What about Steve Alford?

• 21 replies
Re: What about Steve Alford?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »
I thought our terrible coach beat McCaffrey this year?

Steve Alford is money. He got a raw deal at Iowa (and did well there) and now they suck. New Mexico was 15-17 before he got there and now they're awesome. AND he loves Jebus (which people on this board or the other board seem to want for whatever reason).
RAW deal??......he got 1. 2 million and could not get in the tourney ......8 years... talk to an IOWA fan........you think you know frustration........15, 000 seat arena on campus steps away, 30,000 students and the BIG TEN......people quit going to games he was so bad(sold out every game under DR. TOM DAVIS(Keno's dad).

I assume since then you guys have been awesome?

I think the biggest issue there was he was an Indiana boy.  No doubt the alums didn't like that very much, no?
He made the NCAA tournament 3 times and won the Big 10 tournament twice.

And now they're 8-14.
That's all correct... may I add never past the 2nd round in tourney.....DR TOM DAVIS made the tourney every year before him..not 3 out of 9. They did get hot in tourney a couple of times......never won the conference title though. Very poor conference record. The current team is horrible.......ALFORD left the cupboard completely bare.... One last thing.......he asked  for IOWA to pay for his Final  FOUR trips after he was working  for NM as well as university issued cell phones , cars etc. Real classy.
You want to learn about Steve......Search Steve Alford Hair gel blog.
Alford was there for 8 years, not 9.

Also, Dr. Tom Davis didn't make the NCAA tournament every year he was at Iowa. He made it 9 times out of his 13 years there. Still pretty damn good though.

Re: What about Steve Alford?
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2010, 06:09:22 PM »
keno davis will be a hall of famer

Not at Providence will he be a Hall of Famer