Fordham Game

• 69 replies
Re: Fordham Game
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2014, 07:32:08 PM »
I thought branch played well. Good defense and more than a handful of nice passes. The ball moves noticeably better when he gets minutes. I am not sure who has ever said he was better than Jordsn though.

Min Reb AST STL T.O. Pnts
Jordan    29    3      2       4     2       24        Jordans best game this year and only 2 turnovers in 29minutes. He's getting it now, take care of the rock                               
DLo         35    2      1         1     0       22        Typical DLo numbers
Branch    25   2      7        0    0        2          Branch does what a point should, take care of the ball and distribute it to everyone.

Hope CO plays vs. SMU

paultzman

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
@NCAAhoopsdigest: ICYMI: #SJUBB will go as far as Rysheed Jordan will take them. Red Storm rolled over #Fordham today, gamer here: http://t.co/N53v1xQ0Ea

Poison

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2014, 08:13:01 PM »
Fordham is a disgusting program. I would have body slammed that little f'cker for pulling that shit. Glad that they were able to play, and play well w out Obekpa. Amar and Christian could use a shit ton more practice. I usually have a hard time identifying who is more lost out there, but when Amar rebounded the ball and then handed it directly to a Fordham player, my question was answered. 
It's a blessing in disguise provided Obekpa doesn't get suspended. 
Still, it's too bad that we didn't allow Amar to teach them a lesson, Bosnian style. But to his defense, he probably didn't have any of his tools with him on the court. 

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2014, 08:31:29 PM »
The only thing Pecora has to keep Paschall at Fordham is the conference.  The A-10 is a real league.  That's why even having a few decent pieces won't be nearly enough to do damage anytime soon.

redslope

« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
With Sheed coming off the bench, I see the team get a lift which no one else other than Dangelo can possibly give.  Being sixth man can something that differentiates the team that no one else can match.  He was sent to check in right before first media time out.  This seems to be a pattern as to his "new" role which helps the team.  He is getting the minutes and that is what matters most.  As people have always said--it is not who starts the game but who finishes and Sheed will be on the floor at the end of any close game.

Foad

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »
Couple things. Can anyone confirm Obekpa throwing the FU player was his 2nd T, not the first. The bonehead pair who actually has jobs calling college basketball games really had no clue what state they were even in. Zach tweeted that Obekpa picked up a T earlier when breaking up the guy who was stepping over Harrison. If so then the first T was a joke if that is in fact the case. The 2nd one though alone was nice personic and grounds for dismissal.
Obekpa, playing his best basketball of his St. John’s career, was called for a technical foul early in the fast half for talking trash with Fordham guard Antwoine Anderson. And with 3:48 left in the half, he appeared to intentionally shove Dekeba Battee-Aston into the Fordham bench after the whistle, which resulted in a foul and a second technical foul. From Zach in Post
I don't know if that is true or false, but from viewing the telly the first technical was when he assaulted a Fordham player after a rebound. That was clearly a flagrant foul and justified. When they came back from the TV break the announcers said that the refs had told them that the second T was for jawing from the bench after the first one was called. If there was a T before the assault I did not see it, no free throws resulted, and it was not mentioned in the broadcast. That a second T came during the commercial break seems to me the most logical explanation.

Poison

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2014, 09:34:25 PM »
The only thing Pecora has to keep Paschall at Fordham is the conference. The A-10 is a real league. That's why even having a few decent pieces won't be nearly enough to do damage anytime soon.
Paschall is a fool to stay there, but then again he was dumb enough to go there. 

« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2014, 09:35:39 PM »
Young official calling 2nd tech. Weak

2nd tech was valid.  It's the first one that was weak.

« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
The only thing Pecora has to keep Paschall at Fordham is the conference. The A-10 is a real league. That's why even having a few decent pieces won't be nearly enough to do damage anytime soon.
Paschall is a fool to stay there, but then again he was dumb enough to go there.
He needs to hit the gym

« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »
That baseline drive and two handed jam by Sir with Love was Nasty!  He got off the floor quick and looked like he could have headed the rim.