2nd Signee- Damien Sears

• 107 replies
Re: 2nd Signee- Damien Sears
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2019, 01:25:57 PM »
But I do think that we both agree we hope this coach is more successful than both prior coaches
Yes, I would like to win National championships too. Yet tragically I'm stuck with this rare ability to honestly access my lot in life and the team I root for.

« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2019, 01:30:41 PM »
Odds on this thread ever referencing Damien Spears again?

« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2019, 01:57:34 PM »
oh the first time he misses a chip shot or allows an Offensive rebound his name will def be back in here

Foad

« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2019, 02:11:13 PM »

Slightly lower than Aaron Sears being referenced.

Johnny23

« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2019, 04:45:52 PM »
We got a Spears to along with a Sears? Sweet.

« Reply #105 on: May 31, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »
Expect Mike too sign 2 or 3 project players ever year , that was his pattern at Arkansas , which lead to is fireing, he can coach but never had a complete roster of high major players. Mike has no patience to coddle recruits, he don't understand the psychology it takes to land star players , he will land a homer once in a while. Mike is a great person an I did support Mike, but in 8 years at Arkansas he won no type championship, but not due to coaching but lack of skilled players.

Marillac

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2019, 08:54:51 PM »
Expect Mike too sign 2 or 3 project players ever year , that was his pattern at Arkansas , which lead to is fireing, he can coach but never had a complete roster of high major players. Mike has no patience to coddle recruits, he don't understand the psychology it takes to land star players , he will land a homer once in a while. Mike is a great person an I did support Mike, but in 8 years at Arkansas he won no type championship, but not due to coaching but lack of skilled players.

This is what I am concerned about. The first two recruits filled dire needs so I was fine with them, but the last commitment seems like a reach.

Some Arkansas fans have said that his system can make use of raw athletic freshmen more quickly than other less frenetic systems. I hope that is true.

I am very worried that we haven’t been linked any big recruits like we were by this time when the last star took over.

« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2019, 11:56:32 PM »
The kid from bishop Laughlin? I have no problem reaching for city kid, especially from a coach from outta area may pay dividends in future if he pans out