Malik and Malik

• 28 replies
Re: Malik and Malik
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2010, 06:39:14 PM »
I didnt say he would start, said he would contend for PG minutes.

Im not a big fan of juco ball. Do they play defense?

I'm not much of a fan of JUCO ball nowadays, either.  There are exceptions to the rule.  As, I stated earlier....  I believe Redlands play in a competitive league and Lindsey is MORE than handling his own.

Are you possibly insinuating Lindsey is putting up those numbers due to a lack of defense on the JUCO level?  Remember, Lindsey has always been a scoring machine.  Quite frankly, I think we have a taller and shall I say, better version of Marcus Hatten on our hands a season from now.

Like I said, I dont know much aboout juco hoops. But sometimes the juco success doesnt transfer over well. Im not arguing Lindseys talent at all, I think he will be the best player out of the bunch coming in next year. And it will be a nice option of having a seasoned PG backing him up

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2010, 06:46:15 PM »
Like I said, I dont know much aboout juco hoops. But sometimes the juco success doesnt transfer over well. Im not arguing Lindseys talent at all, I think he will be the best player out of the bunch coming in next year. And it will be a nice option of having a seasoned PG backing him up

Fair enough.  I have no problem with Stith backing up Lindsey.  We'll have options at PG with Lindsey, Stith and Harrison.

Heck!  We may even add a combo guard, in Phil Greene, in the spring.  If, not then I'll think we'll be fine with the aforementioned.

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2010, 07:06:51 PM »
Boothe finished last season playing very well at the point and Stith has improved a great deal since last year. Nonetheless, I don't like seeing them out there together because they serve the same function and fail to complement one another.

Pet peeves respectively: (1) Boothe taking the ball down the middle from the top of the key and losing possession with monotonous regularity (2) Stith taking the ball up with tunnel vision and missing men wide open in the corners.

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2010, 09:10:34 PM »
IMO...both Malik's played well VS St Mary's.  Against Columbia Stith outplayed Boothe. 

That being said....2 games into the season, I'm not ready to proclaim Stith the starter or tear Boothe apart. 

In regards to them both being on the floor at the same time....I hate it.  We have better options at the 2, to give either one of those two minutes there!

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2010, 10:36:36 PM »
They seem like they are very different players.  Boothe has a MUCH better handle, but Stith has shown an ability to score a lot more.  Boothe is fast getting the ball up the court, but Stith is a freaking jet.   Boothe is stronger and looks like the better defender so far.  Stith looks like he can give us that medium-range game that we haven't had in a very long time.  That is so crucial to ending scoring lulls.

I don' t think Stith is just going to roll over for next year's class.  He's apparently a ridiculously hard worker and will have a year working with Rico and Dunlap and two years of Big East experience before the rooks set a foot on campus. 

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2010, 12:04:53 AM »
Like I said, I dont know much aboout juco hoops.

No need to qualify the statement with the "juco" part.

boo3

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »
Like I said, I dont know much aboout juco hoops.

No need to qualify the statement with the "juco" part.

Hahaha

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 09:20:47 AM »
I didnt say he would start, said he would contend for PG minutes.

Im not a big fan of juco ball. Do they play defense?

I'm not much of a fan of JUCO ball nowadays, either.  There are exceptions to the rule.  As, I stated earlier....  I believe Redlands play in a competitive league and Lindsey is MORE than handling his own.

Are you possibly insinuating Lindsey is putting up those numbers due to a lack of defense on the JUCO level?  Remember, Lindsey has always been a scoring machine.  Quite frankly, I think we have a taller and shall I say, better version of Marcus Hatten on our hands a season from now.

Berry, Boo Harvey, Porter, Bootsy, Hatten we have done alright with Juco's

Tim Dimas

• Follow me on Twitter --> @TimmyD_WSJU
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 11:28:50 AM »
Stith is a very good role player off the bench right now. It's been only two games though.

As for starting next year, Nurideen Lindsey more then likely has the role. The kid is averaging close to 30 points a game for Redlands Community College and that is no fluke. The kid is very solid and will be the starter for the Johnnies.

I however hope Stith does remain with the team next year and continue to come off the bench. We don't have any true point guards coming in next year so Stith realistically is the only won.

Again though lets let the season play out and hope he can continue his nice little play.
@TimmyD_WSJU