What do we need for our NCAA Tourney resume

• 28 replies
Re: What do we need for our NCAA Tourney resume
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2011, 10:36:21 AM »
I love Ron, OMG. lol.

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2011, 03:03:17 AM »
Lunardi says in his weekly rundown column, if we get swept by cinci well be back on the bubble.  Obviously, it doesnt matter until we play the full schedule but this is a big big game, especially with @marquette and Pitt coming up.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2011, 10:01:54 AM »
HUGE game...probably the biggest left because this is our best chance at a meaningful road win...and against a likely fellow bubble team.  If we can beat them today they maybe finished based on their remaining schedule. 

Also just noticed Syracuse is now 11th in the Big East standings...haha...who woulda thunk it after the way they handled us in the Garden.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2011, 11:45:19 AM »
Sweet seeing our name above theirs.

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2011, 11:54:23 AM »
Lunardi says in his weekly rundown column, if we get swept by cinci well be back on the bubble.  Obviously, it doesnt matter until we play the full schedule but this is a big big game, especially with @marquette and Pitt coming up.

I think that was before our win vs. UCONN.  I'd have to imagine we would still be securely in even with a loss today.

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 07:08:14 PM »
What do we need for our NCAA Tourney resume?

What we need we just received.  ;D

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 08:01:07 PM »
With the wins this week, I think we only need two more to slide in.  Three more and we are definitely in.  The good news is if we only win two more in the regular season, we will get a patsie in the first round of the BET.

We have three games left we should win (USF, Depaul, SH), plus a chance to steal another from three games we are expected to lose (@Marquette, @Nova, Pitt).  I'd love to see us close it out 4-2. 

Poison

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2011, 08:16:59 PM »
If we finish 8-10 in the BE, we are going to the NIT.
We need 10 conference wins. It's not crazy to expect that.

If we get stuck at 9, we'll need a good showing in the BE Tourney

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2011, 12:06:01 AM »
this win was really needed. if we lost both of the games to cincy, it would definitely hurt us,  as they will most likely going to lose 5 of its last 6 games. and end up in the NIT (lou, @ prov, @gt, uconn, @marq, gt)

its looking good right now, as i cant see us finishing worse that 3-3 in our last 6 games. that would put us at 18-12 (10-8)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 12:08:02 AM by theoffspring447 »