Burrell vs Blair

• 39 replies

Marillac

Re: Burrell vs Blair
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2009, 12:29:33 AM »
Sam Young is the X factor here. We need to keep him in check

X factor?????
X factor usually only come into play when there are two evenly matched teams where some intangible can sway things one way or the other.
The X factor in this game is Pitt is much, much better.
On the road against a much better team, they would be showing me improvement if they can keep it under a 10 point loss.

your post made me laugh....then i realized you're right....and i cried

An emotional rollercoaster not seen since Baldi watched Gilmore Girls last.

LJSA

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 01:43:51 AM »
Gilmore Girls was actually one of the better-written shows on TV over the past 10 years, maybe 20. Not sure what this says about TV--or me--but I felt the need to post this for some scary reason.

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 02:15:27 AM »
I'm hoping what happened against ND can carry over and we can make this game competitive. I just hope 8 minutes into the game we are saying its over already. They showed alot of promise last time out, and i have confidence now, lets shock the world!

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 01:26:28 PM »
Blair vs Burrell match up looks like a 5 year old kid playing against his dad.

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 01:36:44 PM »
Blair vs Burrell match up looks like a 5 year old kid playing against his dad.

Hopefully Blair buys Justin an ice cream cone after the game.

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2009, 03:08:52 PM »
Blair = Man

Burrell = boy

Very humbling for Burrell. Its frustrating watching him at times because I think he can be so good and yet he can't put it together.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2009, 03:17:17 PM »
Blair was even tossing Coker around.  He is a Strong man!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2009, 03:19:34 PM »
Yea I was surprised at that. Does Dele need to improve his leg strength to improve positioning? Dele came down on Blair hard and Blair still got the and1. Amazing.

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2009, 04:49:40 PM »
Blair = Man

Burrell = boy

Very humbling for Burrell. Its frustrating watching him at times because I think he can be so good and yet he can't put it together.

Dave
Justin is like a shiny beautifully wrapped Christmas present. Except when you open up the present, what is inside is just all the parts and you have to put it together. Justin has not been put together. He doesn't really have any low post moves, is not a good rebounder and is not a hustle player. He has a nice touch, but no matter what some people might think he does NOT have the skills to be an efficient wing player, and anyway that is not what he was hyped to be! So far Justin is just a shiny package with no real substance.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 04:50:53 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2009, 06:24:41 PM »
Blair = Man

Burrell = boy

Dave
Justin is like a shiny beautifully wrapped Christmas present. Except when you open up the present, what is inside is just all the parts and you have to put it together. Justin has not been put together. He doesn't really have any low post moves, is not a good rebounder and is not a hustle player. He has a nice touch, but no matter what some people might think he does NOT have the skills to be an efficient wing player, and anyway that is not what he was hyped to be! So far Justin is just a shiny package with no real substance.

I agree Justin was supposed to be "rim punisher" and he has not lived up to that. He needs to be so much more aggressive.

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2009, 08:13:09 PM »
Dave

very well said, i completely agree

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2009, 11:22:49 PM »
So much for Justin's line of let me drive out Blair so he doesn't get any rebounds. The dude had 10 offensive boards that is just unheard of.

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2009, 12:40:10 AM »
So much for Justin's line of let me drive out Blair so he doesn't get any rebounds. The dude had 10 offensive boards that is just unheard of.

And Blair is only 6'6 without great leaping ability.  Blair will have to fight for his life in the NBA.  It shows how far off Justin really is.

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2009, 12:44:21 AM »

And Blair is only 6'6 without great leaping ability.  Blair will have to fight for his life in the NBA.  It shows how far off Justin really is.

Is Blair shrinking? Why would he have to fight for his life?

Marillac

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2009, 01:48:30 AM »

http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dejuan-blair

I've seen it written several times that he is 6'6.  Everyone knows rosters are best case scenarios.  Nobody actually sits there and measures these kids for their actual height at their schools.  It's about as accurate as your height on a drivers license.

He will fight for his life in the NBA because there is not one PF or C under 6'8 in the top 36 (where Yahoo stats stop) in rebounding in the NBA.  There are three 6'7 SF's and only three 6'8 PF's.  Look at a guy like Craig Smith, who was much more talented offensively, not enjoying even half the success statistically that he had in college. 

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2009, 01:51:41 AM »

I've seen it written several times that he is 6'6.  Everyone knows rosters are best case scenarios.  Nobody actually sits there and measures these kids for their actual height at their schools.  It's about as accurate as your height on a drivers license.

He will fight for his life in the NBA because there is not one PF or C under 6'8 in the top 36 (where Yahoo stats stop) in rebounding in the NBA.  There are three 6'7 SF's and only three 6'8 PF's.  Look at a guy like Craig Smith, who was much more talented offensively, not enjoying even half the success statistically that he had in college.

Hes got 2 years to improve himself. How tall was Chuck Barkley?

Marillac

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2009, 01:56:10 AM »

It looks like he will either come out this year or next.  NBAdraft.net has he coming out this year.  Barkely was around 6'5, but he was a combo forward and had offensive talents that Dejaun will probably never come close to. 

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2009, 01:57:28 AM »

It looks like he will either come out this year or next.  NBAdraft.net has he coming out this year.  Barkely was around 6'5, but he was a combo forward and had offensive talents that Dejaun will probably never come close to.

If he comes out this year he better make sure he has a passport

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2009, 09:50:10 AM »

:)
Drive out Blair, after every basket Burrell was lying underneath the basket. Dude is strong, that was no contest!

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2009, 04:40:32 PM »
Height is the most overrated thing in basketball, wing span is so much more important & Blair has a freakish wing span :o. Plus the heart to go with it. He is leaving after this season to go to the NBA & will put up double double if giving the playing time just like Paul Millsap i will put my money on it.

As for Burrell vs Blair they were rarely covering each other which was disappointing. But Blair did do his thing when match up on him but it was not a slaughter as some thing.

I would  :-* to see Blake Griffin VS D. Blair in the NCAA tournament more than any other match up in college basketball!
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"