Postgame Marquette + What Happens Next?

• 36 replies

kob24

Re: Postgame Marquette + What Happens Next?
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2010, 08:17:39 PM »
to many jump shots

you wearing a Giants jersey #89?
yo boo believe it or not that was nick lashey bodyguard he was in the front row watching the game with nick.

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2010, 08:24:52 PM »
http://twitter.com/AdamZagoria

@SethDavisHoops No, unless he was hiding behind a pile of towels. RT @AdamZagoria: Was Father Harrington in the room? #stjbb
about 2 hours ago via web

"We really don’t want to be in school doing schoolwork, we want to play basketball." -- Burrell #stjbb
about 2 hours ago via web

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2010, 08:27:20 PM »
That last line by Burrell was mad funny.

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2010, 09:33:54 PM »
Game was lost in first half. Team was not prepared which is tuff to do when you played them 10 days ago.
 More importantly, Norm cannot recruit NYC area.
 Like the man but he must go now so next coach can recruit 2011 class else rebuilding starts all over again.

Tha Kid

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »

I think the players should man up and request a new coach.  Don't they want a real chance to win as seniors?  Even more than the rest of us?  I'm sure some of them like norm, but with the way he's messed around with pt of: burrell, omari, evans, hardy, coker I'd have to think these guys would love a chance to be coached as seniors by someone like fran mccaffrey or seth greenberg. 
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2010, 10:42:00 PM »

I think the players should man up and request a new coach.  Don't they want a real chance to win as seniors?  Even more than the rest of us?  I'm sure some of them like norm, but with the way he's messed around with pt of: burrell, omari, evans, hardy, coker I'd have to think these guys would love a chance to be coached as seniors by someone like fran mccaffrey or seth greenberg.

theyre emotionally tied and only 19-20 yo. good effort today couldnt get it done. im proud of the way this team played in the BET. just wished they had the desire the entire season. what happens happens.

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2010, 11:33:39 PM »
Costly Turnover down the stretch and missed FT cost us the game. They made plays we didn't when it counted the most...end of story.

kob24

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 11:42:36 PM »
i would of liked to see omari play a little more. i think he brought great energy

pmg911

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 11:45:15 PM »
I said it in the chat during the game.

The teams performance in the BE Tourney just shows how much
they underperformed all season.

There is talent here but it was grossly misused all season.

sjd8886

« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 12:26:05 AM »
Norm just said on Francessa that "as far as he knows this is still his team".  Hate to say it but i have a bad feeling Norm is gonna be back.  This is so sad.  Probably won't follow the team anywhere near as closely next year if Norm is retained.  Not worth the time or the aggravation.  Will still root for the team and they will still be my favorite but damn I am so sick of this guy.

exactly how i feel...ill probably just be looking up the scores online the next day

« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 01:55:45 AM »
First Half killed them i understand that it is difficult to make adjustments on the fly for Norm but don't you think you gotta make it an emphasis during time out that every time Hayward walked up to that three point line in the first half he was going for the switch, i lost count how many time i saw Malik guarding Hayward down in the post in the first half. It wasn't the only thing that killed them but i lost my mind ever time it happened

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 02:00:05 AM »
*sigh*

xhoops

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 03:03:31 AM »
57-55 win by Marquette.  Tough game, very close.  But the same result as last year - out in the second round as Theo pointed out. 

With a weak set of major-conference teams that don't make the NCAAs, St. John's might have a shot at the NIT.

Discuss the game and the future.
So they lose by Two points today.......the third game an announcer has said  that Burrell is the player on the team that other coaches fear the most and was ALL BIG EAST ROOKIE......and Norm plays him 13 minutes. He scored the two shots he got inside the 3 line..... Huh?????

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 08:04:16 AM »
I know I will sound like a cry baby but Lazar Haywood set such an obvious moving screen on Boothe when Cubillian hit the 3. I know it is late in the game and the refs do not want to decide the outcome, but how is Boothe suppose to get around a pulling guard. They keep showing the play on ESPN highlights of the game. Ref needs to make that call.

DJ missed one & one was really big not to mention his TO while dribbling the ball forever at the topof the key. Yo DJ you are not Kobe move the ball and get the shot in the follow of the offence.

xhoops

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2010, 09:31:22 AM »
For the people that were on the Booth wagon..........His line.......31 Minutes......ZERO assists.....2 points on 1-6 shooting and 4 fouls.

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2010, 12:32:55 PM »
First Half killed them i understand that it is difficult to make adjustments on the fly for Norm but don't you think you gotta make it an emphasis during time out that every time Hayward walked up to that three point line in the first half he was going for the switch, i lost count how many time i saw Malik guarding Hayward down in the post in the first half. It wasn't the only thing that killed them but i lost my mind ever time it happened

True dat.  We get caught in a bad switch with our shortest player stuck in the post with the opponents best post player more than any team I've ever seen.

We defended well this game.  Marquette hit MANY Nba range 3's that you can't expect a college team to hit.  Nothing you could do about that.  Also came out 5 for 5 from deep to start the game.  Rough.

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
I know I will sound like a cry baby but Lazar Haywood set such an obvious moving screen on Boothe when Cubillian hit the 3. I know it is late in the game and the refs do not want to decide the outcome, but how is Boothe suppose to get around a pulling guard. They keep showing the play on ESPN highlights of the game. Ref needs to make that call.

I re-watched the highlight and you are right.  But your never going to get that call at that stage of the game.