Big Day Wednesday

• 50 replies
Re: Big Day Wednesday
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2013, 08:45:34 PM »
Until Lavin said he was better than Jason Kidd I had always heard he was a scoring point. Which is fine, but then why is Branch starting with him? If he is really some combo Baron Davis / Jason Kidd, start him with Harrison play Pointer at the 3 and let Jordan do his thing
Because coach is blowing smoke up everybody's sphincter muscle as usual. Really, better than J Kidd! Many on these boards were calling Kidd the best point guard in the history of basketball and before Jordan has played one college game he is better? Now I am sure the sycophants will accuse me of hating on Jordan just because I am not ready to proclaim him the best point guard in the HISTORY of basketball.

boo3

« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2013, 08:57:26 PM »
Don't talk facts or actually make sense... you might injure some brains

How about this for FACTS...........to date, one player brought in the last and present recruiting classes.  What big time program brings in ONE player in Two classes. What big time program has to rely on the late signing period to bring in a top flight recruit?  As Surinam Cheese to eloquently put, if you so called fans of the program think that we're are going to compete with the Cuses of the world bringing in one rated player in two consecutive recruiting classes you're nuts.

At this point, I'm more worried about beating a team like LIU who lost by 1 to top 25 Indiana in Indiana.

:yawn:

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2013, 08:59:25 PM »

How about this for FACTS...........to date, one player brought in the last and present recruiting classes.  What big time program brings in ONE player in Two classes. What big time program has to rely on the late signing period to bring in a top flight recruit?  As Surinam Cheese to eloquently put, if you so called fans of the program think that we're are going to compete with the Cuses of the world bringing in one rated player in two consecutive recruiting classes you're nuts.

At this point, I'm more worried about beating a team like LIU who lost by 1 to top 25 Indiana in Indiana.

:yawn:
Staring into the mirror again!  :o

boo3

« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »
 I mean, of all the things to bitch about, you choose recruiting...   That shows a lot..  Too bad there isn't an "ignore" button for some posters... Day they bring something to the table will be a first..

Dave, how about that?  ;)

TONYD3

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2013, 09:07:03 PM »
I think lavin does a great time recuriting the core, starting, staring  players. However not sure what he is thinking with the role players

« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
I mean, of all the things to bitch about, you choose recruiting...   That shows a lot..  Too bad there isn't an "ignore" button for some posters... Day they bring something to the table will be a first..

Here's a towel for your crying to Dave.  :'(

boo3

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »
 good comeback..you're rolling now.. 

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:40 PM »

Agree but what do you bring to the table except obnoxious, nasty comments to anyone you disagree with.  You need to grow up little boy, as you are turning many posters off with your personal attacks.  It may take some thought to stick to the topic and respond intelligently but it's worth a try. Go for it.

boo3

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2013, 09:38:15 PM »
 Isn't it time for you and celts to go to bed... Jeopardy has been over for hours..

Please find one nasty comment I directed at anyone on this board...   If anyone has a problem with my 'obnoxious, nasty' comments they can DM me..  Only Dms I have are from peeps telling me to keep fighting the debbie downers...

Have a good night..

desco80

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2013, 11:33:23 PM »
I have no problem delivering criticism but I fail to understand how Lavin's recruiting is hurting the program.   We had 1 open scholarship last year and he filled it with a very skilled point guard.   What's not to like about that?  Seems like he gets an A+ for 2013.

As for this year, I agree it's frustrating that we're not mentioned with any big recruits, but I think our whole team is returning minus Sanchez.   Next year will be Obekpa's chance to shine as the starting Center, all we need from coach is a serviceable backup big man.    I'm willing to bet he finds one before next fall.   

LoganK

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2013, 08:21:25 AM »

(I'm going to apologize ahead of time for this post, as I don't like "attacking" individuals, but sometimes people just get on my nerves.)

Every time I think I've read the most idiotic, biased, trolling garbage on the internet…I happen across a post like this.  Thank you for reminding people like me how sane, rational, and intelligent we are, by showing what the opposite end of the spectrum contains.  (And I by no means am a genius, although I do like to consider myself overly rational).

How many scholarships did we have to give?  How few minutes is a top 25 recruit willing to take?  Oh wait….we signed a top 25 recruit?  Despite not having many openings or minutes????  How one can complain about the recruiting the last few years is beyond me.

On a completely unrelated note, I found this wooden nickel - perhaps you'd buy it for a dollar?