Next Year

• 27 replies

DFF6

Re: Next Year
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2014, 08:11:11 PM »
Good news about yesterday is that it was only a verbal commitment and because of Lavin's lame duck status he went with the sure thing...other then it just being Kentucky. Things go right then he may reconsider.

He signed with KU today.

Yeah, but was it in pencil? 

boo3

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2014, 08:43:15 PM »
Who quits first? Lavin or Jordan?

98% of the board feels the same way about the coach at this point... Time for Baldi to start crapping on the players.
Not true Look at some of the above posts and the poll. SMH

The poll?   It's a joke, ya know... "Coach at St. John's" is the only realistic answer... Isn't exactly scientific

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2014, 09:16:50 PM »

Why don't you ask them yourself, smart guy?

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »
I know it's only one half against NJIT but I have a hard time believing Obekpa will be back next year. He could be in for a monster season. If he averagees over 10ppg and 10 rebs he could be a top 10 pick.
Been critical of Obekpa, played a very good game. Rebounded, played good man defense, and he shpwed something on offense. Our best player tonight. NO WAY top 10 pick! If he leaves dont think he is drafted. Still not strong enough. Was the best foward on court. We played NJIT

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2014, 12:05:50 AM »
As of right now...I think Lavin wants to be back so I think he will be back.

Im not overly happy with the state of the program...but I do think he will pull something out of his hat for next season regarding recruits.  It's what he does...and all we can hang our hopes on right now. 

Didn't do it with the 2014 class

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2014, 09:56:11 AM »

98% of the board feels the same way about the coach at this point... Time for Baldi to start crapping on the players.
Not true Look at some of the above posts and the poll. SMH

The poll?   It's a joke, ya know... "Coach at St. John's" is the only realistic answer... Isn't exactly scientific

No inside info, but gut feeleing is no way he is here next year.
If they make tourney, would book end his tenure here with NCAA appearances, and he can spin that he was succesful (and honestly he would not be wrong). If they don't make tourney he can spin 3 straight NIT berths.Next year unless Jordan and Obepka come back we will be historically bad. No way he wants that on his resume.

« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2014, 08:47:25 PM »
Next year = Walkons, Transfers, and JUCO's.

Why pay him if he can't recruit? We already knew he couldn't coach.

Can't coach and recruit, then WTF do we keep him? Hey I can't coach or recruit, but I'd be a hell of alot cheaper.
Maybe $50,000 a year.

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2014, 10:08:35 PM »
Next year = Walkons, Transfers, and JUCO's.

Why pay him if he can't recruit? We already knew he couldn't coach.

Can't coach and recruit, then WTF do we keep him? Hey I can't coach or recruit, but I'd be a hell of alot cheaper.
Maybe $50,000 a year.
Shh! St John;s may hire you.