St. John's gets votes in Coaches Poll

• 22 replies
Re: St. John's gets votes in Coaches Poll
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2011, 02:18:40 PM »
The voters can't win.  When they don't recognize us quickly enough, we bash them.  When they recognize us prematurely, we bash them. 

If we were from ny, ppl would say we were being whiny and obnoxious...oh wait...

Why complain?  Its nice confidence boost for the kids and let's see how they do in c v c.

I dont think anyone was really complaining. Usually getting votes or being ranked proves that people around the country recognize how good the team is. Theyre just saying that its way too early and getting votes now is premature and doesnt prove in the slightest how good this team is or will be.

Its the same as the last couple of years when people would start posts and be so excited because St Johns was near the top in RPI after a week or two. Granted last year they played real well down the stretch and ended up having a good season, but there was no way of knowing that based on rankings after the first week of the season.

+10 

Tha Kid

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
The voters can't win.  When they don't recognize us quickly enough, we bash them.  When they recognize us prematurely, we bash them. 

If we were from ny, ppl would say we were being whiny and obnoxious...oh wait...

Why complain?  Its nice confidence boost for the kids and let's see how they do in c v c.

I dont think anyone was really complaining. Usually getting votes or being ranked proves that people around the country recognize how good the team is. Theyre just saying that its way too early and getting votes now is premature and doesnt prove in the slightest how good this team is or will be.

Its the same as the last couple of years when people would start posts and be so excited because St Johns was near the top in RPI after a week or two. Granted last year they played real well down the stretch and ended up having a good season, but there was no way of knowing that based on rankings after the first week of the season.

+10

Damn, I can only subtract 1...don't have as many personalities/alter egos as you...  :D
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 12:23:48 AM »

+10

Damn, I can only subtract 1...don't have as many personalities/alter egos as you...  :D

Gee, I thought it was that you just couldn't count that high. ;D ;D