Catholic 7 Potential TV Deal

• 137 replies

paultzman

Re: Catholic 7 Potential TV Deal
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2013, 05:37:31 PM »
UConn and Cinci looking to buy in if they can get alternative football conference?? Doubt it, but;

“@ECoastBias: NOW I feel bad for Aresco. RT @raphiellej: Never a dull day when it comes to Big East realignment, huh? http://t.co/DkugP3od

Please GOD don't do it.

Similar thinking which Akers sense;

“@Kieran_Lynch: Honestly, not sure if I'd be a fan of UConn/Cinci move. Not sure if it's worth putting new conf. in any risk with football interests.”

Tha Kid

« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2013, 05:46:39 PM »
Eh I don't see the downside.  Worst thing is they leave and we're done with them.  They are both great bball programs and can only enhance a TV deal, I would think?
"I drink and I know things"

Moose

« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2013, 05:48:37 PM »
Eh I don't see the downside.  Worst thing is they leave and we're done with them.  They are both great bball programs and can only enhance a TV deal, I would think?

Why taint a new conference by helping them land on their feet until they find something better.  Regardless of price.

If anyone wants to give up football they are welcome with open arms.
Remember who broke the Slice news

paultzman

« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Tempest in a tea pot? This guy covers UConn.

“@NeillOstrout: #UConn official refutes story of school having contact with Catholic 7 and MWC, splitting hoops/FB "it's nothing we would consider."”
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 06:00:13 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
I'm with moose. Don't want them. Maybe it's just sour grapes.
I keep getting more excited for a hoops only conference.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

mkras99

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2013, 06:06:37 PM »
I'm with Tha Kid. Limited downside.

« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2013, 06:16:41 PM »

I agree.  If we lose them in five years, St Louis/VCU/Creighton or whoever doesn't make the cut will be there.  Gonzaga too

redslope

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2013, 07:15:29 PM »
If they want in let them give up false visions of FB grandure and get real--go division 1-AA like Nova.  (taxpayers in Conn and Ohio would probably approve in a minute rather than continue to pay for these fraud FB programs.)  I would not trust them as far as I could throw their FB teams.  They would leave us in a heartbeat if they stay BCS level.  The "new" league is about BASKETBALL--first, last and always!

If they want to stay BCS come in with a $50M buyout supported by an LOC that will be executed the day they bring up a "desire" to leave OUR conference and a forfeit of the right to sue to lower it if they want to leave.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 07:16:58 PM by redslope »

Moose

« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2013, 08:37:59 PM »
I'm with Tha Kid. Limited downside.

Lawyers always stick together ;)

desco80

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2013, 01:15:27 AM »
If they want in let them give up false visions of FB grandure and get real--go division 1-AA like Nova.  (taxpayers in Conn and Ohio would probably approve in a minute rather than continue to pay for these fraud FB programs.)  I would not trust them as far as I could throw their FB teams.  They would leave us in a heartbeat if they stay BCS level.  The "new" league is about BASKETBALL--first, last and always!

If they want to stay BCS come in with a $50M buyout supported by an LOC that will be executed the day they bring up a "desire" to leave OUR conference and a forfeit of the right to sue to lower it if they want to leave.

Fraud football programs?   I might be the only one, but Cinncinnatti and UCONN both playing meaningful football.  They both average more than 30k fans per game, they've been to bowls recently, won multiple conference championships and have produced NFL talent. 
Are they on par with the SEC?  No, but only 14 teams are.   
Both teams are on par with an average team from the other conferences.   But nobody would suggest Purdue, Iowa State, Wake Forest, or Washington should fold up their programs, or mention them in the same sentence as fcs Villanova.

This is a pet peeve of mine, so it's not only directed at you red slope.  But us SJU fans talk about these school's football programs like they're expendable, UCONN and Cinci fans don't think like that Lol.   This isn't men's diving, these programs have fans!

TONYD3

« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2013, 09:08:13 AM »
When uconn made the orange bowl they lost money. I think a lot of money. If purdue or washinton made the rose bowl their fans would absolutely go to California. Those schools have tradition uconn does not. With the right coach this schools have been good. A good coach would just try to leave uconn for a better job.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2013, 10:18:47 PM »
The only way I would consider UConn or Cinci is if they made the exit fee an astronomical amount, which would really hurt them if they were to leave. We want this conference to look good. How good would it look if we leave the Big East invite them then they leave us after all of that? I don't care if VCU, St. Louis and Creighton would come anyway if they left. I want this conference to not be taken as a joke. 

The real life situation I would compare it to was if your girlfriend flirted with some rich, good looking guy, and openly said she would leave you for him if the other guy wanted. So you get some balls and leave her. Now you're doing just great, you found someone else, and now your ex is real down on her luck, and desperate since that guy rejected her for some other girl. Would you let her move back in with you knowing that she would still leave you if that other guy ever came calling again?? I think not. It's pathetic.

« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2013, 07:57:56 AM »
Ya I would take Dayton and St Louis over UConn and Cincy any day of the week

Moose

« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2013, 08:35:03 AM »

Good to see your on board!

Tha Kid

« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2013, 02:24:39 PM »

[/quote]

Baldi siding with you should be enough for you to realize UConn and Cincy is the way to go!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:25:04 PM by Tha Kid »
"I drink and I know things"

Moose

« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2013, 03:20:01 PM »

Baldi siding with you should be enough for you to realize UConn and Cincy is the way to go!
[/quote]

98% of my posts now are pure sarcasm.  Including that.

« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2013, 03:52:27 PM »

[/quote]

As was mine

Moose

« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2013, 06:53:01 PM »

As was mine
[/quote]

No way?
Really?