Malik and Malik

• 28 replies
Malik and Malik
« on: November 18, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »
I'm still not sure how I feel about them both being on the floor at the same time but wow they are both playing awesome! They deserve some recognition.

How do you guys feel about each of them and the combo?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

boo3

Re: Malik and Malik
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 09:24:51 PM »
 Only saw last nights game and was distracted through some of it so my observations may be a bit off.  I thought Stith looked very good.  He seemed to have a confidence that we haven't seen from him before.   Shoot the ball well from the outside with no hesitation.  Boothe looked like Boothe to me.  Same old, same old.  Nothing great, nothing terrible.

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 09:29:34 PM »
Stith doesn't have the bad habits the seniors have. He also sees that Coach Lavin doesn't have a pure point guard coming in next year, Lindsey being a combo. He might see this as an opportunity to show the coaches he can play their type of ball. Boothe, and the seniors, might be slower to adopt the new systems because of years of bad habits.

And, Stith was a winner in high school, didn't his team win a state championship in North Carolina?

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:03:26 AM »
I believe Malik Stith is the better ball player and will be the starting point guard before the year is over.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 11:56:24 AM »
At this moment, Stith is the best scoring option at the guard position. He is producing and has to get has to get minutes. If you dont produce, have a seat next to Evans.

Wow, if Stith continues to improve at this rate-he will contend for the starting PG job next year

kjd01067

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 12:11:47 PM »
At this moment, Stith is the best scoring option at the guard position. He is producing and has to get has to get minutes. If you dont produce, have a seat next to Evans.

Wow, if Stith continues to improve at this rate-he will contend for the starting PG job next year

Nuri will start at pg next year kid is a stud and will make Stith look like he is a hs jv player

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 12:33:38 PM »

Nuri will start at pg next year kid is a stud and will make Stith look like he is a hs jv player

College ball is a bit different than whatever higher istitute of learning Lindsey is playing at. Might be good to have an experienced PG in there with all the newcomers

TONYD3

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 12:51:52 PM »
I am happy Stith hit a few shots against Columbia but do guys remember the Providence game. Stith also didn't look great against St. Mary's in the 1st half. I hope he proves me wrong but currently he is the 2nd option at PG playing backup minutes, that is where he should be in my opinion. He is quick and gets steals but I think the team is much better off with Boothe in. He seems to calm everyone down.
I really don't like playing both Maliks at the same time. Would rather give more minutes to Paris or Q. both in my opinion are better offensive options.

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 12:57:28 PM »
I am happy Stith hit a few shots against Columbia but do guys remember the Providence game. Stith also didn't look great against St. Mary's in the 1st half. I hope he proves me wrong but currently he is the 2nd option at PG playing backup minutes, that is where he should be in my opinion. He is quick and gets steals but I think the team is much better off with Boothe in. He seems to calm everyone down.
I really don't like playing both Maliks at the same time. Would rather give more minutes to Paris or Q. both in my opinion are better offensive options.

We have 2 shooting guards,who at this moment couldnt hit the side of Marillac's barn. This is why we see Boothe and Stith in there at the same time. Go with the hot hand

Poison

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »
Hitting a few jumpers doesn't make you a point guard last time I checked. If either Malik was playing "awesome" we don't struggle to beat a low level Ivy by 13.

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 02:06:03 PM »
I didn't say anything about his shooting ability. I said Malik Stith was the better point guard and I stand by that statement. His play was a positive in the Columbia game, and had nothing to do with our struggles to win by 13. Also the fact that Malik Boothe slows things down may be more of a negative than a positive.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 02:17:45 PM »
There were at least 2 instances where Stith completely ignored a wide open man that would have led to an easy basket.

He's improved, and for that I'm psyched, but he's running the offense. I don't know how you can't see that. Unless you missed the game?

kjd01067

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »

College ball is a bit different than whatever higher istitute of learning Lindsey is playing at. Might be good to have an experienced PG in there with all the newcomers

Some recruiting analysts are calling Nuri the best JUCO player in the country. He is averaging about 30 ppg, Stith couldn't hold Nuri's jock.  I'm sorry I am not a fan of Stith and am very confident in saying he will NOT start next year.  We have already seen Lavin will favor his guys over Norms (a la Polee starting).

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 02:27:58 PM »

Some recruiting analysts are calling Nuri the best JUCO player in the country. He is averaging about 30 ppg, Stith couldn't hold Nuri's jock.  I'm sorry I am not a fan of Stith and am very confident in saying he will NOT start next year.  We have already seen Lavin will favor his guys over Norms (a la Polee starting).

The fact that Stith is still around and getting PT says alot. If Lavin didnt think he was a good fit, he would be elsewhere. Like Omari Lawrence

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 03:02:38 PM »
I'm wishing the best for both Malik's, as it seems Stith's game has grown and he's getting better.  I think he'll definitely slice into Boothe's minutes, as the season progresses.  I'm rooting for Boothe, as he plays for the team I root for.  The better he plays; the better our chances of winning.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of Boothe.  As, I stated above....  I'll be definitely rooting for him. 

By the way, I know Baldi likes to clown and joke around....  But, once Nuri comes on campus....  The ball belongs to him, as he's gonna take over the PG position.

I believe Redlands play in a competitive league and Lindsey is smoking the competition!  I know some folk is gonna say, it's JUCO, but what he's doing is ridiculous.  Quite frankly, no one can deny it.

kjd01067

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »

The fact that Stith is still around and getting PT says alot. If Lavin didnt think he was a good fit, he would be elsewhere. Like Omari Lawrence

To me that means nothing.  Maybe Lavin knew he would need Stith for another season, seeing as he only had one other pg.  In Omari's case, Lavin still had horne, dj, hardy, roberts all who played the same position.  Or maybe Stith did not want to leave, Lavin isn't the type of guy who is going to force someone to leave and maybe even though Stith knows he will be recruited over he thinks he can compete.  Regardless Nuri will be our starting pg next year you can take that to the bank and if you need further explanation of why refer to mjdinkins' post above

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 03:31:46 PM »

To me that means nothing.  Maybe Lavin knew he would need Stith for another season, seeing as he only had one other pg.  In Omari's case, Lavin still had horne, dj, hardy, roberts all who played the same position.  Or maybe Stith did not want to leave, Lavin isn't the type of guy who is going to force someone to leave and maybe even though Stith knows he will be recruited over he thinks he can compete.  Regardless Nuri will be our starting pg next year you can take that to the bank and if you need further explanation of why refer to mjdinkins' post above

I didnt say he would start, said he would contend for PG minutes.

Im not a big fan of juco ball. Do they play defense?

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 03:52:38 PM »
Poison, So if I saw the game then I am totally clueless about my judgement regarding Stith, and If I didn't see the game then I am not allowed to have an opinion. I saw the game. Do you know the meaning of a pompous a$$?

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2010, 04:00:19 PM »
I didnt say he would start, said he would contend for PG minutes.

Im not a big fan of juco ball. Do they play defense?

I'm not much of a fan of JUCO ball nowadays, either.  There are exceptions to the rule.  As, I stated earlier....  I believe Redlands play in a competitive league and Lindsey is MORE than handling his own.

Are you possibly insinuating Lindsey is putting up those numbers due to a lack of defense on the JUCO level?  Remember, Lindsey has always been a scoring machine.  Quite frankly, I think we have a taller and shall I say, better version of Marcus Hatten on our hands a season from now.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 04:01:10 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2010, 04:53:58 PM »
Stith start next year?

Surely, you can't be serious?