Naadir Tharpe - PG - Brewster Academy - Worcester, MA - KANSAS

• 44 replies

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
Re: Naadir Tharpe - PG - Brewster Academy - Worcester, MA
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2010, 01:01:38 PM »
Agreed.  While I think a team should have 4 or 5 guards who can handle the point in a pinch (which might be my reaction to the previous staff), I see a logjam for time in the backcourt, assuming Amir Garrett (if he comes, fingers crossed) and/ or Harkless play a little bit of 2 and 3 to get them on the court at the same time (and to prep for possible pro futures).   

Re: Naadir Tharpe - PG - Brewster Academy - Worcester, MA
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2010, 01:17:47 PM »
Congrats to NT. It'll help them somewhat with Tarczewski as well.

Two years ago, we were losing recruits like Justin Crosgile to A-10 power, SJU. Even in a loss, it somehow feels slightly better to be competing against a national power like Kansas for a recruit.

Providence loses Pat Skerry and, as a result, Tharpe to Kansas and Birch to Pitt. They should've come up with whatever money was necessary to keep him in New England.

kjd01067

Re: Naadir Tharpe - PG - Brewster Academy - Worcester, MA - KANSAS
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2010, 01:45:29 PM »
Can't win them all...But unlike past years we are on other top guys.  If we land Nuri, Harrison and Garrett like we think we are I can forget about Tharpe real quick.  It is so nice to not chase a guy for a year and then hear he is going somewhere else and then have to fight to get the scraps.  Lavin is bringing in Top 50 talent and I have a good feeling the guys listed above will be with us very soon.

Poison

« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2010, 01:52:08 PM »
It's nice to say we'll get the next one,
and actually mean it.

Kansas is tough to top.

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2010, 07:57:44 PM »
Was hoping for 2 incoming PGs next year.  But with Lindsey and hopefully Harrison as a combo...we should be alright until Jevon Thomas steps up the following year.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!