Dartmouth Game Thread

• 76 replies
Re: Dartmouth Game Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2014, 08:01:47 PM »
I came down from just outside Albany.  Brought my 5 year old son to his first St Johns game. 

It was my first game on campus too, as I usually go to a game or two at the garden every year.  Couldn't believe how packed it was.  I figured we'd be able to move down after the game started but the place was pretty full...except behind the baskets.

« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2014, 08:15:24 PM »
I came down from just outside Albany.  Brought my 5 year old son to his first St Johns game. 

It was my first game on campus too, as I usually go to a game or two at the garden every year.  Couldn't believe how packed it was.  I figured we'd be able to move down after the game started but the place was pretty full...except behind the baskets.

Did your son enjoy it? My Dad got me to a SJU game @MSG in 1946 when I was 8.

boo3

« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2014, 08:22:51 PM »

Awesome.. I still remember going to MSG for the first time with my Dad to see SJU/ Georgetown in 1982 or '83... Was 9-10 myself.. 

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2014, 08:40:25 PM »

Awesome.. I still remember going to MSG for the first time with my Dad to see SJU/ Georgetown in 1982 or '83... Was 9-10 myself.. 

He absolutely love it!!!  His favorite player is Dom (I think because of the association with X Mas song Dominick the Donkey) and he got to see Dom dunk one on a break away. 

As we were walking out, he said are you sure they aren't playing another game?  Then in the car on the way home, he asked if we can do this again tomorrow?

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2014, 08:54:42 PM »
Does he know that Dom is the worst rebounding SF in basketball, he never hustles for loose balls, is an overrated defender and only shows fire when he's throwing punches at the opposition?

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2014, 09:08:10 PM »
Does he know that Dom is the worst rebounding SF in basketball, he never hustles for loose balls, is an overrated defender and only shows fire when he's throwing punches at the opposition?

Dom Downer...

Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2014, 09:19:30 PM »
No at his age Dom can do no wrong kind of like you and Lavin!

« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2014, 11:33:26 PM »
LOL @ Harrison on that last play...  who is he trying to prevent whitey from passing it to 40 feet form the hoop with 1 sec left?

Hey whats with the whitey reference?  Is that a racist comment? You should be ashamed of yourself if so.

LJSA

« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2014, 12:12:53 AM »
LOL @ Harrison on that last play...  who is he trying to prevent whitey from passing it to 40 feet form the hoop with 1 sec left?
Hey whats with the whitey reference?  Is that a racist comment? You should be ashamed of yourself if so.

Yeah Boo, come on! Those cracker ass honkies deserve more respect.

« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2014, 01:16:30 AM »
Yeah the upper deck was packed, I have no idea why they don't make things more affordable for every non conference game. It's either people in the seats or not you'd think they'd choose the former.

Living Social has/had $15 tickets for all games on campus. Travelzoo has lower level MSG tickets for $32.50. Amazon also had discounted tickets. Affordable tickets are out there.

They don't advertise it though. Most casual basketball fans in the area aren't checking Living Social and Travelzoo for St. John's tickets.

« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2014, 06:57:14 PM »
Yeah the upper deck was packed, I have no idea why they don't make things more affordable for every non conference game. It's either people in the seats or not you'd think they'd choose the former.

Living Social has/had $15 tickets for all games on campus. Travelzoo has lower level MSG tickets for $32.50. Amazon also had discounted tickets. Affordable tickets are out there.

They don't advertise it though. Most casual basketball fans in the area aren't checking Living Social and Travelzoo for St. John's tickets.

It probably goes against them trying to get full ticket prices. But as a fan, sometimes people need to do some things on their own. Just saying that deals are out there if you put a little effort into searching.

desco80

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2014, 07:45:34 PM »

It probably goes against them trying to get full ticket prices. But as a fan, sometimes people need to do some things on their own. Just saying that deals are out there if you put a little effort into searching.

Here's the problem ... the living social deal gives buyers a lower price than I paid for my season ticket.   

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2014, 09:57:18 PM »

Here's the problem ... the living social deal gives buyers a lower price than I paid for my season ticket.   

I am a first year season ticket holder under the young alumni package which is a pretty good deal for me. I have three more seasons available at the current price I'm paying, I'll see if I renew next year I might just ride it out until they make me pay more which I probably won't.

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »

I am a first year season ticket holder under the young alumni package which is a pretty good deal for me. I have three more seasons available at the current price I'm paying, I'll see if I renew next year I might just ride it out until they make me pay more which I probably won't.

It's just 25 dollars more for  the regular ones as opposed to the young alumni ones.

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2014, 10:05:50 PM »

It's just 25 dollars more for  the regular ones as opposed to the young alumni ones.

I honestly expected it to be hundreds more. lol

« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2014, 10:10:44 PM »

Just curious, because I'm eligible for the Young alum package too but bought a different one, what section are your seats in at MSG?

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2014, 11:15:59 PM »

Just curious, because I'm eligible for the Young alum package too but bought a different one, what section are your seats in at MSG?

At MSG Sec 120 Row 12

Carnesecca we have Sec 7 Row S