Baylor - Game Discussion

• 230 replies
Re: Baylor - Game Discussion
« Reply #220 on: November 20, 2012, 07:49:52 PM »
the problem is that we don't have a half-court offense.  it's mind boggling that we start our offense just past mid-court.  we're 30+ feet away from the basket!  and on top of that we can't get our best perimeter shooter open with picks and screens. heslip was working around screens to get open, and DLo was trying to do it all his own!
Bingo! We have a winner! I was in Charleston had great seats for all 3 games. Marco rushes down in time for games 2 and 3, plays some minutes in both games and I believe did not get off a shot. Picks freed Heslip for his shots, we need to do the same for Marco. A few times we did try to set picks for him but they were poorly executed and didn't even let Marco get off a shot let alone a good one. Hopefully this was due to a lack of experience of our screeners and our execution will improve as the season progresses.

sju89tr

« Reply #221 on: November 20, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
the problem is that we don't have a half-court offense.  it's mind boggling that we start our offense just past mid-court.  we're 30+ feet away from the basket!  and on top of that we can't get our best perimeter shooter open with picks and screens. heslip was working around screens to get open, and DLo was trying to do it all his own!
Bingo! We have a winner! I was in Charleston had great seats for all 3 games. Marco rushes down in time for games 2 and 3, plays some minutes in both games and I believe did not get off a shot. Picks freed Heslip for his shots, we need to do the same for Marco. A few times we did try to set picks for him but they were poorly executed and didn't even let Marco get off a shot let alone a good one. Hopefully this was due to a lack of experience of our screeners and our execution will improve as the season progresses.

Wish I would have met you in Charleston?

Marco took 1 shot I think in the Baylor game and he hit the back of the rim.

« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2012, 09:46:27 PM »
Didn't see the game, but I hear Gathers sucks

MCNPA

« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:29 PM »

He's big, but looked really slow and looks like he got a bit fat since the videos I've seen of him.  Not nearly the athlete I thought he was going to be in terms of speed up and down the court.  Fwiw, I'd never trade Jakarr Sampson for Gathers.  Not even close.  Kid is an ox but doesn't show much real skill.  We still could have used a rebounder like him though.

« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:24 PM »

Nah I wouldn't say that. He didn't exactly stand out but I though he played pretty well. At this point though Jakarr looks alot better

« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2012, 10:51:02 PM »

Maybe we did meet and didn't know it. :) I was the one with the gorgeous wife.

« Reply #226 on: November 24, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »
Pretty interesting, after playing in a Tourney together on C of C's home floor last week C of C proceeded to go to Waco and beat Baylor tonight 63-59.

« Reply #227 on: November 25, 2012, 12:05:52 AM »
Pretty interesting, after playing in a Tourney together on C of C's home floor last week C of C proceeded to go to Waco and beat Baylor tonight 63-59.

I read something about an exemption for "non-bracket" games that are still considered part of the tourney.  It allows for another game for these teams within the tourney exemption.  There was another one as well.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

Foad

« Reply #228 on: November 25, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »
C of C proceeded to go to Waco and beat Baylor tonight 63-59.

Asterisk: Heslip DNP, appendix.

« Reply #229 on: November 25, 2012, 09:09:36 AM »

I read something about an exemption for "non-bracket" games that are still considered part of the tourney.  It allows for another game for these teams within the tourney exemption.  There was another one as well.

That is correct.

And I did not know Heslip did not play.

sju89tr

« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2012, 11:54:44 AM »

Maybe we did meet and didn't know it. :) I was the one with the gorgeous wife.

LOL, I thought that was me LOL

I tried talking with other St Johns fans there but no one seemed all that friendly