Notre Dame Game

• 335 replies
Re: Notre Dame Game
« Reply #320 on: January 16, 2013, 08:22:19 PM »
Must admit with 319 posts I have not read this thread. As for the game-this was a great effort by our guys, an entertaining game, and the reason why i continue to go to our games as I have done for the past 40 years. Agree with coach's comment that Dlo played his most mature game-didn't force his offense and contributed in many other areas. Amir and Dom played well, Christian actually got a couple of rebounds, and CO came up with a timely block at the end. We also may have discovered a defensive strategy to defend the 3-give up wide open lay ups-to start the game ND converted 4 wide open lay ups, got fouled on a lay up attempt and then missed a wide open lay up. It wasn't until their 7th FG attempt that they attempted a shot other than a lay up. This strategy seemed to work as ND has rep of a good 3 pt shooting team and we held them way down in numbers and percentage and won the game. :)

« Reply #321 on: January 16, 2013, 08:38:21 PM »
Amir played well

Didn't think I'd see the day!  ;)

« Reply #322 on: January 16, 2013, 09:35:17 PM »
Where are all the Greene hATERZ NOW! ;D

They are smiling because the success is attributed to being off the ball.
But don't let measly facts get in the way (insert smiley)

He played much better off the ball and I thought he played fine, but he still shot 6-18
Don't get caught up in the numbers! We Won, and he played a big part in setting the tone early on! :uglystupid2:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:35:44 PM by illscalpya4000 »

Dan

« Reply #323 on: January 16, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »
sorry I'm late on this

great win

team is inconsistent but this is a good sign

« Reply #324 on: January 17, 2013, 02:46:16 AM »
Amir played well

Didn't think I'd see the day!  ;)
Again I never said I didn't like Amir or his game, just disagreed with using the word incredible to describe his basketball ability. I root for him, like him and hope he plays great and is successful in whatever sport he chooses. :)

TONYD3

« Reply #325 on: January 17, 2013, 07:56:46 AM »
Why marco constantly mentioned? I can't remember him ever hitting a shot in any game

Missed the St. Francis game?
I was there- maybe to drunk- wasn't that memorable

derk

« Reply #326 on: January 17, 2013, 09:07:31 AM »
Must admit with 319 posts I have not read this thread. As for the game-this was a great effort by our guys, an entertaining game, and the reason why i continue to go to our games as I have done for the past 40 years. Agree with coach's comment that Dlo played his most mature game-didn't force his offense and contributed in many other areas. Amir and Dom played well, Christian actually got a couple of rebounds, and CO came up with a timely block at the end. We also may have discovered a defensive strategy to defend the 3-give up wide open lay ups-to start the game ND converted 4 wide open lay ups, got fouled on a lay up attempt and then missed a wide open lay up. It wasn't until their 7th FG attempt that they attempted a shot other than a lay up. This strategy seemed to work as ND has rep of a good 3 pt shooting team and we held them way down in numbers and percentage and won the game. :)

Yes, credit coach with a new and creative way of reducing the number of 3 point attempts on a team that is one of the leading shooting teams in the country. After all a layup is only worth 2 points. That 1 point saving on each layup won us the game. : ;)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 09:10:02 AM by derk »

DFF6

« Reply #327 on: January 17, 2013, 09:38:43 AM »

Yes, credit coach with a new and creative way of reducing the number of 3 point attempts on a team that is one of the leading shooting teams in the country. After all a layup is only worth 2 points. That 1 point saving on each layup won us the game. : ;)

It's like the old saying, a penny saved is a penny earned, or in this case, substitute point for penny.

redslope

« Reply #328 on: January 17, 2013, 01:48:54 PM »
Was very disappointed with attendence of 7.4K  Where is the "great subway alumni" following for ND.  Brey wants to continue to play us at the Garden but I don't think they merit it with that attendence.  Heck with 7.4, why not move it to campus for a sellout which would't be much less and we wouldn't have to pay rent for a 40% sold Garden.  They play us on their campus after all.  In the future the intersectionals that we play must crerat a Buzz with at least 14K at the Garden.  Get good/great teams with a following here that will sell tickets!

Moose

« Reply #329 on: January 17, 2013, 02:18:02 PM »
Was very disappointed with attendence of 7.4K  Where is the "great subway alumni" following for ND.  Brey wants to continue to play us at the Garden but I don't think they merit it with that attendence.  Heck with 7.4, why not move it to campus for a sellout which would't be much less and we wouldn't have to pay rent for a 40% sold Garden.  They play us on their campus after all.  In the future the intersectionals that we play must crerat a Buzz with at least 14K at the Garden.  Get good/great teams with a following here that will sell tickets!

ND fans don't give a rats ass about basketball.  Even if they showed those fans sit on their hands. 
Remember who broke the Slice news

« Reply #330 on: January 17, 2013, 02:45:25 PM »

I was talking to my friend who I was at the game with and he mentioned that if they played more Big East games at Carnesecca that they would all sell out and the atmosphere would be a great home court advantage rather than having less than a half full Garden. Even though it got pretty loud in the second half for 7400 people.

paultzman

« Reply #331 on: January 17, 2013, 02:48:18 PM »
MSG is a big recruiting tool. Win and attendance there will be acceptable if we play the right teams.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:02:21 PM by paultzman »

Moose

« Reply #332 on: January 17, 2013, 03:00:48 PM »

I was talking to my friend who I was at the game with and he mentioned that if they played more Big East games at Carnesecca that they would all sell out and the atmosphere would be a great home court advantage rather than having less than a half full Garden. Even though it got pretty loud in the second half for 7400 people.

Yes.  But also a lot of the people at MSG that night won't trek to CA.
Remember who broke the Slice news

derk

« Reply #333 on: January 17, 2013, 03:41:33 PM »

A better idea. Let's implore another 6-8K SJU fans to get us to the 15K. I'd rather have 7 the way it was distributed ( about 80 - 20 ) then 12 with additional ND fans.

redslope

« Reply #334 on: January 17, 2013, 04:03:58 PM »
MSG is a big recruiting tool. Win and attendance there will be acceptable if we play the right teams.

Spot on--the right teams: Nova and Gtown will always bring in nice crowds and when we are better, hopefully we will get the support all of us want for the team and the university.  Over in the Rumble they pose an interesting question along the lines of who would you want to see come into the Garden.  This is where we can set up some intersectionals that will sell well because of alumni support locally or national support of good teams.  would love to see a rotation of 4 to 6 teams (2 to 3 home in Garden per year and the others on the road) that would attract large crowds to the Garden.

We have had Duke in the past. Excuse wants in.  Michigan seemed to attract a lot to the Barkley. Kansas?  Texas?  West coast such as UCLA or Stanford?  The road games would give us national exposure and recruiting exposure. 

« Reply #335 on: January 17, 2013, 04:25:01 PM »

Spot on--the right teams: Nova and Gtown will always bring in nice crowds and when we are better, hopefully we will get the support all of us want for the team and the university.  Over in the Rumble they pose an interesting question along the lines of who would you want to see come into the Garden.  This is where we can set up some intersectionals that will sell well because of alumni support locally or national support of good teams.  would love to see a rotation of 4 to 6 teams (2 to 3 home in Garden per year and the others on the road) that would attract large crowds to the Garden.

We have had Duke in the past. Excuse wants in.  Michigan seemed to attract a lot to the Barkley. Kansas?  Texas?  West coast such as UCLA or Stanford?  The road games would give us national exposure and recruiting exposure. 

After we break off from the Big East we should play 2 of Duke, Kentucky, UNC and Syracuse at MSG each year.  I'd prefer if the were in January or February though because you'd be more likely to get a decent St John's turnout in those months.  I think those 4 teams are probably the only 4 that will consistently fill up the Garden out of conference.  The problem with teams like Michigan is they aren't consistently good and their fans will not show up to watch a mediocre Michigan team.  Also enter a big time November tourney and play a few other big time teams in that.