NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch

• 321 replies

cjfish

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #320 on: April 01, 2019, 04:39:43 PM »
I’m gonna be honest, I watched tech play probably 10 times this year, it looks like he’s doing the exact same things he did here, just on a better team.

His movement without the ball and screening went from setting a high screen for ponds occasionally to  constant movement with frequent off the ball screens.    An efficient offensive use of his abilities. Off the ball movement is key to offensive success, something sju is horrible at. Can’t be successful hanging around the perimeter and shooting threes.

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #321 on: April 01, 2019, 05:07:20 PM »

His movement without the ball and screening went from setting a high screen for ponds occasionally to  constant movement with frequent off the ball screens.    An efficient offensive use of his abilities. Off the ball movement is key to offensive success, something sju is horrible at. Can’t be successful hanging around the perimeter and shooting threes.

I actually felt the off ball movement was pretty good this year, but it was too sporadic. Would devolve into standing around at key points. Overall it created some good open looks for Heron and Clark.

As far as the screening, sure, but that’s what he’s being asked to do, we didn’t have 3/4 solid shooters on the team last year so was much more P&R/P oriented. My point is that Owens hasn’t transformed his game or suddenly become some cerebral center and he doesn’t need to. He filled a role on a good team and was missed here.