5. Devin Ebanks
6. Jeremy Hazell
7. Stanley Robinson
8. Arinze Onuaku
9. Samardo Samuels
10. Lance Stephenson

Re: 5 Reasons the Storm can Dance
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 03:44:49 PM »
I find it very difficult to compare the completeness of players who play different positions. How can you compare Mason Jr. to Scottie Reynolds/Kemba Walker or Samardo Samuels/Arinze Onuaku?

Lets take a look exclusively at SF.

1. Dasean Butler
2. Jeremy Hazell
3. Stanley Robinson
4. Andy Rautins
5. Reggie Redding
6. Anthony Mason Jr.?

I'm not including any incoming freshman or transfers into the list. I think Mason sniffs them and I think I'm being generous by putting both Rautins and Redding ahead of him. I might have overlooked a few guys too. Feel free to point out others.

I think we're hanging on words though. Also if you wanted to hang on words then Boothe's flashes of brilliance came to mind before this.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »
I find it very difficult to compare the completeness of players who play different positions. How can you compare Mason Jr. to Scottie Reynolds/Kemba Walker or Samardo Samuels/Arinze Onuaku?

1. Dasean Butler
2. Jeremy Hazell
3. Stanley Robinson
4. Andy Rautins
5. Reggie Redding
6. Anthony Mason Jr.?

I'm not including any incoming freshman or transfers into the list. I think Mason sniffs them and I think I'm being generous by putting both Rautins and Redding ahead of him. I might have overlooked a few guys too. Feel free to point out others.

I think we're hanging on words though. Also if you wanted to hang on words then Boothe's flashes of brilliance came to mind before this.

I think Fade away jr plays most of the time at the 2 this year. I also feel Horne and Kennedy are better basketball players than he is.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 03:48:39 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 04:12:59 PM »

1. Dasean Butler
2. Jeremy Hazell
3. Stanley Robinson
4. Andy Rautins
5. Reggie Redding
6. Anthony Mason Jr.?

I think Fade away jr plays most of the time at the 2 this year. I also feel Horne and Kennedy are better basketball players than he is.

He may play around the perimeter offensively however I think DJ will be guarding opposing 2's and Mason 3's. If Horne is in with Mason I expect the same.

boo3

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

1. Dasean Butler
2. Jeremy Hazell
3. Stanley Robinson
4. Andy Rautins
5. Reggie Redding
6. Anthony Mason Jr.?

Please explain using Boothe and "flashes of brilliance" in the same sentence.  I'm not following your train of thought here.  Maybe i'm missing something.  thanks

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 04:40:41 PM »

1. Dasean Butler
2. Jeremy Hazell
3. Stanley Robinson
4. Andy Rautins
5. Reggie Redding
6. Anthony Mason Jr.?

Please explain using Boothe and "flashes of brilliance" in the same sentence.  I'm not following your train of thought here.  Maybe i'm missing something.  thanks

It's not my train of thought but the authors. He said it, I didn't. That stood out to me more than the fact he said Mason Jr. was one of the complete players in the Big East.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 04:43:35 PM »

1. Dasean Butler
2. Jeremy Hazell
3. Stanley Robinson
4. Andy Rautins
5. Reggie Redding
6. Anthony Mason Jr.?

It's not my train of thought but the authors. He said it, I didn't. That stood out to me more than the fact he said Mason Jr. was one of the complete players in the Big East.

oh  ok  good!   scared me for a second... :)