Mid-year transfers?

• 296 replies

hnk

Mid-year transfers?
« on: December 07, 2016, 10:03:06 AM »
Anyone coming? Anyone leaving?  We still need more strength, muscle, weight, hands (even with Clarke and maybe Brown on the way.)

Johnny23

Re: Mid-year transfers?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »
I said before the season began that we were going to need more bulk to contend in BE play. It's not about height, it's about strength, toughness and guys who can control the paint. Owens is our toughest inside guy and he's built like a string bean. Clarke and Brown will be very welcomed additions if they both play next year.

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 03:26:24 PM »
We have 13 on scholarship so no room for mid year transfer.

goredmen

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 03:28:30 PM »

Unless one of the guys currently on our roster is also a mid year transfer

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 03:34:47 PM »

Unless one of the guys currently on our roster is also a mid year transfer
Why don't we just make a trade.

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2016, 04:25:45 PM »
If only Livingston came.
Ahhhhhhh

hnk

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 02:17:29 PM »
Sima gone. Welcome to college basketball.   He seemed like a good kid if not a great basketball player. We need a few 230 plus guys w decent hands!!!!!!!  Poor Matt ---- more frequent flyer mileage.  Let's find a grad. transfer or two or three...with heft and muscle.

Poison

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 02:29:44 PM »
I wonder if there is anyone who could possible join the team in January? Is that even possible?

hnk

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »
Does Charles Barkley have any eligibility left?

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 11:09:54 PM »
I wonder if there is anyone who could possible join the team in January? Is that even possible?
Yes if someone with college eligibility comes out of the Federal Witness Protection Program.

ras

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 11:31:46 PM »
. There are going to be mid year transfers. It definitely is a possibility we could snag one. He would be able to join the team in Jan , but wiould have to sit out a year, making him eligible late Dec. next year. You never know maybe a skilled big somewhere is unhappy.

hnk

Harry Froling?????
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 10:06:51 AM »
Possible mid-year.....6/11 and 250.

Re: Harry Froling?????
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 10:37:56 AM »
Possible mid-year.....6/11 and 250.

Give him a call but he is only averaging 4pts and 3rpg so our fans would say he sucks.

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 11:37:35 AM »
I bet we'll nab a big but they will have to sit until this time next season.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 04:30:40 PM »
What's the point of taking a mid-year transfer who has to sit out until 2nd semester next year?  I'd rather use the schools to recruit a player who will be available opening day next year.  The only exception would be if there is some really skilled big that wants to come here and he is worth waiting the extra semester for.  To use it on someone who is averaging 4 pts?game at his current school seems like a waste, imo.

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2016, 04:35:03 PM »
What's the point of taking a mid-year transfer who has to sit out until 2nd semester next year?  I'd rather use the schools to recruit a player who will be available opening day next year.  The only exception would be if there is some really skilled big that wants to come here and he is worth waiting the extra semester for.  To use it on someone who is averaging 4 pts?game at his current school seems like a waste, imo.

Funny isn't it?

ras

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2016, 06:17:44 PM »
The point is you could get an experienced ,ready to play big eligible before the BE season next year. Gotta make some noise next year and if Zack doesn't qualify we need another capable big. Obviously no point in recruiting a dud. If Zack doesn't qualify we need more than a project.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 06:20:04 PM by ras »

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2016, 06:24:15 PM »
Mid year transfers are great for mid majors. Is that what we are?

ras

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Sometimes good mid year transfers are available. If we can get one fine. If none available ,try the JC route. We are behind the 8 ball. We are not Kentucky. Branch was a nice transfer. But was fragile and did not live up to his HS ranking, If we don't start winning next year , recruiting will fall off IMO. Maybe we  will get lucky and Zack will qualify , but Paultzman and Dinkens think the odds are against it. Maybe I'm panicking and Owens and Yakwe at the Center w Clark and Bash at the PF will work out fine. A 3 guard lineup of Lovett,Ponds and Simon sounds good.

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 06:40:29 PM »
Sometimes good mid year transfers are available. If we can get one fine. If none available ,try the JC route. We are behind the 8 ball. We are not Kentucky. Branch was a nice transfer. But was fragile and did not live up to his HS ranking, If we don't start winning next year , recruiting will fall off IMO. Maybe we  will get lucky and Zack will qualify , but Paultzman and Dinkens think the odds are against it. Maybe I'm panicking and Owens and Yakwe at the Center w Clark and Bash at the PF will work out fine. A 3 guard lineup of Lovett,Ponds and Simon sounds good.

Panic is warranted