Pitt Post game discussion

• 38 replies
Re: Pitt Post game discussion
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2011, 06:27:06 PM »
I went to the game and came in from Jersey.  I could not believe the amount of fans that came in on my train. It was packed w/ sju fans.  One woman pushed her way as the doors were closing to make sure she was not late for the game.  Gibbs might have had a career best tonight but we limited the rest of the team.  We got the bigs in foul trouble and we dominated the inside game.  I thought the key of the game was when Hardy went out early, although pitt took the lead at half, the game was close enough to win for when Hardy came back.

All in all, a well played game, we showed in a close game at home we could we could win a close game as well as the blowouts.  I am so excited and happy to be a SJU fan. 

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 06:28:06 PM »
Also don't forget about DJ's huge offensive rebound.  He came out of nowhere.

Oh and thanks to ESPN's live lookin at Depaul Nova...home viewers missed a play...how did DJ make it to the FT line late in the game?

Ya wtf was with that? Live look in to see 3 refs huddled up? The producer should be canned!

If DJ and Burrell continue to play like this-I dont even want to say it

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2011, 06:36:23 PM »
One more thing...Paris Horne is a one man zone.  We should just play a 1-4 defense with Horne at the top
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

tims19

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 07:08:19 PM »
cant believe the pitt fans can complain about out of bounds and only give that weak angle to judge,... now as for lavin getting the T, after there player dives into our feet and the refs have the audacity to say it was out of bounds on us, thats something worth complaning about, and without that play games isnt even close, pitt doesnt go on that run, and were sitting pretty at halftime, all in all cant complain, everyone showed up esp dj and burrell and horne... we gonna do some damage in post season this year

Wods317

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 07:09:22 PM »
All I am hearing about on ESPN and reading about online now is how Hardy stepped out. Its really awful how anyone would try to take something away from the this victory by harping on this. It is very difficult to tell whether his heel was out because his heels were elevated. Doug Gottlieb on ESPN was just saying how it was so obvious he was out, if it was so obvious how come its only after those pictures of Hardy started to circulate that everyone is making a stink. Calls get missed all the time I dont think that takes anything away from this victory, if it wasn't called then it didn't happen.

tims19

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
still with all the messed up calls thats the only one getting bitch'd at, and i want to see a baseline angle before its obvioulsy anything, he was proabably in, but possibly out, but prove it better then above the head view

Nick K

« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2011, 07:24:46 PM »
Just got back home from the game and and few of the social establishments around the garden.

First things first, great win for these kids and for the program.

The Garden was absolutely rocking tonight.

I personally thought the biggest play of the game was the Horne offensive rebound off the miss FT.

After this game there is NOBODY these kids should think they can't beat.

tims19

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2011, 07:26:34 PM »
at home at least, we beat nova away, and then its real close to saying theres no one we cant beat,... and definatly set at home, but they just play so different at the garden,...

SJU33

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2011, 07:34:12 PM »
Who cares if he stepped out or didn't, it wasn't called so clearly he didn't.

« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2011, 07:59:49 PM »
Espn just showed the replay of the Hardy play and all of them agreed both heels were up and not touching the line.  If Pitt fans want to complain, they should complain about how their team blew a lead with 2 minutes left, not one play.

« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2011, 08:32:02 PM »
St. John's vs. Pittsburgh Madison Square Garden: Dwight Hardy Game-Winning Layup

Take a look at that the ref, who has the best view of anyone in the building or any camera that there could possibly be, was looking right at it.  He was inbounds, no doubt about it.

« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 08:33:26 PM »
itsucks  theyre taking away from our win with that bs, but who cares. its a win. on to the next one..

i think it was 2 years ago, when we beat Georgetown, rob thomas called a timeout while falling out of bounds. and it was granted to him, and as a result we won the game. occasionally we catch a break. ill take every break we can get.

its gunna be another disappointing march for pitt fans.

« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 10:32:26 PM »
The Pitt fans, Jeff Goodman, Doug Gottlieb and anyone else that finds that picture to be incriminating, is an idiot.  From the looks of it, Hardy's heels were elevated above the ground in that picture.

Anyways, what an UNBELIEVABLE atmosphere at MSG today.   Beat pro-SJU crowd I've seen in the last decade.  Justin Burrell was absolutely the difference today IMO.  He was dominant on the iso's on the low block.  Without his buckets in the first half with Hardy and Brownlee in foul trouble, I think Pitt takes a sizable lead into halftime.

Just an incredible game.  Looking forward to going to the DePaul game Wednesday where he have a chance to really clinch a NCAA Tournament birth for good.
"When excuses become your reason for losing then it is time to find the nearest mirror." -Mike Dunlap

Poison

« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2011, 12:23:22 AM »
He may have been out of bounds. I could give a f. F Pitt, and f espn, and f that f'n piece sh*t excuse for an American city. In all seriousness, Pittsburgh should get the f our of our country. They contribute nothing. We have no use for them. Go to Canada, where you're bitching will at least draw an ear.

« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2011, 12:54:58 AM »
We are playin like a senior ladden team that have been thru wars together...playin hard and desperate to get into the tourny. After the Cincy lose at home my thoughts turned negative....so proud of these kids going out there and taken it to teams and taken games away. Proud of them and the staff. Pitt had plenty of chances to put us away and they paid for it on that last play...end of story.

SJU33

« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 02:10:46 AM »
He may have been out of bounds. I could give a f. F Pitt, and f espn, and f that f'n piece sh*t excuse for an American city. In all seriousness, Pittsburgh should get the f our of our country. They contribute nothing. We have no use for them. Go to Canada, where you're bitching will at least draw an ear.

Take it easy man. He was clearly in bounds and we won the game. I hope you were at the game and drunk to write that shit. That was a terrible post. It was a good game and you should respect Pitt. They have been awesome and with no 1st round draft picks. You'll make people not respect this site with stupid comments like that.

gonzalo

« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2011, 02:25:07 AM »
Congratulations for the victory.

NCAA Tournament, here we go!!!

« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 03:11:33 AM »
- Who cares if an inconclusive photo that appears to show D-buckets heels up in the air, off the line has media nice persons and Pitt fans crying. 
Sour grapes make the sweetest whine!

- In the Espn pre-game show every single one of the talking heads including Tina Weymouth picked SJU to beat Pitt. Unreal!

- JB1 looked like an future Nba power forward tonight.  For real!

- Favorite play was Hilton's spin move offensive rebound of the FT miss directly into Prez' one-handed skying sideline save a la Randy Moss.  Man we play some exciting basketball.

- No help from the out of town scoreboard as three of our closest standings rivals lucked out with overtime wins.

- Johnny tickets are going to be gettin' tight real soon.

« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2011, 08:22:07 AM »
An underrated moment of the game that has nothing to do with basketball. There was about 3 min left and coming back into the timeout the band was playing then they sped the tempo of the song up and the crowd went CRAZY. The energy surged the arena again. It was truly a 6th man moment
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle