Mase out 4-6 weeks

• 30 replies
Re: Mase out 4-6 weeks
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2009, 11:14:07 AM »
we are sju, it's one thing to bash his game,
it's entirely something else to be glad he's hurt.

He's still an amateur. I'm not fond of the way most of our guys have played. Are you?

And where did I say this was a disaster?
It's a disaster for Mason Jr. That much is true.

I would never wish harm an anyone who did not directly hurt me, my family or friends.. This applies to Norm, Geno,Mase, Aaron Heilman, Isiah Thomas,Charles Smith or any sports guy that made my rooting interests miserable.
Strictly speaking from a sports stand point this injury is not the worst thing that could have happened especially if he can come back and be a scoring option off the bench.

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2009, 11:17:12 AM »
If my math is right he will be back in time for Siena game?That is our first tough game.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:17:34 AM by KAHNIGHT »
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Poison

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2009, 11:25:20 AM »
We are sju, every year after the first injured player we all say "
It's not the worst thing that could happen" and then 5 more guys go down.

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2009, 11:45:31 AM »
We are sju, every year after the first injured player we all say "
It's not the worst thing that could happen" and then 5 more guys go down.

IMO Kennedy and Horne have to play as much as possible. Everyone else on the roster is not as important. If Norm is going to try and play all of the wing players, then it will take away from Horne and Kennedy. Again injury aside I do not like Mase's game. Personally I would like to see what Lawrence and Hardy can do backing up Horne/Kennedy.

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 09:32:06 PM »
Sorry to hear the Mase news because I know the he wants to show and prove in his last year. Tough break. In the end he can still have an impact latter in the season...lets see what happens.

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2009, 11:03:39 PM »
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=4583532&name=katz_andy

Kind of suprised that Andy Katz talked about us first in the article.  Not really happy that Norm said "People in NY would find a way to blame me for this."  No one will blame you for it, but please don't ever give us an excuse that we're not playing well because we're young and we're without our senior.  When you read the quotes from the players I think it's obvious they are sick of talking about Mase and would rather talk about the team and the new guys.  These kids have worked hard from the day they set foot on campus, it'd be nice to see them get some love.

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2009, 11:15:49 PM »
i love the norm, "i'm always being picked on" mantra.

all you've proven throughout your overly long career is that you have tremendous suction.

hoping for top nine or ten in the big east (not the country) in year six is pathetic at best.

i promise to change my tune (a bit) if we blow out siena.

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2009, 11:30:32 PM »
If my math is right he will be back in time for Siena game?That is our first tough game.

Katz's article said he might be out LONGER than 6 weeks:

"Roberts said Mason likely will be out for six weeks (if not longer) and doesn't expect him to play against Duke in Durham, N.C., on Dec. 5 or against Georgia in the SEC-Big East Invitational at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 9. He said he was hopeful that Mason could play in the Holiday Festival at MSG on Dec. 20."
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2009, 04:57:47 AM »

Katz's article said he might be out LONGER than 6 weeks:

"Roberts said Mason likely will be out for six weeks (if not longer) and doesn't expect him to play against Duke in Durham, N.C., on Dec. 5 or against Georgia in the SEC-Big East Invitational at Madison Square Garden on Dec. 9. He said he was hopeful that Mason could play in the Holiday Festival at MSG on Dec. 20."

O brother :'(
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2009, 06:58:20 AM »
I don't think this is a good thing at all.  Our only chance of being a legit bubble team this year is if Mase can  fit in well with last year's group of players. 

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2009, 10:59:37 AM »
Look, Mase had this injury over the summer and didn't play in Canada... then he re-injures it and they're not even doing full practices?  That would be a chronic problem, and it has to be acknowledged that there must be something wrong with his hamstring. 

Duke, for one, is going to crush this team with size.  I really hope Quincy's game improved, and Brownlee is a revelation.