Chant for Kilpatrick

• 24 replies
Re: Chant for Kilpatrick
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2008, 03:25:05 AM »
Y'all can even go further.
Look at the Dream Team. How many of them was Mickey AAs?

Mullin
Jordan
Magic
Ewing
Laetner

How many was unknowns?

Bird - an afterthought, given the last schollie in Indiana's recruitin class.
Pippen - unknown, went to Central Arkansas
Mailman - unknown, went to LA Tech
Stockton - went to Gonzaga fore they was the rage.
Clyde - was a superstar in college but wuzn't no Mickey AA.
Sir C - unheralded and fat til he tore up the SEC.
Admiral - all y'all know his story.

Now this sure dont mean SK gonna be no Dream Teamer. Just sayin that them rankins aint no exact science either.   

How about more recently with Steve Nash. I believer he was only offerred one D1 Schooly, to Santa Clara

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 10:00:59 AM »
the teams with the best players win.  we're not molloy.

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »
Stool,

I really don't hold too much stock in the ratings system of kids in high school. I've seen countless guys thats rivals has rated 3 star and are playing in the NBA now while I've seen 5 star guys turn out to be college busts. Point of the matter is that its all about on the court and not on paper.

Paul Milsap, Rodney Stuckey, Sean Williams are a few names off the top of my head and I think DJ Strawberry if I'm not mistaken too. I think Aaron Gray wasn't even a top 150 guy either not that he is NBA but he dominated in the Big East.

Like anything in life, there are abberations. In effect, your hopes for this basketball team lie with Norm catching lightning in a bottle with some under the radar players. As a fan, does that seem fair to you? Especially when the only thing that could've possibly made Roberts a candidate for this job in the first place was a supposed recruiting prowess at Illinois and Kansas!! With Norm Roberts as your game coach, you better start caring about recruits' rankings quickly.

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2008, 01:56:28 PM »
way to put on an impressive performance today perhaps now he thinks he could see major minutes now because we suck
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Randomhero423

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2008, 02:44:59 PM »
kilpatrick should not come to STJ. with such a inept coach like norm. who knows how much time he'll play (even if he plays great. no one knows)