Patience

• 62 replies

dR3w

Re: Patience
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2013, 05:49:25 PM »
Huge letdown but I'll remain patient.

Lavins 1st year was better than my wildest expectations.
Cancer last year and a pass for me
This year big dissapointment no doubt.
Next year we need to be markedly better.

I think the Jay Wright Nova comparison would be the fairest way to go

This is a horribly assembled team. At Jay Wright had a plan. No one could identify our plan, because we do anything well. Jay Wright recruited 5 point guards in two years. We are just hoping for one.

Do people honestly believe Lavin has no plan? That astounds me. There is a difference between not having a plan and having a plan that is still in the works. To me, his plan has hit a few bumps along the way which causes all the bitching on these boards. His plan is to recruit high-major athletes and then compliment them with skilled players like Sanchez, Branch, Harrison, Bourgoult, Hooper. Obviously, it's still in the works as we have too many athletes who are not polished and we don't have enough complimentary players (shooters, shot creators, rebounders). And we'll see what happens with Rysheed Jordan. A Jordan/Branch duo would be awesome at PG. We'd be set there.

Say what you want about him, but Jarvis knew he was a defensive minded coach, and he recruited players that fit his system. There was a plan, and while we were not always successful, he had a clear POV, even if it wasn't the very best one we could have had.

Lavin's plan is unclear. We have athletes who can't dribble or shoot, shooters who can't get open, and we are playing without a PF. That alone is maddening because we have a PF who is eligible to play. Lavin needs to answer for this. He's making too much money to be this bad of a coach.

Poison, have you ever had a conversation with Lavin?  He's makes himself available at several functions througout the year and is very approachable.  You have a lot to say to him.  I'm sure he'd enjoy the conversation and appreciate your good intentions.   

I'd pay to see that interaction.

Lavin said "12-13 will be our breakout year. 11-12 they'll be ducklings."

I assume he said this before Harkless indicated he was leaving?

Or before 3 guys didn't qualify, and one would later quit?

dR3w

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2013, 05:51:07 PM »
In the two separate interviews I have seen with him lately, he keeps saying "it is a process".  So whatever that means.  It kind of sounds like they are all learning on-the-go.  I'm not sure that is what everyone would like to hear.

crgreen

« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2013, 01:52:06 AM »
Huge letdown but I'll remain patient.

Lavins 1st year was better than my wildest expectations.
Cancer last year and a pass for me
This year big dissapointment no doubt.
Next year we need to be markedly better.

I think the Jay Wright Nova comparison would be the fairest way to go

This is a horribly assembled team. At Jay Wright had a plan. No one could identify our plan, because we do anything well. Jay Wright recruited 5 point guards in two years. We are just hoping for one.

Do people honestly believe Lavin has no plan? That astounds me. There is a difference between not having a plan and having a plan that is still in the works. To me, his plan has hit a few bumps along the way which causes all the bitching on these boards. His plan is to recruit high-major athletes and then compliment them with skilled players like Sanchez, Branch, Harrison, Bourgoult, Hooper. Obviously, it's still in the works as we have too many athletes who are not polished and we don't have enough complimentary players (shooters, shot creators, rebounders). And we'll see what happens with Rysheed Jordan. A Jordan/Branch duo would be awesome at PG. We'd be set there.

Say what you want about him, but Jarvis knew he was a defensive minded coach, and he recruited players that fit his system. There was a plan, and while we were not always successful, he had a clear POV, even if it wasn't the very best one we could have had.

Lavin's plan is unclear. We have athletes who can't dribble or shoot, shooters who can't get open, and we are playing without a PF. That alone is maddening because we have a PF who is eligible to play. Lavin needs to answer for this. He's making too much money to be this bad of a coach.

Poison, have you ever had a conversation with Lavin?  He's makes himself available at several functions througout the year and is very approachable.  You have a lot to say to him.  I'm sure he'd enjoy the conversation and appreciate your good intentions.   

I'd pay to see that interaction.

Lavin said "12-13 will be our breakout year. 11-12 they'll be ducklings."

I assume he said this before Harkless indicated he was leaving?

Or before 3 guys didn't qualify, and one would later quit?

And probably before he realized HE was going to MISS the 11-12 "duckling" year while recovering from cancer.      The big C will tend to throw a monkey-wrench into the best-laid plans...