Marcus Lovett hopeful to get cleared

• 473 replies

MCNPA

Re: Marcus Lovett hopeful to get cleared
« Reply #460 on: April 09, 2016, 03:39:29 PM »
Last season.  But kid put up big numbers in Chicago league.  You don't think he got even better practicing with SJU for year?  I wasn't giving you an update, just excited to see him play.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 03:45:03 PM by MCNPA »

« Reply #461 on: April 09, 2016, 03:42:26 PM »
I have heard same about Lovett from insiders. Very talented player but I hesitate to anoint until proven on the court against real teams. As of right now if that is considered Yakwe is best player we have. He needs refining of course but what I saw in flashes is NBA talent.  A strong sophomore year from him could put him in that direction. If Karr can do it, I think Yakwe can too

« Reply #462 on: April 09, 2016, 04:29:35 PM »
I have heard same about Lovett from insiders. Very talented player but I hesitate to anoint until proven on the court against real teams. As of right now if that is considered Yakwe is best player we have. He needs refining of course but what I saw in flashes is NBA talent.  A strong sophomore year from him could put him in that direction. If Karr can do it, I think Yakwe can too
Karr had year of prep and Yakwe reclassified and graduated early. Hope he stays more than the 2 years karr did.

« Reply #463 on: April 09, 2016, 07:45:52 PM »

Karr had year of prep and Yakwe reclassified and graduated early. Hope he stays more than the 2 years karr did.
Ideally we would hope he does, but just saying do not be surprised if he breaks out and is our best player next year.

« Reply #464 on: April 09, 2016, 09:32:41 PM »
Is Mussini guarding him in practice?
Good question.  Very good question.

« Reply #465 on: April 10, 2016, 12:29:31 AM »
Tiny Archibald

cjfish

« Reply #466 on: April 10, 2016, 09:55:49 AM »
Yakwe isn't going anywhere.  His lack of any outside game, immature body and height  translate into a 3 or 4 year player.  I you are 6-7 you have to be able to shoot it.

« Reply #467 on: April 10, 2016, 11:53:29 AM »
Yakwe isn't going anywhere.  His lack of any outside game, immature body and height  translate into a 3 or 4 year player.  I you are 6-7 you have to be able to shoot it.

Hoping Yakwe can stick around all 4 years. If he does than St. John's is in great shape.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #468 on: April 10, 2016, 02:53:41 PM »
Lovett sounds like Daryl Hill pre knee injury

« Reply #469 on: April 12, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »

We should be so lucky.

Marillac

« Reply #470 on: April 12, 2016, 07:01:54 PM »

We should be so lucky.

I think that is a fair expectation with probably more handle and less scoring. Based off the lightening bolt we saw early, I think Lovett stopping himself with unforced errors and being out of control will be far bigger threats to slowing him down than the actual defense. Nobody is staying in front of this kid next year.

paultzman

« Reply #471 on: April 12, 2016, 07:41:21 PM »
Btw,

Verified account ‏@latsondheimer

6-2 sophomore Zekiah LoVett, younger brother of Marcus, is transferring to St. Patrick's in New Jersey. Brother at St. John's.
5:02 PM - 5 Apr 2016

Marillac

« Reply #472 on: April 12, 2016, 08:32:00 PM »
Btw,

Verified account ‏@latsondheimer

6-2 sophomore Zekiah LoVett, younger brother of Marcus, is transferring to St. Patrick's in New Jersey. Brother at St. John's.
5:02 PM - 5 Apr 2016

I'll settle for his brother playing a few years here first before I get greedy, but if he's anything like his brother at 6'2...yikes.

« Reply #473 on: April 12, 2016, 08:45:10 PM »

We should be so lucky.

I think that is a fair expectation with probably more handle and less scoring. Based off the lightening bolt we saw early, I think Lovett stopping himself with unforced errors and being out of control will be far bigger threats to slowing him down than the actual defense. Nobody is staying in front of this kid next year.

Less scoring but better shooter
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.