Carnesecca Arena Advantage?

• 48 replies
Re: Carnesecca Arena Advantage?
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2016, 08:49:27 AM »
It's interesting to see Villanova play only three games last year at the Wells Fargo Center and now only four this year. Playing most of their games at their smaller arena.

Despite their success they have a tough time filling WFC against out of market schools.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #41 on: December 31, 2016, 10:50:02 AM »
It's interesting to see Villanova play only three games last year at the Wells Fargo Center and now only four this year. Playing most of their games at their smaller arena.

Duke of the North
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

redslope

« Reply #42 on: December 31, 2016, 01:32:55 PM »

Duke of the North
I remember when we used to play Nova at the Palestra--what a great arena

« Reply #43 on: December 31, 2016, 01:41:38 PM »

Duke of the North

They still play big 5 games there  - LaSalle earlier this season.

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2016, 02:34:01 PM »

Duke of the North

One of my favorites.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2016, 03:30:09 PM »

Despite their success they have a tough time filling WFC against out of market schools.

Places like WFC  and MSG are expensive. NOVA has proven that you don't need a fancy arena to be successful

TONYD3

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2016, 03:52:26 PM »
I think you guys are crazy. It's great that we beat butler. But No one wants to go to union turnpike. If we win games we will have no trouble getting people to the garden. If we lose no one is coming wherever we play even if it's free.

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2016, 04:20:14 PM »
But No one wants to go to union turnpike. 

I prefer Alumni hall games to the garden.  I'ld imagine there are other Long Island/ Queens residents and recovering alchoholics that feel the same way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 04:21:14 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »
I'm a long walk or a short drive away from CA but I would rather go to MSG for a game.  A much better experience.  CA is so uncomfortable.