Carnesecca Arena Advantage?

• 48 replies
Carnesecca Arena Advantage?
« on: December 30, 2016, 01:26:52 AM »
Do you think St. John's beats Butler at MSG? Did the intimate atmosphere help the cause?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Re: Carnesecca Arena Advantage?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 01:31:52 AM »
I will say definitely not in the hope we upgrade our facilities to help our program.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 02:14:47 AM »
Yes I do.

But I also think three BE games a year at the Lou is the perfect amount. Only teams that we should 100% always play at the Garden is Nova and GTown. Anyone else should be up for consideration to come to Queens.

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 02:28:56 AM »
Do you think St. John's beats Butler at MSG? Did the intimate atmosphere help the cause?
Absolutely a home court advantage. Something we always had years ago.

Poison

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 02:33:56 AM »

I think Butler freaked out at the end of the game and the 6th man is why. Carnesecca Arena was rocking. No way does MSG sniff the same energy w 6,000 people.

desco80

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 08:44:18 AM »
I'm usually a fan of playing as many games at MSG as possible, but I have to agree - playing some conference games at CA isn't awful.  There was a good atmosphere there last night.

derk

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 09:15:12 AM »
Not until they upgrade the seating and allow replays on their fancy new scoreboard

Wods317

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2016, 09:23:33 AM »
It is an interesting argument. It is hard to say how much CA helps because we havent played a ton of ranked teams in recent times at CA. In fairness we have pulled a bunch of pretty big upsets at the Garden over the last 5 years or so including G'Town, Creighton, Duke, Pitt, etc. I think in the right game where the crowd gets into it like last night it definitely helps us and gets the other team to speed up and make some mistakes. Yesterday was a great game to be at, had a lot of fun.

desco80

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2016, 09:24:46 AM »
Do you think we will have as much support next week for the Creighton game?

Key factors:
Later start time, 830 v. 7pm
No whiteout, t-shirt giveaway
No bobble head

derk

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2016, 09:29:54 AM »
Maybe Mussinni back ? That must be some infection. Any word ?

Wods317

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 09:42:02 AM »

Key factors:
No bobble head

The shirt and bobblehead will have a small effect  but the time might be a factor. Personally I work in Queens so to get off at 5 and wait around until 830pm and get home at 11pm is rough. If we keep the winning streak going and beat DePaul soundly I will probably bite the bullet.

desco80

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2016, 10:15:57 AM »

Key factors:
No bobble head

The shirt and bobblehead will have a small effect  but the time might be a factor. Personally I work in Queens so to get off at 5 and wait around until 830pm and get home at 11pm is rough. If we keep the winning streak going and beat DePaul soundly I will probably bite the bullet.

Make the effort Wods!  this team needs you lol

TONYD3

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2016, 10:17:42 AM »
If we win Sunday . I will go vs creighton. 8:30 sucks. Their won't be anything close to a sell out. Playing games on campus has its advantages, but we need to establish the garden as our home court. Hoping butler and creighton are their next year. We can play DePaul in queens.

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2016, 10:20:30 AM »
Play all the games on campus until we are a consistent contender. Might not be that long

Wods317

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 10:53:15 AM »

Key factors:
No bobble head

Make the effort Wods!  this team needs you lol

You sold me haha. Winning Sunday will convince more people to come to the Creighton game.

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 10:55:28 AM »
As large as crowd was, I thought it was still overly quiet for more than 3/4 of game other than student section and the scattered die-hards..

The half-assed chants are embarrassing when not enough people can muster up energy to root on the team.

End of game energy was great to see though

desco80

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2016, 11:06:18 AM »
By the way, speaking of the crowd... we must have the dumbest fans in America.  We might be the only fan base that doesn't understand to put the white t shirt on during a "white out".

More than half our fans put their shirt in their bag or jacket.

« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2016, 11:18:01 AM »
By the way, speaking of the crowd... we must have the dumbest fans in America.  We might be the only fan base that doesn't understand to put the white t shirt on during a "white out".

More than half our fans put their shirt in their bag or jacket.

Fair observeration, but I could only get half of my group of 10 to wear it at all, or keep it on for some of game.  Just too crowded and too hot for some of them.

Wods317

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2016, 11:21:46 AM »
Loved when Lovett got the crowd fired up. The CA crowd always seems to wait until the last couple minutes to really get loud.

« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 11:35:52 AM »
My problem wearingthe shirt is I came from work and it's just too hot and crowded in there to be holding 3 layers of clothes and a jacket.