumstances I think he is recuting very well. We have plenty of talent.
Like I have said, I hope I am right, if not I think we are in Rutgers kind of trouble.
AS far as earning it. We were 15th in the country that is pretty good. Still 24th and hopefully going higher
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 08:43:38 PM by TONYD3 »

Moose

« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:19 PM »
Really would love to kow what the new president of the school thinks of all this?
I am sure he is as mad as u. He Might not even know . Game was sold out Saturday . We were ranked 15th in the country. I think that most of you guys are crazy. I think the president is very happy with the program. It's not his job to recruit players , I doubt he spending one second considering that we may need a whole new team next year.
Tony I'm confused. Help me out here. A lot of posters overlap in my mind and I often get posters confused. But I seemed to remember you posting in a much different style I guess you can say. Spot checking last March you posted 'I hope lavin gets the extension . But he has to earn it. He hasn't yet . He has a chance, a good chance ' What has he done since March to earn that extension because I'm pretty sure you have been waving the extension flag. If Lavin ran over and killed a dog and explained it to the press I also think you would buy his reasoning.
I was more mad then any of you after 0-5. I think he did a very good job after that. Unlike just about anyone else I think we had a good season last year. Not great but not awful either. After that horrific start we were one of the best teams in the country (at least top 15-20). I also like Lavin because he thinks he can win here. He isn't the best game coach, but he will bring in players that are just better then most in the conference. That is what I think (dont want to debate this again). The biggest by far reason I want an extention because I don't want to suck. If he earns it, we had a good season. Good season will lead to players. Honestly I don't care who the coach is. Just want to win. I am also afraid of him not getting an extention. Bad season equals no players, equals no other coach wanting to come here. If you were an up and coming coach would you come to a team with no players? I think some of you forgot here you went to school. Union turnpike VS Ohio State or Kansas. If you were a player and big schools were after you, would any of you even consider St. Johns. I wouldn't. Under ALL the circumstances I think he is recuting very well. We have plenty of talent. Like I have said, I hope I am right, if not I think we are in Rutgers kind of trouble. AS far as earning it. We were 15th in the country that is pretty good. Still 24th and hopefully going higher

I don't want to hijack the thread but its a pretty generic thread anyway since there will be a Game Thread anyway but two things-

1. Lavin came in after 7 yrs in a TV booth and got a Top 3 class.  Why?  A lot had to do with immediate playing time, NYC, Big East etc.  If a new coach came in here after this year he would have pretty much the same.  Immediate playing time. NY & MSG, a BE shaping up to have 5 plus bids.  So I don't think our situation would turn away a coach.  People want to be a HC.  People want to be a HC at a bigger level.
2. We have plenty of talent you said?  Where exactly?  I saw 5 people score on Saturday.  I see no bench.  And that bench will be the players we see next year.

Other than that thanks for clarifying a bit.
Remember who broke the Slice news

isham

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2015, 08:57:28 PM »
I hope he starts so this guy Baldi sticks to his promise and disappears.

« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2015, 09:01:11 PM »
I won't be welcomed back?

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2015, 09:08:49 PM »
I was more mad then any of you after 0-5. I think he did a very good job after that. Unlike just about anyone else I think we had a good season last year. Not great but not awful either. After that horrific start we were one of the best teams in the country (at least top 15-20). I also like Lavin because he thinks he can win here. He isn't the best game coach, but he will bring in players that are just better then most in the conference. That is what I think (dont want to debate this again). The biggest by far reason I want an extention because I don't want to suck. If he earns it, we had a good season. Good season will lead to players. Honestly I don't care who the coach is. Just want to win. I am also afraid of him not getting an extention. Bad season equals no players, equals no other coach wanting to come here. If you were an up and coming coach would you come to a team with no players? I think some of you forgot here you went to school. Union turnpike VS Ohio State or Kansas. If you were a player and big schools were after you, would any of you even consider St. Johns. I wouldn't. Under ALL the circumstances I think he is recuting very well. We have plenty of talent. Like I have said, I hope I am right, if not I think we are in Rutgers kind of trouble. AS far as earning it. We were 15th in the country that is pretty good. Still 24th and hopefully going higher
I don't want to hijack the thread but its a pretty generic thread anyway since there will be a Game Thread anyway but two things- 1. Lavin came in after 7 yrs in a TV booth and got a Top 3 class. Why? A lot had to do with immediate playing time, NYC, Big East etc. If a new coach came in here after this year he would have pretty much the same. Immediate playing time. NY & MSG, a BE shaping up to have 5 plus bids. So I don't think our situation would turn away a coach. People want to be a HC. People want to be a HC at a bigger level. 2. We have plenty of talent you said? Where exactly? I saw 5 people score on Saturday. I see no bench. And that bench will be the players we see next year. Other than that thanks for clarifying a bit.
Team looked plenty talented in our 11 wins and 1st loss. I think (hope) they look talented tomorrow. 

Moose

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2015, 09:17:45 PM »
I don't want to hijack the thread but its a pretty generic thread anyway since there will be a Game Thread anyway but two things- 1. Lavin came in after 7 yrs in a TV booth and got a Top 3 class. Why? A lot had to do with immediate playing time, NYC, Big East etc. If a new coach came in here after this year he would have pretty much the same. Immediate playing time. NY & MSG, a BE shaping up to have 5 plus bids. So I don't think our situation would turn away a coach. People want to be a HC. People want to be a HC at a bigger level. 2. We have plenty of talent you said? Where exactly? I saw 5 people score on Saturday. I see no bench. And that bench will be the players we see next year. Other than that thanks for clarifying a bit.
Team looked plenty talented in our 11 wins and 1st loss. I think (hope) they look talented tomorrow.

Your right.  I can't wait for Harrison and Dom and Phil next year with another year of seasoning under their belt.

boo3

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2015, 09:26:33 PM »
I can't blame the fan that doesn't give a hoot about recruiting and next year. 
This team has been good and fun this season, sans last two games.   
15 years of crap.  Can't blame you one iota for not being concerned with next year.  

Moose

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2015, 09:30:50 PM »
I can't blame the fan that doesn't give a hoot about recruiting and next year. This team has been good and fun this season, sans last two games. 15 years of crap. Can't blame you one iota for not being concerned with next year.

Can I be concerned about next year?  Since college sports are linked year to year more than any other sport and all.  Because I'm beginning to feel like I've committed a crime because I dare mention next year.  I keep hearing the enjoy this year routine.  If we can only talk about this year I'll go enjoy the season and come back in March.

Poison

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2015, 09:35:38 PM »
I can't blame the fan that doesn't give a hoot about recruiting and next year. This team has been good and fun this season, sans last two games. 15 years of crap. Can't blame you one iota for not being concerned with next year.
Can I be concerned about next year? Since college sports are linked year to year more than any other sport and all. Because I'm beginning to feel like I've committed a crime because I dare mention next year. I keep hearing the enjoy this year routine. If we can only talk about this year I'll go enjoy the season and come back in March.
What kid is going to commit to a program where the coaching is a sitting duck? His best bet to keep playing well, and wait. Get his extension and then he'll have a much better chance to sign talent. How many kids did Norm land once it was clear he was done? Who would get players in this circumstance?

boo3

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2015, 09:38:41 PM »
Can I be concerned about next year? Since college sports are linked year to year more than any other sport and all. Because I'm beginning to feel like I've committed a crime because I dare mention next year. I keep hearing the enjoy this year routine. If we can only talk about this year I'll go enjoy the season and come back in March.

Ugh, yeah, sure.   Worry away.  Just saying I understand why some don't.  

Moose

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2015, 09:38:56 PM »
What kid is going to commit to a program where the coaching is a sitting duck? His best bet to keep playing well, and wait. Get his extension and then he'll have a much better chance to sign talent. How many kids did Norm land once it was clear he was done? Who would get players in this circumstance?

Don't disagree there at all.  He is caught between rock and a hard place.  Kids aren't verballing for coach with only 1 year on contract.
As for Norm we got Ron Roberts early right?  We didn't have many ships though so can't remember if we had other targets.

Moose

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »
Ugh, yeah, sure. Worry away. Just saying I understand why some don't.

I can too.  But this is a place to converse with other fans who share similar interests.  So its this year, next year, 25 years ago or 5 years down the line, lets talk about it.  No?

boo3

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2015, 09:41:30 PM »
 I would worry in the " next year" thread though.  Not the " Tuesday" one.. :)
I know the mods don't like to get off topic.    Oh wait 

Moose

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2015, 09:47:40 PM »
I would worry in the " next year" thread though. Not the " Tuesday" one.. :) I know the mods don't like to get off topic. Oh wait

You're right Boo.  I was the first one who took this thread off topic............
Hey when you called a certain player a jerk off in a recent thread was that for real or in jest?

boo3

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2015, 10:03:33 PM »
You make the call.  

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2015, 10:07:46 PM »
@Moose I feel bad for you man. I wish you could enjoy games a little bit more without worrying as much about next year. 
I realize it's a concern but there is a lot of talent left on the board. I still feel good about Brandon Sampson and I think if the staff can get him along with someone like KJ Walton (so under recruited) that would be a very dynamic backcourt. Tyler Dorsey is another guy who might slip through the cracks but I'd only go after him if I miss Sampson. Kobe Eubanks is a guy I'd take a chance on if I get some commits first. 
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

paultzman

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »
@Moose I feel bad for you man. I wish you could enjoy games a little bit more without worrying as much about next year. I realize it's a concern but there is a lot of talent left on the board. I still feel good about Brandon Sampson and I think if the staff can get him along with someone like KJ Walton (so under recruited) that would be a very dynamic backcourt. Tyler Dorsey is another guy who might slip through the cracks but I'd only go after him if I miss Sampson. Kobe Eubanks is a guy I'd take a chance on if I get some commits first.
From today;
@kobeeubanks: Here is my list of schools Georgia Oregon UConn Missouri Providence Louisville Kansas South Florida… http://t.co/IQN8TsXEB3

Moose

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2015, 10:22:44 PM »
@Moose I feel bad for you man. I wish you could enjoy games a little bit more without worrying as much about next year. I realize it's a concern but there is a lot of talent left on the board. I still feel good about Brandon Sampson and I think if the staff can get him along with someone like KJ Walton (so under recruited) that would be a very dynamic backcourt. Tyler Dorsey is another guy who might slip through the cracks but I'd only go after him if I miss Sampson. Kobe Eubanks is a guy I'd take a chance on if I get some commits first.

How many times do I have to say I'm enjoying this year?  I'd be curious if anyone gets angrier when we lose.  But I will stop posting about next year.  I'll pretend the rapture is coming and this year is the last year for college hoops.  And then after the season I will just celebrate another year and start from scratch again :)

*I'd love Kobe too but one of his handlers or coaches once replied to my tweet saying that he's not big on SJU after I asked if the OSNA connections would be strong enough.

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2015, 10:48:38 PM »
I won't be welcomed back?

I'll try to keep the Cluess/Iona thread going for you buddy.