UCLA Post game

• 31 replies
Re: UCLA Post game
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 06:52:32 PM »
It was a friggin free throw shooting exhibition...what did they even have 5 FG attempts in the 2nd half?  I didn't appreciate the refs today.  We definitely fouled more but they played physical on defense and should have been called a few times when Hardy was driving.

I thought that TO we got with the full court press and DJ right under their hoop could of been a real momentum shift...instead we miss 3 layups.  Those rebounds off of free throws definitely killed us too.  We had some opportunities today but unfortunately couldn't put enough plays together to get the W. 

Josh Smith was the difference.  I wonder what his +/- was today.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 07:17:21 PM »
23 fouls and 41 free throw attempts.  With the few and 1s they had....it means they shot on essentially every foul except maybe 1.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »
Ugly game. The Darryl Hill game. One guy can't do it all. Kennedy, Horne, Brownlee and Burrell all shat the bed. Hardy can hang his head high. He was a little out of control at the end of the game, but I don't blame him because it was obvious he was the only one with his head in the game.

Evans is going to have recognize when it's his turn to put it up. He's become so tentative on offense, that's it's a 4-5 on game with him out there. He's in there for rebounding, but I didn't him or anyone else get a body on that fat dude. Terrible d in the pain today.

There were a lot of bs calls. I think the play where Horne races down the court and committed what was called a flagrant foul was a great play. That's how you foul. Hard. These ticky tack and ones killed us today.

If you're gonna foul make them feel it.

Ya those refs must not be used to Big East tough play

sjd8886

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 09:42:34 PM »
wish we landed barry, since dj looks like his newest career ambitions are to manage a dairy queen

« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »
wish we landed barry, since dj looks like his newest career ambitions are to manage a dairy queen

Where is Barry?

tims19

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 10:12:37 PM »
  We outscored them by 16 points from the field.

yea well they didn't even get up shots from the field because we didn't give them a chance by just fouling. how about forcing a team that is not exactly deadly from the outside to make jumpers??

i figure if we had big east refs in instead we were in a much better spot.... other team got to the line a larger percent more often

sjd8886

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2011, 10:35:47 PM »

Where is Barry?

as far as i know hes still in limbo...i didnt mean that comment as in hes somewhere lighting it up...i just mean he had the talent, and i wish he came...he could have turned out to be a bust, we wont know until he plays again, but its just disappointing not to land him, and then having dj performing like this

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2011, 11:45:30 PM »

Where is Barry?

as far as i know hes still in limbo...i didnt mean that comment as in hes somewhere lighting it up...i just mean he had the talent, and i wish he came...he could have turned out to be a bust, we wont know until he plays again, but its just disappointing not to land him, and then having dj performing like this
we just gotta hope they win the games they should and pull off 1 more upset then be patient til all the players next year come

gonzalo

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2011, 05:23:52 AM »
It is necessary to have a big (not only tall) man in any team. I´m not saying that the big man will have to be our go-to-guy but a big man who knows to play is key.

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2011, 10:52:39 AM »
Only saw the last 3:47.

It is not easy to give up 3 offensive rebounds on missed FT's in 2 minutes of play.

41 to 7 free throws?  The 3 pac 10 refs must have really gotten us good.

Should have been only 1 second left on the shot clock, not 3, when Ucla hit the 3 point dagger and it does matter.  Play calling, mindset, pressure etc.  Terrible call.

JB2, Hilton and Prez combined for a 4 for 24 16% from the field?  Just brutal.

Hardy resembling Hill and Hatten?

We really need to get to .500 in conference somehow now.  Ucan't game is big. 

tims19

« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2011, 05:12:51 PM »
How the hell were there 3 seconds left on the shot clock?

i dont understand how the shot clock got time added, but the game clock didnt?.... that made little sense to me

« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2011, 11:18:58 PM »
How the hell were there 3 seconds left on the shot clock?

i dont understand how the shot clock got time added, but the game clock didnt?.... that made little sense to me

Good point.  If they adjusted the shot clock than they had to adjust the game clock with it.  House refs I guess.