Big Picture

• 33 replies

Johnny23

Re: Big Picture
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
Clearly anyone with a brain could figure out the same old tired schtick. Bottom line is Mullin isn't getting the job done. Any objective observer knows that. All the other histrionics about this player and this coach and Suzy took a squat is all boring, non-pertinent smoke.

Next year is the year. Zero excuses.

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2018, 01:35:44 PM »
Is this a joke topic? I hope it is and no one actually believes we are close to Nova. We are a bottom feeder with one of the worst hc and staff’s in country. 

But we have great fans like you sworn to keep it that way with your constant negativity.

When SJU realizes that Mullin was a huge mistake, and ask him to step down, I will be one of most positive posters on board.

How positive will you be when Ponds leads us to the Sweet 16?

Very! I’m a huge fan of sju, just not Mullin.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2018, 03:16:28 PM »
I kind of wish we lost to Duke and Nova.
My, what a loyal and wonderful St. Johns fan you are.
I think Mullin would be gone,

Think again.

I care about the bigger picture. We are never winning under this clown. Sorry if he reminds you of your glory days old timer, but you're delusional if you think St. John's is going anywhere under him. I wanna make sure you another good team in your lifetime.

"This clown" is how you refer to a legend like Mullin? Fans like you make this program nearly impossible to rebuild. It is completely unreasonable to expect him to be doing well in his first three years coaching after losing his top assistant after the first year and inheriting nothing from Lavin.

Jay Wright went 13-19 with a 5-13 conference record in 2010-2011 with a Final Four on his resume, a seasoned staff, several top 50 and 100 recruits, and decades of coaching.

Not only does he have to learn coaching and the new college game, he has to learn to deal with millennial divas and pageant dads they didn't exist in the 80's.

Nobody was more negative about our chances for this last season than me, and we were a Lovett non-disappearing act away from the bubble. Pickup a grad transfer big man that can score and board and a 3* true PG in a ny class, and this team will win games in the tournament next year with Ponds back. Take that to the bank.

Losing his top assistant was HIS fault. He also promised when he took the job he'd be a presence in NYC high school gyms, meanwhile he's no where to be seen. He's too busy playing HORSE with Mitch Richmond and getting on the jumbotron at Warriors games. To me he's a clown. Basically just collecting a paycheck and going through the motions.

Look at Patrick Ewing, he's mentioned with nearly every recruit, and he's hitting the HS gyms hard. Like I've said many times before I would not even be mad if it seemed like Mullin was going all out in recruiting, and putting his best foot forward. It doesn't anger you at all that the guy has won 12 conference games in 3 years and he refuses to go see recruits himself? Even real legends like Coach K and Calipari go out and recruit themselves, but god forbid our coach miss a Warriors game.

I find it really funny that you think my attitude is what is keeping this program from rebuilding because it's fans like YOU that make it nearly impossible to rebuild this program. You accept mediocrity, and are willing to give this guy a lifetime achievement award because he was a good basketball player 30 years ago. Wake up.

Hey!  Dude (Marillac) could possibly be a cool person, but he's the classic bullshit artist.  If you wasn't already previously convinced, then just go read his posts from yesterday and today.   
Yeah, I'm a "bullshit artist" because I think we should stop firing coaches continually win 20 games and recruit top players to a second tier job. Let's keep turning in coaches after 2-3 years and force the administration to hold off on contract extensions that make recruiting almost impossible. Nobody will want this job if Mullin gets treated that way. Our fans our delusional.

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2018, 03:23:44 PM »

Think again.

I care about the bigger picture. We are never winning under this clown. Sorry if he reminds you of your glory days old timer, but you're delusional if you think St. John's is going anywhere under him. I wanna make sure you another good team in your lifetime.

"This clown" is how you refer to a legend like Mullin? Fans like you make this program nearly impossible to rebuild. It is completely unreasonable to expect him to be doing well in his first three years coaching after losing his top assistant after the first year and inheriting nothing from Lavin.

Jay Wright went 13-19 with a 5-13 conference record in 2010-2011 with a Final Four on his resume, a seasoned staff, several top 50 and 100 recruits, and decades of coaching.

Not only does he have to learn coaching and the new college game, he has to learn to deal with millennial divas and pageant dads they didn't exist in the 80's.

Nobody was more negative about our chances for this last season than me, and we were a Lovett non-disappearing act away from the bubble. Pickup a grad transfer big man that can score and board and a 3* true PG in a ny class, and this team will win games in the tournament next year with Ponds back. Take that to the bank.

Losing his top assistant was HIS fault. He also promised when he took the job he'd be a presence in NYC high school gyms, meanwhile he's no where to be seen. He's too busy playing HORSE with Mitch Richmond and getting on the jumbotron at Warriors games. To me he's a clown. Basically just collecting a paycheck and going through the motions.

Look at Patrick Ewing, he's mentioned with nearly every recruit, and he's hitting the HS gyms hard. Like I've said many times before I would not even be mad if it seemed like Mullin was going all out in recruiting, and putting his best foot forward. It doesn't anger you at all that the guy has won 12 conference games in 3 years and he refuses to go see recruits himself? Even real legends like Coach K and Calipari go out and recruit themselves, but god forbid our coach miss a Warriors game.

I find it really funny that you think my attitude is what is keeping this program from rebuilding because it's fans like YOU that make it nearly impossible to rebuild this program. You accept mediocrity, and are willing to give this guy a lifetime achievement award because he was a good basketball player 30 years ago. Wake up.

Hey!  Dude (Marillac) could possibly be a cool person, but he's the classic bullshit artist.  If you wasn't already previously convinced, then just go read his posts from yesterday and today.   
Yeah, I'm a "bullshit artist" because I think we should stop firing coaches continually win 20 games and recruit top players to a second tier job.

Nope!  You're a bullshit artist based on your material on these forums throughout the years. 

Let's keep turning in coaches after 2-3 years and force the administration to hold off on contract extensions that make recruiting almost impossible. Nobody will want this job if Mullin gets treated that way. Our fans our delusional.

See....  By you even trying to claim I called you a "bullshit artist" based on what you've posted above makes my assertion even stronger.

Dude, Mullin doesn't even recruit, which means he's barely working.  So, for you to even claim no one will want the job based on how Mullin was treated just makes you....  ummmm...  a bullshit artist.

SJUFAN

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2018, 06:08:05 PM »

Think again.

Yeah, I'm a "bullshit artist" because I think we should stop firing coaches continually win 20 games and recruit top players to a second tier job. Let's keep turning in coaches after 2-3 years and force the administration to hold off on contract extensions that make recruiting almost impossible. Nobody will want this job if Mullin gets treated that way. Our fans our delusional.

So you believe Mullin is a clown...yet we need to extend his contract?

Marillac

« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

Think again.

Yeah, I'm a "bullshit artist" because I think we should stop firing coaches continually win 20 games and recruit top players to a second tier job.

Nope!  You're a bullshit artist based on your material on these forums throughout the years. 

Let's keep turning in coaches after 2-3 years and force the administration to hold off on contract extensions that make recruiting almost impossible. Nobody will want this job if Mullin gets treated that way. Our fans our delusional.

See....  By you even trying to claim I called you a "bullshit artist" based on what you've posted above makes my assertion even stronger.

Dude, Mullin doesn't even recruit, which means he's barely working.  So, for you to even claim no one will want the job based on how Mullin was treated just makes you....  ummmm...  a bullshit artist.
Circular logic is always a good choice 🙄 I express my opinions the same as you. I don't care if you believe them and I'm not trying to lie or convince you I'm right.  A bullshitter is a liar. It doesn't even make sense.

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2018, 08:42:23 PM »

Think again.

So you believe Mullin is a clown...yet we need to extend his contract?

In this thread I actually argued with someone for calling Mullin a clown so I have no idea what you are saying here. It's also not even time to consider extending Mullin at this point.

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2018, 09:14:11 PM »

Think again.

All of these sound like excuses to me. Just like everyone else who is a St. John's fan I want Mullin the be successful and for us to win games, but you have to stop being delusional. The Jay Wright comparison that he had a lousy year in 2010-11 makes no sense because if the roles were reversed and Mullin had a poor season like that after a final four in 08-09 like Wright did, everyone on this board would take that no questions asked. He'd be a legendary player and coach for the program.  Don't all coaches have to deal with millennial divas these days? Its no excuse. Isn't this roster turnover alarming to you?

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2018, 09:58:50 PM »

Think again.

Circular logic is always a good choice 🙄 I express my opinions the same as you. I don't care if you believe them and I'm not trying to lie or convince you I'm right.  A bullshitter is a liar. It doesn't even make sense.

Almost similar to you believing since Mullin has three years of experience coaching, then he'll get better, right?  Logical fallacy, eh?  Or, no one would want the job, if Mullin was let go, right?   

What I said above made plenty of sense.  I think you knew why I initially called you a bullshit artist, but you tried to make it seem it was based on your response to the thetruth's post.  It certainly wasn't solely based on that particular post. 

My observation of you have concluded that you're a "bullshit artist."  That's my opinion based on years of you posting on these forums.  I'd expect you to deny it.  Who would want to admit that is who they are?  Besides, you may not even be aware that is what you're doing, as it's likely embedded into your personality.   

I said, a "bullshit artist" and not a bullshitter.  The former doesn't necessarily means you're a liar, but fabrication occasionally floats around here somewhere. 

Definition of a "bullshit artist...." 

A person who habitually and effectively exaggerates, cajoles, seduces verbally, etc.
Also, bull artist. A person who habitually exaggerates, flatters, or talks nonsense.

'Nuff said.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2018, 10:01:27 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2018, 10:01:54 PM »
It’s a shame that so many kids are transferring but it’s not just happening at SJU. Everyone should get a participation award at year end to make them happy.

derk

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »
I kind of wish we lost to Duke and Nova. I think Mullin would be gone, and that is the best thing for this program going forward.  It's so disheartening to see Jay Wright who has two national titles now work his butt off, while Mullin, who won less Big East games this year than Jay has NCAA wins this year, attends Warriors games, and could seemingly care less about getting quality players for next year and beyond.
25 years of failure show that we don't really know how to do this . Or hire the right coaches. The last two being not hiring Jay Wright when we had the chance and the same thing with Hurley. Two guys right in our own backyard who will and have proceeded to kick our ass up and down Broadway.

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2018, 12:12:24 AM »

Think again.

Almost similar to you believing since Mullin has three years of experience coaching, then he'll get better, right?  Logical fallacy, eh?  Or, no one would want the job, if Mullin was let go, right?   

What I said above made plenty of sense.  I think you knew why I initially called you a bullshit artist, but you tried to make it seem it was based on your response to the thetruth's post.  It certainly wasn't solely based on that particular post. 

My observation of you have concluded that you're a "bullshit artist."  That's my opinion based on years of you posting on these forums.  I'd expect you to deny it.  Who would want to admit that is who they are?  Besides, you may not even be aware that is what you're doing, as it's likely embedded into your personality.   

I said, a "bullshit artist" and not a bullshitter.  The former doesn't necessarily means you're a liar, but fabrication occasionally floats around here somewhere. 

A person who habitually and effectively exaggerates, cajoles, seduces verbally, etc.
Also, bull artist. A person who habitually exaggerates, flatters, or talks nonsense.

'Nuff said.

Did you seriously just try to pass off an actual definition of bullshit artist, Commas?! Holy, shit, you must, be, the dumbest, motherf'cker, alive. It, is clear to me, that you have, a double-digit IQ, and there is nothing to gain by engaging with you further. Until a block feature is installed, I kindly ask that you skip my posts and I'll do the same for you. I'll let you get the word and comma in, so have it Lennie Small....

Poison

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2018, 10:58:44 AM »

Think again.

'Nuff said.

Did you seriously just try to pass off an actual definition of bullshit artist, Commas?! Holy, shit, you must, be, the dumbest, motherf'cker, alive. It, is clear to me, that you have, a double-digit IQ, and there is nothing to gain by engaging with you further. Until a block feature is installed, I kindly ask that you skip my posts and I'll do the same for you. I'll let you get the word and comma in, so have it Lennie Small....

Florida, not everyone is gifted in the head like you are. Lol @ “block feature”. You’ll have to wait for the latest software update.

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »

Think again.

'Nuff said.

Commas....  Haha!  That's so weak....  Just like you.  Frankly, your entire response was weak.  It's laughable....  Again, just like you.

Go get your own joke material, fabricating nice person.  I've told you before and will say it again....  I'd run laps around your simple ass.  On any level.

I'm also still awaiting your reply to what you meant by "ridiculous name," in reference to Muhammad-Ali Abdur-Rahkman.  I noticed you skipped past that one.  Sounds like you're also a bigoted idiot, per that post. 

Lastly, I'll respond to your post whenever I feel like doing so.  If you don't wanna respond to my responses per your response, then do what suits you.  A mark fool like you ain't running jack on this end.  I'm like a dentist to your silly ass....  I struck a nerve. 

Enjoy, BA!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:18:01 PM by mjdinkins »