JB Transfer is Wrong

• 35 replies
Re: JB Transfer is Wrong
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »

on BEB there's gonna be less things posted like this because they are now going to have post their sources, which i guarantee none will want to do..

Nah, some fellas over there will alway get away wit murder. They intimidate the power that be or sometin.
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

HTGS_says_shutup

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2007, 06:42:05 PM »

I don't care how "connected" he is... HTGS is borderline psycho based on what he posts online...how he is in the "real" world I can't speak about...don't know him and don't care to.  He bashes St. John's endlessly but somehow doesn't speak a bad word about Jarvis...and threatens posters left and right.  Like I said borderline psycho.

about the other poster you mention...he's not borderline...he is a psycho.

first im a psycho, then im a borderline psycho...would you make up your mind already.  your indecisiveness is worrying me!!! ;)

onto the rest of the post, please tell me what there isnt to bash?  our coach is horrible.  many of the recruits arent big east caliber (Burrell is, and i have credited Burrell numerous times), but its like for every Big East player brought in Norm is bringing in 2 or 3 maac level players.  we dont even have recruits coming in 2008 and we play in a high school gym.

Our fan support and attendance is disgraceful.  But can you really blame the fans?  Only the diehards are left now.  I think the remaining people that are attending are still holding onto a small bit of hope that one day the program will become significant again.

As for me defending Jarvis, the only beef i have is that they fired him six games into the season, and then the roof caved inn with pittsburgh and the sanctions following that.  I will say until the day i die that if they just waited til the end of the season to fire him then they'd have avoided a lot of this crap the program had to endure.  I have also said that if they had fired him at the end of the season I wouldnt have been able to argue that.   The thing that has gotten me so mad is that as bad as Jarvis was, he was still 110-61 at SJU and people have killed him on these message boards, where Norm, albeit his first two seasons are passes, was 37-48 entering this season, and he was already annointed as the savior with basically nothing to base that on.

Listen, you can call me a psycho if you want.  I am really not gonna lose sleep over it.  At the end of the day i want SJU to succeed as much as they can.  I hate seeing this program struggle more than anyone.  Do you really think if I didnt care I wouldve accumulated almost 7,000 posts at BEB?  I just call it like I see it.  The program is in awful shape, and the thing that sucks is there's no light at the end of the tunnel.  Am i too hard on the players?  Yes, I am, and I am no longer going to bash the players on here or at games because I am doing an injustice to them when i do that.  Do I hope Burrell and LW transfer?  Hell NO-- I think it would be completely debilitating to the program, and i dont know how much more the program can take.

I just want to see SJU succeed and as far as I'm concerned all of my gripes (excluding the ones about the players) are completely warranted.

I hope this clears this up a bit for some people here and i wish everyone a happy and healthy 2008.

regards,

HTGS aka Psycho

Randomhero423

« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2007, 06:48:34 PM »
^^ good post.

one thing i disagree is comparing jarvis' first two years and norm's first two years.  jarvis inherited a very good team, while norm inherited a team clouded with NCAA sanctions/not a lot of schollie player.  i don't think it's fair. 

pmg911

« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2008, 08:55:19 AM »

on BEB there's gonna be less things posted like this because they are now going to have post their sources, which i guarantee none will want to do..

Nah, some fellas over there will alway get away wit murder. They intimidate the power that be or sometin.

Choz...  that is a ridiculous statement...    INTIMIDATE THE POWERS THAT BE....       can you please explain what you mean..?

« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2008, 10:52:50 PM »
first im a psycho, then im a borderline psycho...would you make up your mind already.  your indecisiveness is worrying me!!! ;)

onto the rest of the post, please tell me what there isnt to bash?  our coach is horrible.  many of the recruits arent big east caliber (Burrell is, and i have credited Burrell numerous times), but its like for every Big East player brought in Norm is bringing in 2 or 3 maac level players.  we dont even have recruits coming in 2008 and we play in a high school gym.

Our fan support and attendance is disgraceful.  But can you really blame the fans?  Only the diehards are left now.  I think the remaining people that are attending are still holding onto a small bit of hope that one day the program will become significant again.

As for me defending Jarvis, the only beef i have is that they fired him six games into the season, and then the roof caved inn with pittsburgh and the sanctions following that.  I will say until the day i die that if they just waited til the end of the season to fire him then they'd have avoided a lot of this crap the program had to endure.  I have also said that if they had fired him at the end of the season I wouldnt have been able to argue that.   The thing that has gotten me so mad is that as bad as Jarvis was, he was still 110-61 at SJU and people have killed him on these message boards, where Norm, albeit his first two seasons are passes, was 37-48 entering this season, and he was already annointed as the savior with basically nothing to base that on.

Listen, you can call me a psycho if you want.  I am really not gonna lose sleep over it.  At the end of the day i want SJU to succeed as much as they can.  I hate seeing this program struggle more than anyone.  Do you really think if I didnt care I wouldve accumulated almost 7,000 posts at BEB?  I just call it like I see it.  The program is in awful shape, and the thing that sucks is there's no light at the end of the tunnel.  Am i too hard on the players?  Yes, I am, and I am no longer going to bash the players on here or at games because I am doing an injustice to them when i do that.  Do I hope Burrell and LW transfer?  Hell NO-- I think it would be completely debilitating to the program, and i dont know how much more the program can take.

I just want to see SJU succeed and as far as I'm concerned all of my gripes (excluding the ones about the players) are completely warranted.

I hope this clears this up a bit for some people here and i wish everyone a happy and healthy 2008.

regards,

HTGS aka Psycho

maybe you are capable of rational thought after all...and I never said you were a psycho...only borderline psycho ;D

Other than Jarvis there is not much I can argue with in your post.  I disagree about the timing of the Jarvis firing...the guy stopped working(as I heard from a former player, saw with my own eyes while watching the team, and based on horrible recruiting).  He had to go...the sooner the better.  Who really knows if Pittsburgh would've happened or not?  And I don't care what Jarvis' record was...admittedly I defended Jarvis for some time because of his resume...but Jarvis did far worse damage to St. John's than Norm ever could.  If you can't see that then you're blind or choose not to see it.   :-\

I've got eyes and can see what condition the program is in. >:(  Norm's undoing is his inability to get a big time PG to commit to St. John's (and he has had plenty of opportunities in the past few years).  If we had one of Corey Fisher, Malcolm Grant, or Eugene Harvey I think we would all be happily singing a different tune today.  But he hasn't gotten it done and as of right now I don't know one fan that is "happy" about where the program is.  Norm isn't happy either(at least I hope he's not).  I expect more from the program.  I've lived and breathed St. John's from birth.  But I choose to not use junior high screen names like "Hit the Gym Slob" or post pics of crumbcakes.  I also don't respond to every other post with "I bet you wouldn't say that to my face".  Or call the coach and players names...though I have come close with Geno a few times :P

Also you mention the first 2 years and honorably "give a pass" to Norm...so all we had to judge him on is one year in which he lost his best player to injury and his best 2 recruits to academics(Norms fault)...and based on that he is the worst coach to ever walk the face of the earth.  Meanwhile Jarvis....who obviously had the ability to coach but chose not to and thus destroyed the program we all love...and the only thing you can muster up is that maybe an argument can be made that he could have been fired at the end of the season...seems disingenuous to me. :-\

oh yeah....Happy New Year!!!
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Tha Kid

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2008, 01:08:26 AM »

I don't care how "connected" he is... HTGS is borderline psycho based on what he posts online...how he is in the "real" world I can't speak about...don't know him and don't care to.  He bashes St. John's endlessly but somehow doesn't speak a bad word about Jarvis...and threatens posters left and right.  Like I said borderline psycho.

about the other poster you mention...he's not borderline...he is a psycho.

regards,

HTGS aka Psycho

Hit - this is posssibly my favorite post of yours ever.  Very good post and I'm glad you admit you are too hard on the players --- maybe as a peace offering you can do a 1000 word write up on BEB about how amazing Tha Kid's fav player, Paris Horne, is!  ;D
"I drink and I know things"

Dan

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 02:41:29 AM »
Remember, HTGS did not post this.  Neither did The Maven.  Tommysea posted this.

I trust Hit and Maven to post legitimate news.

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 05:50:38 AM »

what murder??? it's a basketball chat room.  you don't see anyone on BEB trashing posters on this site.  what gives? who hurt you over there?

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 08:09:06 AM »
Remember, HTGS did not post this.  Neither did The Maven.  Tommysea posted this.

I have been reading that site for some time now and that HTGS guy and the maven guy have both posted out right lies.  I think they do it to rake the mud.  All that maven guy does is be nasty to people, thinks hes a big man behind his computer or something.  this tommysea guy just hates everything about the program,

I think Choz4life is right, that maven has something on the lead mod over there and gets away w/ whatever  he wants, makes it so no one can give a different opinion.  You say something he don't like, he beats you down and the head guy does nothing.

Tha Kid

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 08:17:02 AM »

I have been reading that site for some time now and that HTGS guy and the maven guy have both posted out right lies.  I think they do it to rake the mud.  All that maven guy does is be nasty to people, thinks hes a big man behind his computer or something.  this tommysea guy just hates everything about the program,

I think Choz4life is right, that maven has something on the lead mod over there and gets away w/ whatever  he wants, makes it so no one can give a different opinion.  You say something he don't like, he beats you down and the head guy does nothing.

I mean --- it's a bball website.  LOTS of people get petty at times, but "he beats you down and the head guys does nothing?"  It's a message board.  I don't see Maven threatening anyone...its one thing to not like the insults some bandy around, but to act like Maven is some bully who you need protection from on the website is a lil crazy...that board allows more first amendment freedom than others, some like it, others dont...no need to disparage posters from there over here...i suggest you take up issue with one of them through PM on BEB if you really have problems with them...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »
Oh man... y'all is mad funny in a saddest of way. Not even wort discussin if y'all this blind.

-Choz4Life
Parking only for NYCHA permit holders.

pmg911

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2008, 08:44:57 AM »

With all due respect...     you have NO IDEA what you are talking about....   

Maven has his opinion and expresses it unapolgetically...   it is certainly his right...   if you actually read his posts you will see that he wants the best for the program...   

If you want to talk about the guy and make accusations..  go do it over on BEB where he posts and he can respond....   you are the one hiding on this web site....

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »

Maven has his opinion and expresses it unapolgetically...   it is certainly his right...   if you actually read his posts you will see that he wants the best for the program...   

If you want to talk about the guy and make accusations..  go do it over on BEB where he posts and he can respond....   you are the one hiding on this web site....

First off...thank you for the respect, but that is my point.  Some of those dudes over there have no respect for nobody, makes it so you don't want play on that court.  No thanks, I don't want to get into a shouting match with those people.  I stay out of street fights.

pmg911

« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2008, 10:47:41 AM »

First off...thank you for the respect, but that is my point.  Some of those dudes over there have no respect for nobody, makes it so you don't want play on that court.  No thanks, I don't want to get into a shouting match with those people.  I stay out of street fights.

Certainly your right to not visit over there but you shouldn't call out a guy on here who isn't around to defend himself....

That would be like me going over there now and calling you out for ripping MAVEN on here..    it just wouldn't be right...

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2008, 12:50:26 PM »

Certainly your right to not visit over there but you shouldn't call out a guy on here who isn't around to defend himself....

That would be like me going over there now and calling you out for ripping MAVEN on here..    it just wouldn't be right...

Maven and HTGS are great guys who love hoops and SJU basketball. I mean come on, these are message boards about college hoops and other off topic stuff-this isnt the real world. Some people just have to stop taking yourselves so seriously

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:22 PM »
I'm locking this up. Everything has been aired out and to keep this going is pointless because its going no where but south. Everyone has said their peace and what we keep failing to realize is this is the jungle and we have our own set of rules here and we are trying to create a community unlike any other of its predecessors. This isn't online message board warfare where we must visit other people's turf to make a statement or express our feelings or opinions. Treat everyone with respect and you will be given it in return. We are allowed to have different opinions and thats why we're hear if everyone had the same opinion what would be the point of posting it? Let remember we're here to talk about sju hoops and not here slander anyone's reputation whether it be a poster, player, or coach. Be respectful I can't say it enough. Your words do carry weight and can carry consequences whether you realize or not.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle