ODU predictions

• 94 replies
Re: ODU predictions
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2016, 10:27:54 PM »
Our stiff fouled their stith at the close of the half.

Poison

« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2016, 10:30:12 PM »
Mullin is a great name, but wow is he a terrible coach. Have some dignity, and back down

You want Mullin to resign?  Seriously ? 

No, that's crazy. What I want is for him to give the keys to someone who isn't completely clueless as a coach, because f, he sure is. But hey, he was awesome 30/40 years ago, so by all means keep kissing his ass.

« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2016, 10:31:08 PM »
This isn't solely a youth issue.  It plays a small role, but it's more of a sideline issue.  Too much helter-skelter/freelance garbage.  If I actually saw some sets being ran, and a coordinated defense, then I'd clearly say youth is a huge factor in our play. 

My brother is watching the game with me (he mainly watches NBA ball, but will watch college ball during tourney time), and he said, "This shit looks like an exhibition game.  St. John's is wild and never passes the ball."  This is his first time watching us this season. 

TheVig

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2016, 10:31:35 PM »
Mullin is a great name, but wow is he a terrible coach. Have some dignity, and back down

If this season continues the way it's going right now, I think he should think long and hard about whether his heart is in the job and whether he is qualified

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2016, 10:32:53 PM »
(1) Ellison is a very unlikable player
(2) It feels like Ponds is just either way better than everyone, way smarter than everyone , or some combination of the two.
(3) Our bigs have the worst hands I think I've ever seen at SJU.
(4) What was Ellison doing on that fast break. Ponds threw his hands up after and said "what the f*cl!"

« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
The lack of passing on offense is troublesome.  I know he's 0-3 but we need to run plays to get Mussini open looks.  Same for Freud.

I'd rather have Amar out there than Sima.  Sima is so soft and seems like he is just going thru the motions

« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2016, 10:46:41 PM »
(2) It feels like Ponds is just either way better than everyone, way smarter than everyone , or some combination of the two.
(4) What was Ellison doing on that fast break. Ponds threw his hands up after and said "what the f*cl!"

Ponds is the best and smartest player on the team.

« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2016, 10:48:14 PM »

Ponds is the best and smartest player on the team.

By far.

desco80

« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2016, 10:49:24 PM »

No, that's crazy. What I want is for him to give the keys to someone who isn't completely clueless as a coach, because f, he sure is. But hey, he was awesome 30/40 years ago, so by all means keep kissing his ass.

Not kissing his ass.  Things need to improve.
But this wasn't going to be a 20 win team anyway.

I do agree he should've hired an assistant w coaching experience. 

« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2016, 10:52:45 PM »
Lovett dribbling way too much. Needs to check himself

desco80

« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2016, 10:54:53 PM »
Lovett dribbling way too much. Needs to check himself

We need to simplify things and call set plays every possession.   Let Lovett bring the ball up and call a play.  I don't care if they figure out what's coming.
Back to basics.

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »

I think most sane fans knew it wasn't gonna be a 20-win season.  I also feel he needs time.  But, this is reminiscent of some type of AAU ball play. 

This is chuck and duck.

desco80

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2016, 10:58:56 PM »

I think most sane fans knew it wasn't gonna be a 20-win season.  I also feel he needs time.  But, this is reminiscent of some type of AAU ball play. 

This is chuck and duck.

I worry the locker room will fracture if things don't improve.   Mullin has to keep them working together.

desco80

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2016, 11:00:08 PM »
FYI ... Lovett called play "1" coming up the court on that possesion. 

Maybe somebody's reading the message board.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:24 PM »

This is chuck and duck.

I worry the locker room will fracture if things don't improve.   Mullin has to keep them working together.

Oddly, I was thinking the same, per the locker room.

Johnny23

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2016, 11:01:47 PM »
I'm not watching or listening tonight but reading all these posts is exactly what many of us have been saying since the offseason. They needed an experienced X's and O's coach desperately and instead made Richmond a full time ass't.

They have zero semblance of an offensive game plan. Changes will need to be made if we want to see this team grow and progress over the next few years the way they should.

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2016, 11:02:11 PM »
IMO, this game might be over.

« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »
Lovett dribbled us right out of the game.

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2016, 11:05:35 PM »
I'm not watching or listening tonight but reading all these posts is exactly what many of us have been saying since the offseason. They needed an experienced X's and O's coach desperately and instead made Richmond a full time ass't.

They have zero semblance of an offensive game plan. Changes will need to be made if we want to see this team grow and progress over the next few years the way they should.

Agree.  Some people believe it's as simple as just adding Brown, Simon, and Clarke.  If you have your head in the sand and denying what you see, then that's the way to view it.  This is more than simply a personnel issue. 
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 11:06:16 PM by mjdinkins »

Marillac

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2016, 11:06:39 PM »
How do you put Darien Williams in the game at that point? He is an automatic foul. Who does running boxouts past sixth grade?  Man, this staff is taking away any hope I had for the future very quickly